Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 10:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

Your religion, is what you believe. Nothing else.... It is call faith, for a reason.

Now think about that statement... Then let's break it down why everyone, even those that call themselves Atheists, have a individual belief.

Government has no business telling us what we should believe and not believe. Our own minds will come to their own conclusions on the evidence presented to it.

If people want to try and argue their point to convince others their belief is right and someone else's is wrong, government has been told they cannot step in to have a say one way or the other or to shut the message of either down.

Only when it gets violent, can government get involved and prosecute those that committed the act of violence. Today government silences it, so there is no chance of violence(prevention) When it is a clear violation of the 1st Amendment. The Bill of Rights has been rewritten by the politically appointed ruling class supreme court. Not what the text of the amendments says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 10:52 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,613,721 times
Wearing a hijab in public should not be illegal, but it should be regarded in the same light as flying the Confederate flag in public or wearing Confederate themed clothing. Both the Stars and Bars and the hijab are symbols of hate and anti-Americanism and will not be appreciated by many, and both will attract undesired attention that could be violent.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:01 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,926 times
I personally don't care for the religion of Islam at all but that's still not cool.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:46 AM

35,081 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I personally don't care for the religion of Islam at all but that's still not cool.
I do't see what's cool about subsidizing people who insist on not fitting in to Western culture. Would someone consider it rude to ask such a woman the following questions:
  1. Did someone tell you to wear the hijab?
  2. Did someone force you to wear the hijab?
  3. Does your husband work?
  4. Do you work?
  5. Do you collect welfare?

Old 05-17-2016, 11:58 AM

16,282 posts, read 10,424,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Naw, just half. You would have to agree that only the ones included on a dangerous list would be the ones that create Islamic Republics, or countries that are controlled my Islamic Clerics, or the ones that wish to employ Sharia Law in our country, or the ones that the majority employ Female Genital Mutilation?

Or, how about the ones that believe Suicide bombings are justified
. Definitely should be on the watch list, right??
Pew: Muslims in the US "7% say suicide bombings are sometimes justified and 1% say they are often justified in these circumstances."

Muslims and Islam: Key findings in the U.S. and around the world | Pew Research Center
So by your own figures 93% of all Muslims in the US do not supoort the radicals. Um....that's kind of what I've been saying all along. You guys want to paint them all with a broad brush when, as I have been explaining, the radicals and those who support them here REPRESENT A SMALL MINORITY OF ALL MUSLIMS HERE. This clown pulls of a woman's Hijab when there was only a 7 in 100 chance that she has even a marginal feeling that the suicide bombings can be justified.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:07 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
the wrong here is -his invading her personal space - no different than knocking a hat off or ripping off her blouse- or touching ANYTHING that touches your body- he would have had a pair of fingers in both eyes- if he didn't like my garb!! - Ignorant man - hope he got assault charges in a hate crime

Old 05-17-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
For some reason people hate me for being fair and logical.

Everyone wants to believe this was some christian religious nut that did this.
Like you, he was not a godly man.... He was an Atheist American, like yourself.

He used all the evidence presented to his mind, to come to the conclusion that head wear was no different than a white hood associated with a lynching.

You have to wonder what the reaction would be, had the head covering, been a KKK hood? Pretty sure someone would have yanked that right off! What you say?
Here's the rub. First off I clearly said it is NOT OK to physically attack someone based on their beliefs be them KKK, PETA or the Lefthanded Vegetarian Party. But the problem with your analogy is there is no interpretation regarding the views held by the guy in the white hood. As we have seen in the numbers I just responded to a Hijab may mean they support violent actions against us but there is only a 7% chance of that

Old 05-17-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Here's the rub. First off I clearly said it is NOT OK to physically attack someone based on their beliefs be them KKK, PETA or the Lefthanded Vegetarian Party. But the problem with your analogy is there is no interpretation regarding the views held by the guy in the white hood. As we have seen in the numbers I just responded to a Hijab may mean they support violent actions against us but there is only a 7% chance of that
Didn't ask all that, to dodge the question of:
One has to wonder what the reaction would be, had the head covering, been a KKK hood?
Pretty sure someone would have yanked that right off!

No interpretation...
The evidence presented to me, has myself coming to the conclusion:
Both are religions(beliefs) in hate and intolerance

Humans have a funny instinct for self preservation, based upon the evidence their minds take in.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Didn't ask all that, to dodge the question of:
You have to wonder what the reaction would be, had the head covering, been a KKK hood?
Pretty sure someone would have yanked that right off!

No interpretation...
The evidence presented to me, has myself coming to the conclusion:
Both are religions(beliefs) in hate and intolerance
Then why do only 7% of Muslims in America justify attacks? Why do Muslim Americans not murder and perform mutilation at the rate they do in Niger if their religion requires it as you claim?

Look I understand these terrible things happen in Muslim countries around the world. But that's not the story. The opening post was describing a Muslim in America being attacked by an American so I have limited my posts to just that, the treatment of Muslims in America by Americans.

What I've been trying to get you to understand is even those these dated teachings are still being followed by Muslims in other countries that does not mean the majority of Muslims here believe in them. In fact the stats show it's a very small percent. Yet people want to paint them all with a broad brush, as if the Muslim shopkeeper in Albany's beliefs are no different than the radical in Africa and that is simply not true.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Then why do only 7% of Muslims in America justify attacks? Why do Muslim Americans not murder and perform mutilation at the rate they do in Niger if their religion requires it as you claim?

Look I understand these terrible things happen in Muslim countries around the world. But that's not the story. The opening post was describing a Muslim in America being attacked by an American so I have limited my posts to just that, the treatment of Muslims in America by Americans.

What I've been trying to get you to understand is even those these dated teachings are still being followed by Muslims in other countries that does not mean the majority of Muslims here believe in them. In fact the stats show it's a very small percent. Yet people want to paint them all with a broad brush, as if the Muslim shopkeeper in Albany's beliefs are no different than the radical in Africa and that is simply not true.

Again... I did not ask that. But great explanation of your beliefs. We no longer have to wonder what the teaching in Islam is.... Like we do not have to wonder what the teaching of the KKK is.

You have to wonder what the reaction would be, had the head covering, been a KKK hood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies