Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2016, 11:26 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Why can't whites be like Asians?

I remember Chris Rock used to ask the white men in his audience how many of them wanted to be him. Nobody ever did...even when he pointed out that he was rich.

After all is said and done, being a white male is still the best deal this society offers. As CK Louis quips, "Yes, I'll take four more years of being white, thank you."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 11:44 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Why can't whites be like Asians?
Whites aren't blaming their failures on other people. Neither are Asians.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:20 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
LOL whites blame their failures on people all the time, including Blacks (danggum blacks take all the jobs with their Affirmative Action, danggum blacks gets all kinds of "free stuff" so the poor white man with his reverse discrimination can't get anything, danggum blacks make a stink when the white man says n*gg** and now the white man doesn't have freedom of speech...I could go on and on).

FWIW, whites blame their failures on Latinos too (illegal immigrants also take all their jobs and their kids spots in school).

They blame Asians for them not being able to get STEM jobs (danggum H1b visa Asians).

Whites complain and blame their failures on all minorities and the "the government."

Old 03-15-2016, 01:24 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
You seen the protectionist threads lately ? Who do you think Trump is appealing to?

I never knew there were so many whiny whites before I got to this forum.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:32 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL whites blame their failures on people all the time, including Blacks (danggum blacks take all the jobs with their Affirmative Action, danggum blacks gets all kinds of "free stuff" so the poor white man with his reverse discrimination can't get anything, danggum blacks make a stink when the white man says n*gg** and now the white man doesn't have freedom of speech...I could go on and on).

FWIW, whites blame their failures on Latinos too (illegal immigrants also take all their jobs and their kids spots in school).

They blame Asians for them not being able to get STEM jobs (danggum H1b visa Asians).

Whites complain and blame their failures on all minorities and the "the government."
ALL day long. Whites complain more than any other group when they have had the most opportunity to make something of themselves.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:43 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
ALL day long. Whites complain more than any other group when they have had the most opportunity to make something of themselves.
A bunch of crybaby white boys. They worry about someone who is practically illiterate even in their own language taking their jobs. Grow some balls, white boys.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Could you please point it out as where the evidence is? Police need probable cause to stop someone, black or white. Unless you have proof to say that police stop people for being black, one can only draw the conclusion that black people commit more crime - giving police more probable causes, and hence they are stopped more often.

It is well documented that police disproportionately stop black drivers and approach black people walking and even in Florida stop black people on bikes much moreso than other demographics. The "propable cause" is usually "suspicion."

The proof is that black people are not hyper criminal when it comes to minor traffic violations or drug use/abuse. You can choose to ignore that if you like, but I'm sure information has already been shared in this very thread about this topic. If you want some details, read this article (most people don't like to read today so you probably won't) The Disproportionate Risks of Driving While Black

Are black junkies not seen as victims of addition today? Were white junkies back in 80s and 90s not seen as criminals? Why do you compare white junkies today to black junkies in 1980? Apple v.s. orange?

Black junkies have always been seen as criminals and have always been locked up. White junkies today are seen as victims and in need of help and assistance. As stated, you do not see raids of white suburban homes for drugs like you did back then and still see today in black neighborhoods.

Percentage or ratio is only meaningful thing here. As a fact (Post 261 and 268), police shot white suspect at a much HIGHER ratio than black suspect. BLM is racist and delusional and a liar in front of the facts.

Police shot whites 40-50% of the time. White people are 60-70% of the population. Black people are 12-13% of the population and were shot 20-30% of the time. That means it is more likely that a black suspect will be shot versus white.

I cut off most of your reply as it's irrelevant. I was talking about ratio and percentage and you are talking about number and progresses. Again, apple v.s. orange.

What ratio or percentage are you speaking about?

Without Affirmative Action, what percentage of college students would you think would be black? In California with 11% of population being Asians, Asians occupy 40% in their colleges. How about blacks? Why can't blacks be like Asians taking 40%?

I believe blacks would be the same in regards to education today without AA. Black students have always had a high concentration of students at HBCUs, which are mostly 90% black or more. Affirmative Action moreso helps white women. Race based college admission, except at very prestigious schools of which there is not a large black population is not a huge factor in admission. As stated, black people primarily go to public universities. Do you think black people get preferential AA treatment at Georgia State University of Wayne State University, colleges with a large percentage of black students? I don't think so.

In regards to your Asian question in relation to CA, I am not from CA and have never been there (don't want to go) but black people are only 6% of the population of CA based on a quick google search and they are moving away from CA to the south, specifically places like TX and Atlanta, GA. The google search had articles that showed that Oakland has lost 25% of the its black population and that black people in Los Angeles are also moving in large numbers to the south and SE states.

I also reviewed a report about the state of higher education in CA and it stated that 40% of black high school graduates attend college the next year after in CA. Most go to community colleges and the state university system.

Of particular interest to me in that report was that CA recently established a transfer partnership with 9 HBCUs that will allow an automatic acceptance of credits of black students to 4 year colleges after completing 2 years at a community college in CA. Also of interest was that a large percentage of black students who transfer from CA community or state colleges transfer out of state, usually to the south or SE, as stated above.

Responses in bold above.

Old 03-15-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:

Does Affirmative Action not take jobs away from other people???

Blaming on illegal immigrants and H1B visa frauds are totally fine because it's illegal.

Speaking of the truth is not whining.

Old 03-15-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Does Affirmative Action not take jobs away from other people???

Blaming on illegal immigrants and H1B visa frauds are totally fine because it's illegal.

Speaking of the truth is not whining.
LOL, then you shouldn't be mad when I speak about the historic and current truths that affect the black demographic as it relates to systematic racism in our criminal justice system and the positive gains of black Americans in education today.

Speaking of the truth is not whining

Old 03-15-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
It is well documented that police disproportionately stop black drivers and approach black people walking and even in Florida stop black people on bikes much moreso than other demographics. The "propable cause" is usually "suspicion."

The proof is that black people are not hyper criminal when it comes to minor traffic violations or drug use/abuse. You can choose to ignore that if you like, but I'm sure information has already been shared in this very thread about this topic. If you want some details, read this article (most people don't like to read today so you probably won't) The Disproportionate Risks of Driving While Black
Your article has no credibility whatsoever. The only conclusion one can draw is black people disproportionately commit offenses (cause), resulted in them being stopped disproportionately (effect).

Just because blacks are stopped more often, it does not mean police purposely target them. You'd need to provide a study that shows black people are stopped because their skin color aka racial profiling. For example, police stop blacks without any reasonable suspicion, a well defined legal concept - keep in mind, police cannot stop anybody just because.

Quote:
Black junkies have always been seen as criminals and have always been locked up. White junkies today are seen as victims and in need of help and assistance. As stated, you do not see raids of white suburban homes for drugs like you did back then and still see today in black neighborhoods.
Maybe because there aren't many white suburban homes dealing drugs? Could that not be the cause?

You are accusing police of targeting blacks without providing any evidence again.

Quote:
Police shot whites 40-50% of the time. White people are 60-70% of the population. Black people are 12-13% of the population and were shot 20-30% of the time. That means it is more likely that a black suspect will be shot versus white.
Almost 40% of convicts are black. By that ratio, at least 40% of suspects shot should be black not only 20-30%.

It surely looks like that police are racist against whites here!

Quote:
What ratio or percentage are you speaking about?
In proportion to the general population. For example:

1. If blacks are 12% of the population, we should expect 12% of Ivy League students to be black.
2. Almost 40% of convicts are black. By that ratio, at least 40% of suspects shot should be black.
3. If blacks are 12% of the population, we should expect 12% of inmates to be black, not 40%.

Quote:
I believe blacks would be the same in regards to education today without AA. Black students have always had a high concentration of students at HBCUs, which are mostly 90% black or more. Affirmative Action moreso helps white women. Race based college admission, except at very prestigious schools of which there is not a large black population is not a huge factor in admission. As stated, black people primarily go to public universities. Do you think black people get preferential AA treatment at Georgia State University of Wayne State University, colleges with a large percentage of black students? I don't think so.
Why do we need AA? How does AA helps white women?

Quote:
In regards to your Asian question in relation to CA, I am not from CA and have never been there (don't want to go) but black people are only 6% of the population of CA based on a quick google search and they are moving away from CA to the south, specifically places like TX and Atlanta, GA. The google search had articles that showed that Oakland has lost 25% of the its black population and that black people in Los Angeles are also moving in large numbers to the south and SE states.

I also reviewed a report about the state of higher education in CA and it stated that 40% of black high school graduates attend college the next year after in CA. Most go to community colleges and the state university system.

Of particular interest to me in that report was that CA recently established a transfer partnership with 9 HBCUs that will allow an automatic acceptance of credits of black students to 4 year colleges after completing 2 years at a community college in CA. Also of interest was that a large percentage of black students who transfer from CA community or state colleges transfer out of state, usually to the south or SE, as stated above.
40% of black high school graduates attend college or of all students attending college are black? Apples and oranges.

Without AA, if blacks are 12% of the population, we should expect 12% of Ivy League students to be black, no? If not, why not? Why can't blacks be like Asian taking 40% in Californian colleges?

I keep bringing up Californian colleges because there's no AA in Californian colleges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies