Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 12:48 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Does the child ever get a question like below before the adoption takes place?

'Heather, do you want two mommies or two daddies?'

'Jamal, do you like white people?'

'Jimmy, would you mind praying on a rug five times a day?'

A host of other questions arise......

Are different race children being steered to prospective parents? Are they denied same race children?

Hey, before you cry RACIST, HOMOPHOBE, RELIGIOUS ZEALOT or attack my reason for asking.....I AM just asking......
I can answer your question. I was adopted. At 4 1/2 I was adopted, so I knew how to communicate by that age.

No one ever asked me what my preference was. The agencies will scrutinize every single potential adopter before ever placing a child there, and even after placed, there is a trial period before the adoption takes place and is finalized.

People who think adopting is easy have never actually tried to adopt. It is not easy.

I also suggest for those who have problems with gay people adopting kids to open their doors and start adopting a few kids. If you think that gay people will be a problem, and you really care about the kids, by all means, be a part of the solution.

Let us know when you've done that and how many you have "saved".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 01:32 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I have a theory that the human race has evolved such that some people are gay or lesbian, partially so that they could be parents for orphaned or abandoned young. Kids need families, and many same-sex couples long for children to call their own.
I See And Agree With Most Of Your Points. Many Animal Species Have Gay Males That Never Mate With Females But Defend The Young And The Family Group. They Also Guard The Young IF Parents Are Hunting Food And Help Raise/Teac Offspring.

Contrary To Popular Belief This Actually Benefits The Gay Critters Since Their Genetic Material Is Passed Along To next Generation.

Evidence for maternally inherited factors favouring male homosexuality and promoting female fecundity.

Human sexual orientation has a heritable component. - PubMed - NCBI

Study that looked at 409 pairs of Gay Brothers confirms Chromosome X link to Homosexuality

Prenatal endocrine influences on sexual orientation and on sexually differentiated childhood behavior

Minireview: Hormones and Human Sexual Orientation

Old 04-03-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
That makes a lot of sense. In the past orphaned kids would be taken care of by family members, like aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. That is sooo outschool. People were so anti gay back then.
This Thread Is Way Beyond Your Posts & Researching Abilities For "Proving/Backing Up" Your Posts. You Only Offer Undocumented Opinions. That's Your Purogative But Can Prove Rather Revealing!

Old 04-03-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I can answer your question. I was adopted. At 4 1/2 I was adopted, so I knew how to communicate by that age.

No one ever asked me what my preference was. The agencies will scrutinize every single potential adopter before ever placing a child there, and even after placed, there is a trial period before the adoption takes place and is finalized.

People who think adopting is easy have never actually tried to adopt. It is not easy.

I also suggest for those who have problems with gay people adopting kids to open their doors and start adopting a few kids. If you think that gay people will be a problem, and you really care about the kids, by all means, be a part of the solution.

Let us know when you've done that and how many you have "saved".

Another GREAT POST!!!!!

Old 04-03-2016, 04:19 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYqFQzI6Q_M

Old 04-03-2016, 05:24 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,051,073 times
I would not want gay parents. Think about what other kids say in school.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:05 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
I would not want gay parents. Think about what other kids say in school.
they will say something anyways- if they are black and white -fat -poor- wear glasses- that you are adopted period- and so forth-- time to be independent of the foolish out there and know you will be loved --and taken care of

Old 04-03-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
The FL ban was first instituted back in 1977 and was fueled by Anita Bryant's Dade County campaign in the nearly 40 years since then court decisions had been whittling away that ban.

Where is Anita Bryant now?
dead

Old 04-03-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
Disgusting. Those children will be abused.
you didn't say that

Old 04-03-2016, 06:44 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,971,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
I found this link very informative, and it seems to support your claims as it shows a much higher abuse rate among kids with gay parents. I have been reading various studies done on this subject and find them to be very discouraging for the outcomes of these kids, compared to heterosexual parents. Another study mentioned figures of around a 30% chance (much higher than normal) that the kids will turn out gay, as compared to less than 10% with hetero parents. This pretty much proves for many children, being gay is a learned behavior one chooses or is influenced into, and not always something biological that you are born with like gays would like you to believe.

Check out the link and scroll down to the "What the study found" section. Shocking.

Family Research Council

Southern Poverty Law Center › group › f...
The Family Research Council (FRC) bills itself as “the leading voice for the family in our nation’s halls of power,” but its real specialty is defaming gays and lesbians. ... The FRC often makes false claims about the LGBT community based on discredited research and junk science ...

These people have an agenda so.... I don't put any stock in the trash that they regurgitate in an attempt to discredit gays and lesbians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies