Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 12:30 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
The New York Times
WASHINGTON — Saudi Arabia has told the Obama administration and members of Congress that it will sell off hundreds of billions of dollars worth of American assets held by the kingdom if Congress passes a bill that would allow the Saudi government to be held responsible in American courts for any role in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.
Saudi Arabia Warns of Economic Fallout if Congress Passes 9/11 Bill

Call your reps in Washington and tell them to not only pass this bill but to F-I-N-A-L-L-Y put Saudi Arabia on our list of terrorist nations like it should have been decades ago, and while they're at it, to start bulldozing all the freakin terrorist recruitment centers Saudi Arabia has built in our country, disguised as mosques!

Saudi Arabia is our worst enemy in the ME..... not Iran, it was Saudis who carried out the attacks on 9/11 not Iranians! It is the Saudis who finance all these mosques[terrorist recruiting centers] in free-non Islamist countries around the world, not Iran!
I am not even slightly concerned about what the Saudis do with their money, or what impact that would have on the US economy.

That said I don't really understand the purpose of this bill. Suing an allied government in your domestic court system seems pretty strange. If Congress has evidence that Saudi Arabia is responsible for 9/11, this is a really strange way of acting on that evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 12:58 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,850,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Yet if we believe the right-wing analysis, the Iraqis had the cleverness to develop an entire network of secret WMD facilities, produce colossal stockpiles, and then dismantle and move the entire thing right under the West's nose, leaving no trail behind. Curse those pesky Arabs - clever and stupid at the same time.

Haha like their cardboard missle launchers?

Old 04-16-2016, 05:55 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
If there is one country I would support bombing it's that one.

Old 04-16-2016, 06:11 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,850,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post

Old 04-16-2016, 06:16 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
We're addicted. The Saudis sit on top of a lot of sweet crude and they spend billions on US military hardware. Any politician trying to take on the US oil industry and the US arms industry will meet with impassable roadblocks if he's lucky, with an accident if he's not.
In other words, our government is more dysfunctional than the Saudi government?

Old 04-16-2016, 09:11 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,835,116 times
I wouldn't expect different, but I just want to confirm Hillary supporters see absolutely no issue with the Saudi kingdom 'donating' tens of millions of dollars to the clintons and Hillary and her aides literally celebrating when Boeing (who also donated to clintons) made record arms sales to the Saudis. Jake Sullivan actually emailed the chief 'Christmas came early.'

Old 04-18-2016, 12:36 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,595,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
We don't have to bomb them at all.
The House of Saud maintains its grip over Arabia via
the direct support of the Anglo-Zionist countries,
without this direct support they would fail internally.

Old 04-18-2016, 12:57 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
It's more than just the economic downside. If this bill is passed our people in foreign countries could be subjected to similarly defined as terrorists and their courts may not be quite as fair. I don't see this bill passing for very good reasons.

I still think that they should release the entire transcript of the 9/11 report, the American people need to know. Saudi Arabia can retaliate economically but they will also be hurting themselves.

Quote:
In a closed-door briefing on Capitol Hill on March 4, Anne W. Patterson, an assistant secretary of state, and Andrew Exum, a top Pentagon official on Middle East policy, told staff members of the Senate Armed Services Committee that American troops and civilians could be in legal jeopardy if other nations decide to retaliate and strip Americans of immunity abroad. They also discussed the Saudi threats specifically, laying out the impacts if Saudi Arabia made good on its economic threats.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/16/wo...9-11-bill.html

Old 04-18-2016, 01:16 PM

1,229 posts, read 859,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
The New York Times
WASHINGTON — Saudi Arabia has told the Obama administration and members of Congress that it will sell off hundreds of billions of dollars worth of American assets held by the kingdom if Congress passes a bill that would allow the Saudi government to be held responsible in American courts for any role in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.
Saudi Arabia Warns of Economic Fallout if Congress Passes 9/11 Bill

Call your reps in Washington and tell them to not only pass this bill but to F-I-N-A-L-L-Y put Saudi Arabia on our list of terrorist nations like it should have been decades ago, and while they're at it, to start bulldozing all the freakin terrorist recruitment centers Saudi Arabia has built in our country, disguised as mosques!

Saudi Arabia is our worst enemy in the ME..... not Iran, it was Saudis who carried out the attacks on 9/11 not Iranians! It is the Saudis who finance all these mosques[terrorist recruiting centers] in free-non Islamist countries around the world, not Iran!
What a triumph--and farce---it would be if the 9-11 victims were somehow allowed to litigate the house of saud, prevail, reap some kind of enforceable order and collect in some way, all when rogue elements--possibly aligned with saud--- from within our own government actually planned and carried out those attacks.

Old 04-18-2016, 01:17 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,418,277 times
Obama will be visiting Saudi Arabia this week. Bet the farm that 1) this issue will be discussed 2) Obama will appease the Saudis by keeping secret any truly damaging information against royal family and 3) some inconsequential information will be released but not any that will implicate the royal family 4) in exchange for keeping the most damaging information secret Obama will get something in return-what that "something" will be, I have no idea but it will benefit Obama, one way or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies