Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 01:31 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times

Advertisements

The cruel irony of it is we used to have enormous social pressure to force gays into marriage where they would successfully reproduce. Why do manumissions always have to turn out so tragic?...

Gay Rights Have Made Us Dumber, It's Time to Get Back in the Closet - Breitbart

It just reminds me why I have always tried to seek resistance to spur adaptation. Only heterosexual white males now enjoy the sweet spot of eugenic persecution....and just in time. White men were suffering staggering losses to metro sexual urban blight and idle privilege, dribbling in sweet fluffy coffee house swill and dribbling out while staring into space aged peep holes. Gone were the giant pollywogs of their ancestors galloping out the gates, pulling carriages of conquest's spoils behind them . That's really a shame for the rest. At least when European males held any sway the frontier and elements kept them honest. At least they had to sweat in a hot barn even when they selected the choicest cut . Now it seems we want to doom everyone but them....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 03:26 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Hey there are designer babies up for grabs...as a wealthy gay couple if they want an attractive blonde blue eyed child or in the alternative a mentally handicapped black crack baby? So do they want their adopted child to match their furniture? You understand what I am saying....most people who give up their kids have either had them taken away by some child protection agency....OR poor couples who just can not afford to keep them....or family break down due to stress because of social pressure - which is mostly economic.

I Understand Your Posts Are Obnoxious/Clueless & Somehow The Posting Betrays You Think ALL LGBT People Are Independently Wealthy.

My Furniture Is Used And/Or From Salvation Army. I Could CARE LESS What Matches What.

Your Posts Reveal A Deep Rooted Resentment Of Gay Folks And Some Seriously Flawed Stereotypes As Well!

Most Gay People Work For A Living Like "Regular" People.

That Says A Lot But I'll Hold My Tongue To Avoid Getting An Infraction!

Old 04-04-2016, 03:51 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
The only problem I have with this is that some gay couples who are professionals have a lot of disposable income...which means they can hire hot shot lawyers who can get their way in a court of law. Which leaves poor straight people at a disadvantage and makes them vulnerable when it comes to aggressive child protection agencies. Maybe some of these sweet gay couples might put some of their resources into the support of poor struggling families....Instead of adopting a child....they should adopt a whole poor family?

what? it's about having a family NOT making donations

Old 04-04-2016, 04:38 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Hey there are designer babies up for grabs...as a wealthy gay couple if they want an attractive blonde blue eyed child or in the alternative a mentally handicapped black crack baby? So do they want their adopted child to match their furniture? You understand what I am saying....most people who give up their kids have either had them taken away by some child protection agency....OR poor couples who just can not afford to keep them....or family break down due to stress because of social pressure - which is mostly economic.
That some people are allowed to post this level of bigotry is astounding. People do not adopt kids as accessories to go along with their favorite outfits, but you already knew that. No, no one understands what you're saying except that it's filled with unbelievable stereotypes, snottiness, and full on hatred of gay people.

People who can't have kids will adopt.
People who already have kids will adopt.
People who have only adopted kids, will adopt more.
People who are gay will adopted.
Gays who have adopted, will adopt more.

In all of your arrogance and insults, you fail to focus on the real issue: Kids who are up for adoption and need a stable home environment with people who care for them. Again, and I say this from personal experience, a kid up for adoption DOES NOT CARE ONE WHIT if the parents are gay or straight, they just want a damn family and real home. Your opinion of what the kid "should" feel is irrelevant. Your opinion of what the hopeful adopters "should" look like or act like is irrelevant. You're not the kid who wants a family, you're not the hopeful adopters who are looking to build a family and will HAPPILY take on kids who have been discarded, not "their own", or whatever other hang up some straight people have when it comes to kids.

Old 04-04-2016, 04:47 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:
So, how many mentally handicapped black crack babies have you adopted?

Old 04-05-2016, 09:24 AM

From National Institute Of Health.

Child Well Being Raised By Same Sex Couples>>>>>>Legal Abstract.....Amicus Brief!

Child Well-Being in Same-Sex Parent Families: Review of Research Prepared for American Sociological Association Amicus Brief

Old 04-05-2016, 02:28 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,902,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Good because there are alot of kids who need to be in good loving homes
Don't you know that it's better to have an abusive, heterosexual, single parent than two gay dads? /s

Old 04-05-2016, 03:39 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,567,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford;43589284[COLOR="Red"
]Well, I chose to post it because there have not been very many large studies done on this subject. T[/color]he Family Research Counsil website is just parroting the study done by Mark Regnerus, an associate professor of sociology at The University of Texas at Austin, making it available for free public view. It was the largest study done on this subject to date, with almost 1 million in funding. Most studies done before had a very small pool of subjects, gays adopting children are not all that common, it's difficult to find a large pool to study. Given that this is a larger study, that it was done not all that long ago in 2012, I tend to give it some weight. More studies will surely be done in the future, when there are larger numbers of gays with adopted children to study.

I would tend to think this study may have some merit, many gays tend to live in urban inner city areas where kids may have a harder time growing up. Gays are often involved in transitory relationships and new partners drift in and out of their lives (this could leave kids more vulnerable to abuse), in fact, the gay parent may often be just a single parent household for much of the child's upbringing, and single parent households are worse for kids. I'm not so sure lesbian couples would always have higher income as gay males are sometimes noted for having. The study points out many lesbians are on welfare, and it stands to reason they would have the same problems single parent women would have with lower income/poverty. Gay males with multiple partners may very well open the door for abuse of their children that would not be as common with hetero couples, whom tend to be more monogamous in relationships.

Oh, and the poster that says the other kids will give them a hard time for having gay parents, I believe this to be true and a valid reason against gays adopting kids. How is that going to play out with the kid playing sports and the 2 moms or 2 dads are cheering on the kid in the stands, trying to play it off as normal parents. The kid would have some fighting to do in the locker room, you could bet on that one. Kids are very cruel.
Everything you have posted is incorrect, proven wrong and plainly written by someone who getting their information from dubious sources.

There are over 25 countries where gay people can adopt. In my province of B.C. it's been that way since the mid 1990's. It's now been legal across all of Canada since 2011.

Even in the US gays have been adopting for years. Millions of children live in same sex households.

Surely, IF there were issues we would of heard about it from RELIABLE sources.

Do you honesty believe, that the agencies running adoption services would just sit silent if ANYTHING you have posted were true?

As for kids being cruel, yes, but kids today are taught about bullying etc. People shouldn't have to be denied rights because of bullies.

With so much of your post being utter nonsense, the part that made me laugh out loud, was the bit about kids growing up in urban centres. Really?

Last edited by Natnasci; 04-05-2016 at 04:12 PM..

Old 04-05-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Don't you know that it's better to have an abusive, heterosexual, single parent than two gay dads? /s
Very True & Valid Point!

Old 04-05-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Everything you have posted is incorrect, proven wrong and plainly written by someone who getting their information from dubious sources.

There are over 25 countries where gay people can adopt. In my province of B.C. it's been that way since the mid 1990's. It's now been legal across all of Canada since 2011.

Even in the US gays have been adopting for years. Millions of children live in same sex households.

Surely, IF there were issues we would of heard about it from RELIABLE sources.

Do you honesty believe, that the agencies running adoption services would just sit silent if ANYTHING you have posted were true?

As for kids being cruel, yes, but kids today are taught about bullying etc. People shouldn't have to be denied rights because of bullies.

With so much of your post being utter nonsense, the part that made me laugh out loud, was the bit about kids growing up in urban centres. Really?
VERY Well Said And Articulate Too!

Everyone Is Entitled To Their Own Sometimes Biased Opinions But NOT Their Own FACTS As You So Eloquently Have Pointed Out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies