Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 01:55 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,558,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
If there is one country I would support bombing it's that one.
I'm onboard as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 01:55 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
The Saudi's can eat sand ... bet we feed them as we feed the rest of the world ... let them eat oil ... recent history these people had legal slavery and some in the Royal family had dealings with Bin Laden.Screw them!

Old 04-18-2016, 02:00 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
Obama will be visiting Saudi Arabia this week. Bet the farm that 1) this issue will be discussed 2) Obama will appease the Saudis by keeping secret any truly damaging information against royal family and 3) some inconsequential information will be released but not any that will implicate the royal family 4) in exchange for keeping the most damaging information secret Obama will get something in return-what that "something" will be, I have no idea but it will benefit Obama, one way or another.

No curiosity about what GWB got in return for sitting on it?

Old 04-18-2016, 02:15 PM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No curiosity about what GWB got in return for sitting on it?
Or any previous president all the way back to and including Nixon.

Old 04-18-2016, 05:38 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
The New York Times
WASHINGTON — Saudi Arabia has told the Obama administration and members of Congress that it will sell off hundreds of billions of dollars worth of American assets held by the kingdom if Congress passes a bill that would allow the Saudi government to be held responsible in American courts for any role in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.
Saudi Arabia Warns of Economic Fallout if Congress Passes 9/11 Bill

Call your reps in Washington and tell them to not only pass this bill but to F-I-N-A-L-L-Y put Saudi Arabia on our list of terrorist nations like it should have been decades ago, and while they're at it, to start bulldozing all the freakin terrorist recruitment centers Saudi Arabia has built in our country, disguised as mosques!

Saudi Arabia is our worst enemy in the ME..... not Iran, it was Saudis who carried out the attacks on 9/11 not Iranians! It is the Saudis who finance all these mosques[terrorist recruiting centers] in free-non Islamist countries around the world, not Iran!
Right another 9.11 from our friends

Old 04-18-2016, 08:14 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
the US should build an under ground tunnel from Israel to the Ghawar oil field in Saudi Arabia and SUCK IT DRY!!!

Old 04-18-2016, 09:05 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
We are going to have to let them go sooner or later. The Saudis want complete hegemony over the ME. They wanted to get rid of Saddam and Bush/Cheney complied. Next, they want to get rid of the Shiites. So, the GOP is developing the narrative against the Iranian boogeyman.

Let the Saudis sell the T-bills. Let them throw a fit. We will recover. We always have. We are Americans; we aren't Bedouins.

Where are they going to go? Who is going to defend them after they sell the T-bills? Not us, we won't have the money to defend them. What are they going to do- work for a living? Yeah, right. If there is a political vacuum in Saudi Arabia, what's going to happen? Same thing that always happens: they will kill each other.

They're getting too uppity. Who wants to live under a Bedouin shoe? Isn't there any pride left in this country?

Pass the bill and release the darn 28 pages that the Bushes want to keep under wraps.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:34 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
The New York Times
WASHINGTON — Saudi Arabia has told the Obama administration and members of Congress that it will sell off hundreds of billions of dollars worth of American assets held by the kingdom if Congress passes a bill that would allow the Saudi government to be held responsible in American courts for any role in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.
Saudi Arabia Warns of Economic Fallout if Congress Passes 9/11 Bill

Call your reps in Washington and tell them to not only pass this bill but to F-I-N-A-L-L-Y put Saudi Arabia on our list of terrorist nations like it should have been decades ago, and while they're at it, to start bulldozing all the freakin terrorist recruitment centers Saudi Arabia has built in our country, disguised as mosques!

Saudi Arabia is our worst enemy in the ME..... not Iran, it was Saudis who carried out the attacks on 9/11 not Iranians! It is the Saudis who finance all these mosques[terrorist recruiting centers] in free-non Islamist countries around the world, not Iran!

How many jobs in Texas are you willing to sacrifice because the Saudis could rip Texas a new ******* since SABIC is a major presence now in the Gulf Coast refining and chemical industries (SABIC Saudi Arabian Basic Industries Co.) ?

Old 04-18-2016, 10:46 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I fell for this too.

Michael Moore on the Daily Show and Comedy Central was the source.

The 9/11 Commission Report covers this allegation and for what it's worth concluded...
You fell for the okie doke.

Old 04-19-2016, 06:05 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,090,473 times
Obama says U.S. intelligence official reviewing classified Sept. 11 paper for possible release

Quote:
President Barack Obama says the top-ranking U.S. intelligence official is reviewing classified material in a Sept. 11 report that families of attack victims and some lawmakers are demanding be made public.

Several members of the House and Senate, including House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, have joined 9/11 families in pressuring for declassification of 28 pages that are part of government documents compiled on the 9/11 attack amid speculation of a possible role by Saudi Arabia. Nearly 3,000 people were killed in the attack.

In an interview with CBS's Charlie Rose, Obama was asked if had read the 28 pages. "I have a sense of what's in there," he replied.

Obama also revealed that James Clapper, director of National Intelligence, "has been going through this" to ensure that whatever is made public does not damage U.S. national security interests.

"My understanding is that he's about to complete that process," the president said.

Former U.S. Sen. Robert Graham, who helped write the report that includes the 28 redacted pages, recently told CBS's "60 Minutes" the secret material could reveal possible Saudi backing for the men who hijacked airplanes, flying two into the World Trade Center in New York and another into the Pentagon. A third hijacked plane crashed on Sept. 11, 2001, in western Pennsylvania.

Graham, a Democrat, declined to cite any details on the portion of the report that remains classified.

Obama also voiced concerns about a legislative move to allow victim families to bring lawsuits against other countries believed to have provided support for attacks.

"This is a matter of how generally the United States approaches our interactions with other countries," he said. "If we open up the possibility that individuals and the United States can routinely start suing other governments, then we are also opening up the United States to being continually sued by individuals in other countries."

Material from the interview was to be broadcast on "CBS This Morning" and PBS, as well as "CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies