Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 09:17 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Barack still has time to get impeached and lose all this presidential benefits for after office.
Would a post Office impeachment negate all the pardons?

Shouldn't Bill Clinton be post Office impeached?

Mark Rich would have to start eating Euros at Greek restaurants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 03:24 PM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I don't know what your experience is, but when I'm at work or even at home I rarely use the actual email address. At work my email client uses a LDAP server to lookup email address and previously used email addresses are in an address book. All I need to do is type in some form of a persons name and their email address is inserted. Unless I make the effort to look I don't see how it was resolved.

I don't know what system the White House is using but simply sending someone a email does not mean you know their email address.
Just like regular mail. You HAVE TO KNOW THE ADDRESS of the person you are sending mail to.

IF it does NOT say .GOV, it is NOT a gov.t site.

How hard is THAT to decipher?

Old 03-04-2016, 04:25 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,847,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Just like regular mail. You HAVE TO KNOW THE ADDRESS of the person you are sending mail to.

IF it does NOT say .GOV, it is NOT a gov.t site.

How hard is THAT to decipher?
I just sent an email today to a business associate all I typed in was June the system filled in the rest. I don't know June's email address. Yes, I could find out if I wanted. It is rare event for me to actually have to type the actual email address with the domain. Occurs more often with personal emails, but still pretty rare event.

Old 03-04-2016, 05:03 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,701,389 times
I've been using government e-mail since 1992. Without getting too much into specifics, each department uses a list of its employees and their 'dot gov' addresses. When you go outside your department, you have to type in the address the first time and/or add it to your contact lists.

The only way I could send email to a private party (ending in 'dot com' or something) was to enter it by hand - at least the first time.

[anybody]@clintonemail.com is a bogus address for anyone in the government, and everyone in the government knows it.

Old 03-04-2016, 05:33 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,701,389 times
Rereading this thread, there seem to be some who believe that AG Loretta Lynch and/or the White House is going to try to make this go away. Ummm, okay.

But the fact that they immunized Pagliano speaks volumes to me. My recollection is that had to get approved way, way up in main Justice. Like AAG Criminal high.

The next thing that happens after you grant immunity is you interview the guy - in depth. Once you have drained the witness of everything he knows (and your agents have acute writer's cramp from taking notes), you 'lock in his testimony.' You do that with a grand jury. (This process takes several days.)

So what Hillary calls a 'security review' is actualy way, way more than that. It's got a Bureau file number (with her name as the title of the case) and a DOJ criminal case number (because that is necessary to get the witness immunized and to schedule time in the GJ room).

So if AG Lynch has visions of quashing this down the road, she's making it harder on herself. The fact that she or her AAG/Criminal granted Pagliano immunity suggests to me that they are going after someone in a big, big way.

That Hillary is still campaigning and collecting contributions tells me she either doesn't get it, thinks she is above it, believes Obama will pardon her or is in deep denial. With her? Who knows.

Old 03-04-2016, 05:55 PM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
The Bureau's investigation has nothing to do with what the State Department has released. They have all the original evidence (servers, hard drives and thumb drives) and does not give a flip what State releases under FOIA.
:
So does that mean the FBI has the emails she deleted also?
I've heard both that they do have those emails and that they don't .

Old 03-04-2016, 06:06 PM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Quote:

So if AG Lynch has visions of quashing this down the road, she's making it harder on herself. The fact that she or her AAG/Criminal granted Pagliano immunity suggests to me that they are going after someone in a big, big way.
Or could this just be for show -- Obama and Lynch trying to make it look like they are playing honest, when they know Pagliano won't spill the beans? They can later say, "See we did the right thing, no cover up on our part."

Old 03-05-2016, 08:56 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,847,443 times
Quote:
I've been using government e-mail since 1992. Without getting too much into specifics, each department uses a list of its employees and their 'dot gov' addresses. When you go outside your department, you have to type in the address the first time and/or add it to your contact lists.

The only way I could send email to a private party (ending in 'dot com' or something) was to enter it by hand - at least the first time.

[anybody]@clintonemail.com is a bogus address for anyone in the government, and everyone in the government knows it.
Do you suppose someone might have loaded the President's email address book or do you really think he does it himself?

Old 03-05-2016, 04:39 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Do you suppose someone might have loaded the President's email address book or do you really think he does it himself?
And don't you think someone at that level would question a Hillary.net type address? They would have brought it to someones attention and made it an issue. Obama sending email to a private server just does not flush.

Old 03-05-2016, 05:58 PM

27,149 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
I don't know what your experience is, but when I'm at work or even at home I rarely use the actual email address. At work my email client uses a LDAP server to lookup email address and previously used email addresses are in an address book. All I need to do is type in some form of a persons name and their email address is inserted. Unless I make the effort to look I don't see how it was resolved.

I don't know what system the White House is using but simply sending someone a email does not mean you know their email address.

First letter I type of someone's name brings up a list of with that letter in common and with the Email of each displayed right after each name.

Most Email is like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies