Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 08:58 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,556,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Are you two fricken kidding me? You have ZERO evidence to back up your stupid claim that gay parents will abuse their adopted children. Take your hate and shove it.

And what do you mean, "as long as they are a last resort"? Do you know what a kid wants the most? A family to love and care for him/her. They don't really give a flying rat's backside WHO IT IS, they just want to stop being moved from one foster home to another.

How about: YOU don't get a say in it. You're not the kid, you're not the one looking to adopt. It doesn't affect you, so shut your pie holes about it.
bravo!

wish I could rep this 50x
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 09:07 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,338,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
Disgusting. Those children will be abused.
I would argue that being raised in a home with hateful ignorant bigots would have a far greater negative impact than being raised in a loving home where tolerance and acceptance were valued, regardless of the genders of the parents.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:59 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Are you two fricken kidding me? You have ZERO evidence to back up your stupid claim that gay parents will abuse their adopted children. Take your hate and shove it.

And what do you mean, "as long as they are a last resort"? Do you know what a kid wants the most? A family to love and care for him/her. They don't really give a flying rat's backside WHO IT IS, they just want to stop being moved from one foster home to another.

How about: YOU don't get a say in it. You're not the kid, you're not the one looking to adopt. It doesn't affect you, so shut your pie holes about it.

Old 04-02-2016, 10:20 PM

21,154 posts, read 19,736,448 times
Quote:
Just place girls with male parents and boys with female parents.

Old 04-02-2016, 10:29 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,133,121 times
Quote:
I found this link very informative, and it seems to support your claims as it shows a much higher abuse rate among kids with gay parents. I have been reading various studies done on this subject and find them to be very discouraging for the outcomes of these kids, compared to heterosexual parents. Another study mentioned figures of around a 30% chance (much higher than normal) that the kids will turn out gay, as compared to less than 10% with hetero parents. This pretty much proves for many children, being gay is a learned behavior one chooses or is influenced into, and not always something biological that you are born with like gays would like you to believe.

Check out the link and scroll down to the "What the study found" section. Shocking.

Family Research Council

Old 04-02-2016, 10:45 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
I found this link very informative, and it seems to support your claims as it shows a much higher abuse rate among kids with gay parents. I have been reading various studies done on this subject and find them to be very discouraging for the outcomes of these kids, compared to heterosexual parents. Another study mentioned figures of around a 30% chance (much higher than normal) that the kids will turn out gay, as compared to less than 10% with hetero parents. This pretty much proves for many children, being gay is a learned behavior one chooses or is influenced into, and not always something biological that you are born with like gays would like you to believe.

Check out the link and scroll down to the "What the study found" section. Shocking.

Family Research Council
Maybe you should stop reading links and actually talk to people who are gay. It is not learned or influenced. It's how they were born

Old 04-02-2016, 10:50 PM

14,683 posts, read 14,659,278 times
FRC? Why not read a report from the KKK while I'm at it? Unless someone is an foster/adoptive parent or social worker, I don't believe they have seen what truly abusive households can do to a child, and how important ANY safe home is for an abused child.

Old 04-02-2016, 10:58 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post

Family Research Council
The Family Research Council is a hate group. Do not take them seriously. There is much better unbiased research out there.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:10 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,602,001 times
Two loving same sex parents are A HECK OF A LOT BETTER than two abusive heterosexual parents. I know a few gay parents and they are loving, supportive, and their kids turned out just fine.
And no, being gay is not a learned behavior. If it was, then why are many children of gay parents, straight? And why are some children of straight parents, gay?
The bible belongs in the fiction section of the bookstore. Enough with the homophobia. A man who died 2000 years ago, supposedly "for our sins" doesn't give a flying **** about who people choose as their life partner.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:40 PM

4,326 posts, read 1,263,223 times
We're a gay couple, and my spouse and I raise our daughter together. I don't understand why some people think LGBT people are not capable of being good parents. We give our daughter everything she needs and love her more than anything. I hate the fact that there's still homophobia in 2016!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies