Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 02:11 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,844,099 times

Advertisements

The New York Times
WASHINGTON — Saudi Arabia has told the Obama administration and members of Congress that it will sell off hundreds of billions of dollars worth of American assets held by the kingdom if Congress passes a bill that would allow the Saudi government to be held responsible in American courts for any role in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.
Saudi Arabia Warns of Economic Fallout if Congress Passes 9/11 Bill

Call your reps in Washington and tell them to not only pass this bill but to F-I-N-A-L-L-Y put Saudi Arabia on our list of terrorist nations like it should have been decades ago, and while they're at it, to start bulldozing all the freakin terrorist recruitment centers Saudi Arabia has built in our country, disguised as mosques!

Saudi Arabia is our worst enemy in the ME..... not Iran, it was Saudis who carried out the attacks on 9/11 not Iranians! It is the Saudis who finance all these mosques[terrorist recruiting centers] in free-non Islamist countries around the world, not Iran!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 02:16 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,623,706 times
The Saudis had been in thick with the Bushes. The bush family has a long history of corruption. Never did answer the question of why the Bin Laden family was flown out of here after the other flights were grounded. Yes, the Saudis aren't really our friends. Weren't the hijackers all Saudis? Let them eat their sand after they run out of oil.....

Old 04-16-2016, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
The Saudis had been in thick with the Bushes. The bush family has a long history of corruption. Never did answer the question of why the Bin Laden family was flown out of here after the other flights were grounded. Yes, the Saudis aren't really our friends. Weren't the hijackers all Saudis? Let them eat their sand after they run out of oil.....

EXACTLY!House of Bush, House of Saud: The Secret Relationship Between the World's Two Most Powerful Dynasties
House of Bush, House of Saud: The Secret Relationship Between the World's Two Most Powerful Dynasties: Craig Unger: 9780743253390: Amazon.com: Books

15 of the 19 hijackers involved in 9/11 attacks on New York, Washington and Virginia were Saudi nationals.

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 04-16-2016 at 02:42 AM..

Old 04-16-2016, 02:21 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,640,148 times
We don't have an alliance with the Saudi people -- it's with the Saudi royalty. If they were ever toppled, Saudi Arabia would turn into the world's worst terrorist state because the populist elements in that country would surely support folks like bin Laden.

Old 04-16-2016, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
We don't have an alliance with the Saudi people -- it's with the Saudi royalty. If they were ever toppled, Saudi Arabia would turn into the world's worst terrorist state because the populist elements in that country would surely support folks like bin Laden.

But it's the Royals who are financing the spread of the cancer of radical Islamist extremism around the world!

Old 04-16-2016, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
But it's the Royals who are financing the spread of the cancer of radical Islamist extremism around the world!
Our alliance with them is a deal with the devil, autumn. If you think Syria is bad, you don't want to see what Saudi Arabia without the royals would look like. They are more "moderate" and western-orientated than their subjects. Imagine Saudi Arabia, with all of that oil, being controlled by ISIS. Very likely scenario should the royal family ever be toppled. I wish we didn't have to deal with them, but we do.

Old 04-16-2016, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Our alliance with them is a deal with the devil, autumn. If you think Syria is bad, you don't want to see what Saudi Arabia without the royals would look like. They are more "moderate" and western-orientated than their subjects. Imagine Saudi Arabia, with all of that oil, being controlled by ISIS. Very likely scenario should the royal family ever be toppled. I wish we didn't have to deal with them, but we do.

I suppose we will have to agree to disagree, because I believe Saudi Arabia is one of the most repressive Arab nations on earth.

Saudi Arabia is widely accused of having one of the worst human rights records in the world. Human rights issues that have attracted strong criticism include the extremely disadvantaged position of women (see Women below), capital punishment for homosexuality,[SIZE=2][181][/SIZE] religious discrimination, the lack of religious freedom and the activities of the religious police (see Religion below).[SIZE=2][165][/SIZE] Between 1996 and 2000, Saudi Arabia acceded to four UN human rights conventions and, in 2004, the government approved the establishment of the National Society for Human Rights (NSHR), staffed by government employees, to monitor their implementation. To date, the activities of the NSHR have been limited and doubts remain over its neutrality and independence.[SIZE=2][182][/SIZE] Saudi Arabia remains one of the very few countries in the world not to accept the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights. In response to the continuing criticism of its human rights record, the Saudi government points to the special Islamic character of the country, and asserts that this justifies a different social and political order.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabia#Human_rights

Old 04-16-2016, 03:00 AM

Quote:
I suppose we will have to agree to disagree, because I believe Saudi Arabia is one of the most repressive Arab nations on earth.
Oh no, I think I agree with you to a tee. Saudi Arabia is probably THE most repressive Arab nation on Earth. One of the things the royals are repressing is ISIS-style movements. The royals are bad, but man oh man, we sure as hell don't want to have to deal with their likely successors should they ever lose power.

Old 04-16-2016, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Oh no, I think I agree with you to a tee. Saudi Arabia is probably THE most repressive Arab nation on Earth. One of the things the royals are repressing is ISIS-style movements. The royals are bad, but man oh man, we sure as hell don't want to have to deal with their likely successors should they ever lose power.

I see what you're saying but ISIS hasn't attacked the U.S. and Saudi Arabia has! ISIS is probably financed by the Saudis and is the reason WHY they haven't overthrown the Kingdom!

Old 04-16-2016, 04:21 AM

Quote:
I see what you're saying but ISIS hasn't attacked the U.S. and Saudi Arabia has! ISIS is probably financed by the Saudis and is the reason WHY they haven't overthrown the Kingdom!
"Saudi Arabia" -- aka the Saudi royalty -- didn't attack the U.S. Saudi citizen bin Laden did. Bin Laden was expelled from Saudi Arabia years before that attack because the royals correctly assessed him as a threat to their regime. If the royals weren't ruling Saudi Arabia, guys like bin Laden would be.

Also, the Saudi royals are not financing ISIS. ISIS poses an existential threat to them. They're partnering with us to thwart them. The Saudi royals are unsavory .. I don't like that we have to deal with them, but they are our best option by a long shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies