Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2016, 08:51 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Does a woman who is suffering the discomfort of a period really want to be changing her tampon in a stall right next to a trans who is peeing through a penis? I can imagine the transgender sparking up a conversation with the woman in the next stall - attempting to relate to having a period..I really think the conversation will be quite superficial and irritating to the woman. eg; "Poor girl...that time of the month hugh?" I am sure the woman would want the transgender to shut up or leave her in peace.
WTF? do you go into public restrooms and start conversations with the stranger in the stall next to you? THAT is just bizarre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 08:55 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I really have nothing against transgendered or LGBT people. But you'd be hard pressed to convince me how asking people with a penis to use the men's room and people with a vagina to use the ladies room is denying anyone their rights.
Trans kids (and from what I read they are about 3% of the school population) dress like, wear their hair like, and act like the sex they identify with, the only thing differentiating them would be the appearance of their genitalia. If they go into the restroom that matches their genitalia they are very likely to be bullied or in some cases assaulted.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:55 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,311,760 times
Why is it that when a white woman insisted that she felt that she was a black person, people labeled her as crazy because it was the obvious and objective truth that she was biologically caucasian, but when a male says that he feels that he is a female or vice versa, even though it is still the obvious and objective truth that that is not the case, they are celebrated and their rights surpass those of the other 99.6% or whatever of people who accept what they are? Isn't that the basic question here?

If someone is born with male organs and sex charactertistics, he is a male. For life. Those things cannot ever be changed, it is in his DNA. Likewise with someone who is born female being a female based on her DNA. You can hack off a penis, but he will still have internal male sex organs and hormones because he is a male.

The Left is always so hot to use science as a basis for disproving anything related to God or the Bible, yet in the case of transgenders, science is completely dismissed. Why is that? Can someone please explain?

If one argues that transgender is in the mind, not the body, then I argue that I can open a law practice, even if I am an RN, if I decide in my mind that I am a lawyer. Who can dispute it? Isn't it my reality, and therefore to be respected and treated as the truth? What if I say that my dog is a cat? Then she is a cat, because in my mind she is a cat, even though she has dog parts and DNA, right?

What kind of a society are we living in these days, when even the President of the United States and his cronies accept this craziness?

Old 05-14-2016, 08:56 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You made this claim, don't try to change the subject - prove it or admit you were wrong.
Here you go:
Quote:
The U.S. Department of Education said Monday that a suburban Chicago school district is violating the rights of a transgender student by refusing to allow her the use of a girls' locker room. Education Department officials and lawyers for the student say the decision was the first of its kind on the issue.

The student, with the assistance of the American Civil Liberties Union, filed a federal complaint against Illinois' Palatine Township School District 211, asking for unrestricted access to the locker room. The district had proposed a compromise that would allow access but require the student to change and shower in a separate area.

"All students deserve the opportunity to participate equally in school programs and activities -- this is a basic civil right," Education Department Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights Catherine Lhamon said in a statement. "Unfortunately, Township High School District 211 is not following the law because the district continues to deny a female student the right to use the girls' locker room."
School district violated transgender student's rights, U.S. officials say - CBS News

Both the trans student and the Obama Admin REJECTED the school district's solution of providing the trans student a separate area for changing and showering. Obama's Admin demanded that the MTF trans student with a penis be given full access to and use of girls' multiple occupancy restrooms/locker/shower rooms.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:58 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,404 times
Quote:
WTF? do you go into public restrooms and start conversations with the stranger in the stall next to you? THAT is just bizarre.
OKay how about the bathroom in a bar where the patrons are smoked up and drunk?

Old 05-14-2016, 09:02 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Possibly this is really all he is capable of doing. After all, fighting ISIS takes way to much time away from his Hollywood and Wall Street buddies.

Seems like an awfully odd thing to go down in History for...........President Obama's only legacy, bathroom duty, giving Iran and Russia the nuclear capabilities, letting China rule the seas.........

Old 05-14-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Here you go:
School district violated transgender student's rights, U.S. officials say - CBS News

Both the trans student and the Obama Admin REJECTED the school district's solution of providing the trans student a separate area for changing and showering. Obama's Admin demanded that the MTF trans student with a penis be given full access to and use of girls' multiple occupancy restrooms/locker/shower rooms.
It would be a shock to a young girl to go into a shower and have to look at a person undergoing hormone therapy who is growing boobs and has a penis....I would say it would be rather disturbing and confusing to say the least.

why is it that the state now wants to dictate on privacy issues? They like to bring up privacy concerns when it comes to hiding political criminality...BUT they expect young people and parents to forfeit their privacy when it comes to their bodies?

Old 05-14-2016, 09:07 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
.......under threat of loss of Federal funding.

Get the Feds out of our schools I say.
What a weird place you are in. The feds should stay out of schools, but how dare they threaten to cut funding? You aren't seriously missing why that's funny, are you?

Old 05-14-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Trans kids (and from what I read they are about 3% of the school population) dress like, wear their hair like, and act like the sex they identify with, the only thing differentiating them would be the appearance of their genitalia. If they go into the restroom that matches their genitalia they are very likely to be bullied or in some cases assaulted.
Why would they be assaulted? I was under the impression that the school system in the last ten years has programmed all the kids into a state of tolerance and acceptance? Perhaps they have failed? NOW if they are bullied or assaulted...then they need their own private space...install a safe washroom just for the trans kids...seeing there are not a lot of them it would not have to be big and expensive....as for the 3% figure...I doubt this is accurate and sounds like a stretch.

That is saying that if there are a hundred kids lined up you are going have three of them that are female who believe they are male....or male who think they are girls.

You might line up a hundred kids and none of them are transgender....so what do we do in that case...?

Old 05-14-2016, 09:11 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
I have a sad dose of reality for you.

Kids that fit that description are going to be bullied no matter where they pee.

Do I think that's right? Of course not.

But people need to understand that the choices they make in life are never going to be free from consequences and your rights don't negate everyone else's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies