Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2016, 03:29 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
No. That's not my next. Speak for yourself.
OK, I will. Unlike you I have NO desire to discourage religious head coverings of any type. If someone wants to wear a Hijab or a babushka or a bonnet or a colander that's their business....not mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 04:03 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
OK, I will. Unlike you I have NO desire to discourage religious head coverings of any type. If someone wants to wear a Hijab or a babushka or a bonnet or a colander that's their business....not mine.
I agree, but if I have to remove my headwear at the TSA security checkpoint, so does everyone else. No exceptions.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:32 PM

31,081 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
How much of the Koran have you read? How much of the Bible?
Enough to know that Mohammad was an Evil man, much worse than David Karesh or Jim Jones. I know enough to know that there are 100s of Islamist terrorist groups that are at war on every continent on earth {other than Antarctica} with every other group including their own . See all those Christian terrorist groups for comparison.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rrorist_groups

Muslims are encouraged to live in the way of Muhammad, who was a slave owner and trader. He captured slaves in battle; he had sex with his slaves; and he instructed his men to do the same. The Quran actually devotes more verses to making sure that Muslim men know they can keep women as sex slaves (4) than it does to telling them to pray five times a day (zero).

"Quran (33:50) - "O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those (slaves) whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee" This is one of several personal-sounding verses "from Allah" narrated by Muhammad - in this case allowing a virtually unlimited supply of sex partners. Other Muslims are restricted to four wives, but they may also have sex with any number of slaves, following the example of their prophet."

See the following on more on how to rape and enslave
Quran (23:5-6)
Quran (4:24)
Quran (8:69)
Quran (24:32)
Quran (2:178)
Quran (16:75)

Islam and Slavery

Old 05-16-2016, 10:46 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,506,126 times
I ripped a Cleveland Cavaliers jersey off my brother the other day.

Go Thunder!

Old 05-16-2016, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
You are correct, they do not all interpret the Koran the same. There are over 2 billion Muslims in the world. If they all interpret the Koran to demand they "murder or subjugation of all who do not 'submit'" as another claimed then we are left with 2 choices: either only a small percent actually interprets the Koran this way or they are really really bad shots. Because again if their religion insists on this course of action the rest of us would all be dead by now. Instead we have only a small percent of all Muslims acting this way but some of you want to insist they are all taught to behave this way and that is simply not true.

"they do not all interpret the Koran the same."
It's no wonder, considering there are so many different Sects that its a wonder they even call each other the same religion.

Then there's the ones that add on evil customs that Mohammad didn't even envision, like Female Genital Mutilation which is common in over 90% of Egyptian Muslims, and over 90% of those famously moderate Indonesian and Malaysian Islamist. For the Apologist who like to say it's common in other African tribes: It is, but it took Islam to bring the wonderful practice to southeast Asia. What a wonderful present to the Indonesians from the Middle East.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preval...ntry#Indonesia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bObvzSHRKT8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmTBQhGlb6s

Last edited by LS Jaun; 05-16-2016 at 11:15 PM..

Old 05-16-2016, 11:07 PM

1,504 posts, read 852,029 times
Just plain dumb - I was down in the states last year - I was getting coffee and the decanters were labeled...Brazilian - Arabic coffee etc. You know what I mean...This typical red neck American comes into the place and blurts out...."don't you have any American coffee? Meanwhile coffee does not grow in America.

The hijab is not a big deal...it can be fashionable and very feminine - The burka is another matter...It is quite sinister. We in the west imagine that the full burka is some tent used to suppress woman...I do not believe that is the case. I was in a mall parking lot. A large woman in a full black burka was leading a pack of men. She was barking out commands on a cell phone...then she turned and started to harshly instruct the males on what to do.....she was not oppressed - she was the oppressor.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:08 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Im curious. How is covering your face a safety issue?
Good disguise for criminals whilst committing their crimes or when on the run.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:11 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Wearing a diguise such as a wig, glasses can hide identity/sex as well with the added benefit of not drawing attention to oneself if one was up to no good.

As far as asking whether a veil is commonplace in America, it's a strange question for an American to ask a Canadian.
Face recognition software wouldn't be fooled by a wig or glasses, or even mainstream plastic surgery. It detects the aggregate of all the most minute planes and dimensions of your facial structure.

A burqa is a physical barrier entirely.

For this reason, I'm fine with hijabs, but definitely not burqas.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:12 PM

1,504 posts, read 852,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"they do not all interpret the Koran the same."
It's no wonder, considering there are so many different Sects that its a wonder they even call each other the same religion.

Then there's the ones that add on evil customs that Mohammad didn't even envision, like Female Genital Mutilation which is common in over 90% of Egyptian Muslims, and over 90% of those famously moderate Indonesian and Malaysian Islamist. For the Apologist who like to say it's common in other African tribes: It is, but it took Islam to bring the wonderful practice to the heathens of southeast Asia. What a wonderful present to the Indonesians from the Middle East.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preval...ntry#Indonesia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bObvzSHRKT8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmTBQhGlb6s
Cutting off the clitoris is no different than cutting of the penis of a man....Some nut bar so called Islamic liars think that by removing what is the female penis will curb promiscuity in females...by removing any pleasure they might get from sex. If they want to mutilate females ....let them do the males also...jerks.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Cutting off the clitoris is no different than cutting of the penis of a man....Some nut bar so called Islamic liars think that by removing what is the female penis will curb promiscuity in females...by removing any pleasure they might get from sex. If they want to mutilate females ....let them do the males also...jerks.
How/why "some" Muslims took this cultural practice from Africa and spread it around the globe is beyond me I'm just glad my Ancestors took the Christmas Tree from another culture and not Genital Mutilation. Thank god for America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies