Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2016, 10:20 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,612,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I bathed with my brother and saw my dad urinate from as early as I can remember and I would guess that most kids at some point have seen their sibliings or their parents genitalia. So, yeah I would be surprised if a high school kid passed out from shock at the sight of a penis.
Seriously? You think because something is done in your own personal family that it should apply to the public at large? So because you bathed with your brother does that mean the neighbor's daughter should too? And she should also see your dad urinate? BTW I also have a father and brother and never saw their genitals so no, you can't say the majority of families work this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 10:24 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Meanwhile most of Americans believe in basic modesty between the sexes, especially for minor children. Otherwise, why would we even have indecent exposure laws? While this may have been your norm, it is not the norm for most of society even to the extent it is codified in one way or another in every single state.
Indecent exposure is the deliberate exposure in public or in view of the general public by a person of a portion or portions of his or her body, in circumstances where the exposure is contrary to local moral or other standards of appropriate behavior.

I've never thought of family members seeing each other naked as 'indecent exposure'

Old 05-13-2016, 10:46 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
Indecent exposure is the deliberate exposure in public or in view of the general public by a person of a portion or portions of his or her body, in circumstances where the exposure is contrary to local moral or other standards of appropriate behavior.

I've never thought of family members seeing each other naked as 'indecent exposure'
Take some time to read the laws themselves. Might actually surprise you or even anger you? Either way, this new policy stills puts schools in an impossible situation. Ignore the policy and lose federal funding or be complicit in breaking local or state law. As I said before, poorly thought out policy which was an obvious knee jerk reaction to the NC bill.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:59 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
As I understand it, not all schools have to allow this. Only those that receive federal Title 9 funds. So, public schools. Not (as far as I know) private schools. Such as the one Obama's children go to. The one that also doesn't follow Ms. Obama's culinary dictates. One set of rules for the Obamas, one set for the peasants.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:17 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Take some time to read the laws themselves. Might actually surprise you or even anger you? Either way, this new policy stills puts schools in an impossible situation. Ignore the policy and lose federal funding or be complicit in breaking local or state law. As I said before, poorly thought out policy which was an obvious knee jerk reaction to the NC bill.
I read the law, but the number of trans kids is so small that it is not going to create a big problem for schools. Kids know who the trans kids are, it's not a secret. I can guarantee you that if there was going to be a bunch of kids flaunting their genitals in the wrong shower room that would have happened by now. My gut feeling is that the kids involved won't even shower naked, and would probably prefer not to shower in the presence of other kids.

I thought the Fort Worth Policy was very well thought out and protected everyone involved but apparently it wasn't good enough for Dan Patrick who is calling for the Superintendent's resignation. At the end of that article there is a list of a number of other Texas School District's that have policies in place, I guess Patrick will fire those school boards /superintendent's too.

Old 05-14-2016, 12:08 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
I don't like this. All it does is penalize the schoolchildren

Old 05-14-2016, 12:11 AM

617 posts, read 349,378 times
F obama. What an absolute piece of excrement this guy is. I hope he has a short life left.

Old 05-14-2016, 04:28 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Why don't you tell me what you are so damn worried about? This is what the advisory says: "A school may not require transgender students to use facilities inconsistent with their gender identity" That does not mean a hetero 16 year old boy can put on a wig and go in the girls shower room, if they did they would be disciplined and removed.
Based on what? A wig isn't even needed. All that's necessary is that one "self-identifies" as transgender.

Old 05-14-2016, 04:49 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I don't like this. All it does is penalize the schoolchildren
You think that even in the Bigot run States, schoolchildren give a crap who craps in the next stall?

Old 05-14-2016, 05:00 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You think that even in the Bigot run States, schoolchildren give a crap who craps in the next stall?
Is IL a bigot state? It's a BLUE state. IL parents are suing the school district AND the Obama Admin who forced their minor daughters to unwillingly submit to FELONY indecent exposure (the "self-identified" MTF trans exposed his penis in school's multiple occupancy girls' restroom/locker/shower rooms).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies