Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2016, 03:00 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times

Advertisements

As long as people keep dividing themselves at the gate with things like "the xyz channel"......"the xyz group"......"the xyz caucus", etc instead of a simple word change like "the human being channel....the human being group.....the human being caucus", it will be the same divided nonsense.

What's most ironic to me is that many who shout the loudest about "we want to be equal/treated equally!!" are often the same people that have no problem playing the dividing game by subdividing themselves into their own segregated groups based on race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 03:01 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL, then you shouldn't be mad when I speak about the historic and current truths that affect the black demographic as it relates to systematic racism in our criminal justice system and the positive gains of black Americans in education today.

Speaking of the truth is not whining
Let the truth out. Nobody is denying the discrimination and enslavement Blacks suffered in the past. Many other minorities suffered too. The hardest is Native Americans - they are almost extinct by now.

However, society has advanced from racism. I said this again and again. We have a half black person as the president, elected twice; we have black joint chief of staff, secretory of state, supreme court of justice, AG, Oscar winners .... In those areas, blacks are doing far far better than Asians!

Where's this systematic racism?

Old 03-15-2016, 03:09 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Let the truth out. Nobody is denying the discrimination and enslavement Blacks suffered in the past. Many other minorities suffered too. The hardest is Native Americans - they are almost extinct by now.

However, society has advanced from racism. I said this again and again. We have a half black person as the president, elected twice; we have black joint chief of staff, secretory of state, supreme court of justice, AG, Oscar winners .... In those areas, blacks are doing far far better than Asians!

Where's this systematic racism?
Where I already stated is the only place it is still at - the criminal justice system.

And I totally agree about the Native population. They were decimated and even today still have the worst statistics out of any other minority group in regards to health and education.

Old 03-15-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Where I already stated is the only place it is still at - the criminal justice system.

And I totally agree about the Native population. They were decimated and even today still have the worst statistics out of any other minority group in regards to health and education.
Again, you offer no proof or evidence.

It makes no sense that all other areas we are doing fine but somehow discriminate blacks in our criminal justice system?

Old 03-15-2016, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I remember Chris Rock used to ask the white men in his audience how many of them wanted to be him. Nobody ever did...even when he pointed out that he was rich.

After all is said and done, being a white male is still the best deal this society offers. As CK Louis quips, "Yes, I'll take four more years of being white, thank you."
Academy apologizes for Chris Rock's jokes about Asians
http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/15/medi...kes/index.html

The same Chris Rock, who's on Oscar because of AA and PC, complains about racial discrimination while publicly discriminating against Asians? If a white person or Asisan did the same to a black person, blacks would bbq the entire Hollywood.

What a wonderful example!

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 03-15-2016 at 05:43 PM..

Old 03-15-2016, 06:22 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
LOL whites blame their failures on people all the time, including Blacks (danggum blacks take all the jobs with their Affirmative Action, danggum blacks gets all kinds of "free stuff" so the poor white man with his reverse discrimination can't get anything, danggum blacks make a stink when the white man says n*gg** and now the white man doesn't have freedom of speech...I could go on and on).

FWIW, whites blame their failures on Latinos too (illegal immigrants also take all their jobs and their kids spots in school).

They blame Asians for them not being able to get STEM jobs (danggum H1b visa Asians).

Whites complain and blame their failures on all minorities and the "the government."
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You seen the protectionist threads lately ? Who do you think Trump is appealing to?

I never knew there were so many whiny whites before I got to this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
ALL day long. Whites complain more than any other group when they have had the most opportunity to make something of themselves.
Quote:
A bunch of crybaby white boys. They worry about someone who is practically illiterate even in their own language taking their jobs. Grow some balls, white boys.
"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." Scapegoating is still scapegoating ... Displaced anger is still ...

Old 03-15-2016, 06:32 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Based on what I see on this thread, and on other threads like this, the future of race relations doesn't look good.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:36 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Based on what I see on this thread, and on other threads like this, the future of race relations doesn't look good.
Step away from the computer and remember the anonymity of the Internet provides the last place racists can freely express their views without consequences.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:49 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Step away from the computer and remember the anonymity of the Internet provides the last place racists can freely express their views without consequences.
I got off for that night. Coming back, I see it this way. I understand that the Internet attracts alot of racists who want to spout their views without censure.

That said, this means many who are racists will hide their views, but if it came to action, they could be very dangerous persons. A bigot with political power is very dangerous.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:53 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I got off for that night. Coming back, I see it this way. I understand that the Internet attracts alot of racists who want to spout their views without censure.

That said, this means many who are racists will hide their views, but if it came to action, they could be very dangerous persons. A bigot with political power is very dangerous.
Sadly, promoters of diversity may be even more dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies