Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 12:01 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,992,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I wonder if this hero would rip a yalmurka off a male professional athlete? I kind of doubt it.

Israeli Olympic teams have weight lifters, boxers, wrestler and compete in things like Modern Pentathlon.
Many of their teams have IDF personnel (commandos) or personnel who are part of Mossad, or the Reserves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 12:09 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,992,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
The guy is right. This is America. We have the freedom to wear whatever we want. The hijab doesn't bother me. It's no different than a Texan wearing a cowboy hat.

However, I do have a problem with burkas because they completely cover someone's face. It should be illegal to completely cover your face in certain places. Covering your face is a safety issue.

Would you have an issue with a member of the KKK wearing his traditional attire which is also meant to conceal ones identity.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:15 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
He did plea guilty when this was taken to court, so there's a chance he knows he did something wrong.
People plead guilty when their lawyers tell them it's advantageous to their situations.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:23 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Ah, is that it, guess you don't know much about any other religion then.
You're guessing wrong.

Quote:
But it is easier for you to believe what is being spoon fed to you about Muslims, I get that, we all like it when things are easy.
Nothing spoon fed. I read history. You obviously do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I think it can be safely assumed that you're for banning Muslim immigrants. What exactly would you do about the natural born American citizens who are Muslim as well?
Keep an eye on them, and make sure we don't admit any more Muslims to this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Guess they dont interpret the Koran as the founder intended then, considering he was self admitted Murdering pediphile, who created a religian of subjugation and Skavery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
You are correct, they do not all interpret the Koran the same. There are over 2 billion Muslims in the world. If they all interpret the Koran to demand they "murder or subjugation of all who do not 'submit'" as another claimed then we are left with 2 choices: either only a small percent actually interprets the Koran this way or they are really really bad shots. Because again if their religion insists on this course of action the rest of us would all be dead by now.
Muslims spent 1,000 years trying to subjugate Europe and failed. They're just not very good fighters.

Quote:
Instead we have only a small percent of all Muslims acting this way but some of you want to insist they are all taught to behave this way and that is simply not true.
Pew polls show that large percentages of Muslims support killing or subjugating non-Muslims, even though most don't do it themselves.

In countries ruled by Muslims -- Saudi Arabia and Iran -- human rights violations are routine.

Quote:
I avoided it because it didn't apply. Of course I would chose the 2nd option. The problem here it has nothing to do with what we are talking about. You want to imply Muslims are all hate and your religion is nothing but wonderful ideology. Again I reference child rape in your fantasy land of western religion and I will now bring up a Muslim I have worked with for 30 years who hasn't hurt anyone or demonstrated the hate you describe.

The point remains blanket statements about any members of a particular religion, any religion, is WRONG.
Catholic priests molesting boys is not anything the Christian religion approves of. But Muslim cultures (e.g., Afghanistan) are fine with boy rape and molesting/mistreating girls and women.

As for the Bible being oppressive and violent, that is all in the Jewish Old Testament, not the Christian New Testament.

The Christian Church lost its power hundreds of years ago and had to adapt to secular society and religious pluralism.

That is not true in Islamic countries.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:52 AM

16,282 posts, read 10,421,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
You're guessing wrong.

Nothing spoon fed. I read history. You obviously do not.

Keep an eye on them, and make sure we don't admit any more Muslims to this country.

Muslims spent 1,000 years trying to subjugate Europe and failed. They're just not very good fighters.

Pew polls show that large percentages of Muslims support killing or subjugating non-Muslims, even though most don't do it themselves.

In countries ruled by Muslims -- Saudi Arabia and Iran -- human rights violations are routine.

Catholic priests molesting boys is not anything the Christian religion approves of. But Muslim cultures (e.g., Afghanistan) are fine with boy rape and molesting/mistreating girls and women.

As for the Bible being oppressive and violent, that is all in the Jewish Old Testament, not the Christian New Testament.

The Christian Church lost its power hundreds of years ago and had to adapt to secular society and religious pluralism.

That is not true in Islamic countries.
The Catholic Church may not have approved child rape but it is without question that they did nothing to stop it. Ask the little boy who has had his life changed forever if it felt any different than flat out approval.

But we are getting off course here. I do not approve of many of the Muslim traditions, obviously mutilation is horrific. But that's not what I have been arguing. What I have been arguing is the belief that the Koran teaches the killings of those who do not believe and the thought that Muslims have come here to take over. That opinion seems to be saying the religion teaches it so naturally every Muslim follows this guidance.

If this were true the 2 billion would have killed a lot more of us than they have killed by now and all their women would be mutilated. We would have seen a much more obvious display of the "take over" if every one of the 3 million Muslims in America were all committed to this cause. So common sense should tell us that the vast majority of the 2 billion DO NOT believe as some of you are claiming. As I have been saying it is a small percent yet you want to condem every member of Islam as if they all think and act the same. They don't.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:51 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
I avoided it because it didn't apply. Of course I would chose the 2nd option. The problem here it has nothing to do with what we are talking about. You want to imply Muslims are all hate and your religion is nothing but wonderful ideology. Again I reference child rape in your fantasy land of western religion and I will now bring up a Muslim I have worked with for 30 years who hasn't hurt anyone or demonstrated the hate you describe.

The point remains blanket statements about any members of a particular religion, any religion, is WRONG.
It was a statement you have been avoiding, because if you answered it correctly you would be labeled a hypocrite and you knew it.
It didn't apply to what? You left out the Noun. I'm thinking, it did not sit well with the agenda you are pushing and by admitting you would choose the 2nd choice, Liberty, forgiveness and tolerance it destroyed were you were trying to go.

I don't give a crap what you call it. Religion, ideology, culture.... Hate and intolerance have no place in the USA and you know it.

It has everything to do with the topic and the OP. This man ungodly man, showed his hate and intolerance.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:45 AM

31,084 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
The Catholic Church may not have approved child rape but it is without question that they did nothing to stop it. Ask the little boy who has had his life changed forever if it felt any different than flat out approval.

But we are getting off course here. I do not approve of many of the Muslim traditions, obviously mutilation is horrific. But that's not what I have been arguing. What I have been arguing is the belief that the Koran teaches the killings of those who do not believe and the thought that Muslims have come here to take over. That opinion seems to be saying the religion teaches it so naturally every Muslim follows this guidance.

If this were true the 2 billion would have killed a lot more of us than they have killed by now and all their women would be mutilated. We would have seen a much more obvious display of the "take over" if every one of the 3 million Muslims in America were all committed to this cause. So common sense should tell us that the vast majority of the 2 billion DO NOT believe as some of you are claiming. As I have been saying it is a small percent yet you want to condem every member of Islam as if they all think and act the same. They don't.
Naw, just half. You would have to agree that only the ones included on a dangerous list would be the ones that create Islamic Republics, or countries that are controlled my Islamic Clerics, or the ones that wish to employ Sharia Law in our country, or the ones that the majority employ Female Genital Mutilation?

Or, how about the ones that believe Suicide bombings are justified
. Definitely should be on the watch list, right??
Pew: Muslims in the US "7% say suicide bombings are sometimes justified and 1% say they are often justified in these circumstances."

Muslims and Islam: Key findings in the U.S. and around the world | Pew Research Center

Old 05-17-2016, 09:57 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Would you have an issue with a member of the KKK wearing his traditional attire which is also meant to conceal ones identity.
I seriously doubt anyone here would object to banning those as well, if not more quickly than banning burqas.

But they're not discussed, because how often do you see KKK members, much less those walking around in their garb? Whereas it's not that uncommon to see women in niqabs here in California (niqabs are only slightly less concealing than burqas, because there's an open spot for the eyes. But if they're wearing sunglasses, it may as well be a burqa.)

Old 05-17-2016, 10:00 AM

31,084 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It was a statement you have been avoiding, because if you answered it correctly you would be labeled a hypocrite and you knew it.
It didn't apply to what? You left out the Noun. I'm thinking, it did not sit well with the agenda you are pushing and by admitting you would choose the 2nd choice, Liberty, forgiveness and tolerance it destroyed were you were trying to go.

I don't give a crap what you call it. Religion, ideology, culture.... Hate and intolerance have no place in the USA and you know it.

It has everything to do with the topic and the OP. This man ungodly man, showed his hate and intolerance.
So true.

I'm an Atheist and don't believe in any religion but in my outside view it boils down to this in a religion vs. religion break down:

Mohammad was an unrepentant, self professed Murderer, child rapist, and Slaver. His Religion, Islam even mean submission. To me this says ISIS, the Boka Haram, and Islamic Republics practice exactly what their Prophet thought. Oh yeah pbuh

Jesus was pretty much about Love and forgiveness. The religions created around Jesus might not represent this but the founding concept remains.

I'm not even Anti-Muslim. I have Muslims in my extended family, dated a former Muslim girl and worked with plenty of stand up Muslims. I am anti-Murder, Slavery, and despise child molestation. Mohammad and his Religion believe in all these things.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 05-17-2016 at 10:44 AM..

Old 05-17-2016, 10:08 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So true.

I'm an Atheist and don't believe in any religion but in my outside view it boils down to this in a religion vs. religion break down:

Mohammad was an unrepentant, self professed Murderer, child rapist, and Slaver. His Religion, Islam even mean submission. To me this says ISIS, the Boka Haram, and Islamic Republics practice exactly what their Prophet thought. Oh yeah pbuh

Jesus was pretty much about Love and forgiveness. The religions created around Jesus might not represent this but the founding concept remains.

For some reason people hate me for being fair and logical.

Everyone wants to believe this was some christian religious nut that did this.
Like you, he was not a godly man.... He was an Atheist American, like yourself.

He used all the evidence presented to his mind, to come to the conclusion that head wear was no different than a white hood associated with a lynching.

You have to wonder what the reaction would be, had the head covering, been a KKK hood? Pretty sure someone would have yanked that right off! What you say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies