Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2016, 05:26 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I have said absolutely nothing about new Muslims entering the country. That is an entirely different conversation. Why you guys can't stay on point and answer very direct questions is frustrating and not helping your argument. This story, the entire thread, and my questions to you were specifically about the treatment of Muslim Americans already here.
Excu-u-u-u-se me for talking about something I want to talk about.

Quote:
Now with all that clarified how about answering my questions again?

If only 7% of Muslims here have this belief what give you or anyone else the right to treat every Muslim American as if they are part of that 7% when the fact is there is a 93% chance they are not a "serious Muslim"?
I already answered that.

We don't know which Muslim is a terrorism supporter.

So we should keep a close eye on all of them, and not let any more of them into this country.

Quote:
How is this biggoted behavior any different than the racist cop who beats up an AA teen because other AA teens are thugs?
I already answered that.

We can't keep AA thugs out of this country.

But we can keep Muslims out of this country, and should.

And there is nothing "biggoted" about saying that all foreign Muslims should be kept out of this country.

Islam is all about killing or subjugating non-Muslims.

So they don't belong in this country

And the word is spelled "bigoted," not "biggoted."

Quote:
If the Quoran teaches these passages as you said, and every Muslim appears to adhere to them as you imply, then why hasn't every Muslim in our country killed non-believers and attempted to take over our country?
I've already explained that.

They don't try to kill or subjugate everyone when they're a small minority. Obviously.

Quote:
Would the answer to that last question not confirm that the vast majority of Muslims here do not subscribe to those beliefs therefore it is wrong to treat them as if they do?
No, it wouldn't.

And don't pretend that I haven't already answered your questions when I have.

I consider that trolling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 06:39 AM

35,078 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
So by your own figures 93% of all Muslims in the US do not supoort the radicals. Um....that's kind of what I've been saying all along. You guys want to paint them all with a broad brush when, as I have been explaining, the radicals and those who support them here REPRESENT A SMALL MINORITY OF ALL MUSLIMS HERE. This clown pulls of a woman's Hijab when there was only a 7 in 100 chance that she has even a marginal feeling that the suicide bombings can be justified.
But the failure of the Muslim community to isolate and marginalize these people creates problems of its own. The Jews marginalized the Jewish Defense League and other violent groups. The Christians have successfully marginalized their "militias." The Muslims not so much.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:56 AM

16,280 posts, read 10,421,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

No you are avoiding a very direct line of questions I asked you to reply to by again changing the subject to fit your agenda. I will repeat NONE of my questions had anything to do with allowing new Muslims in, it was all about the treatment of the ones already here.

I already answered that.

So we should keep a close eye on all of them, and not let any more of them into this country.

Does this mean we should harass them as this woman was harassed simply based on the off chance that she is a radical? What exaclty does "keep a close eye" on them mean? And again I asked nothing about letting them into the country. PLEASE just answer my questions.

I already answered that.

And there is nothing "biggoted" about saying that all foreign Muslims should be kept out of this country.

Again you answered my question, which had NOTHING to do with allowing anyone into our country, with your pat response that did not answer the question. Show me anywhere in your response where you answered my question comparing the treatment of Muslims already in America with the treatment the police give AA teens. How does not letting more in answer that question in any way, shape or form?

Spell it anyway you like, you are clearly showing that type of behavior IMO.

They don't try to kill or subjugate everyone when they're a small minority. Obviously.

Then why beat up and kill the ones that are not practicing the behavior you object to?

No, it wouldn't.

See my response above. You have answered my questions about the treatment of Muslims already here with responses about letting more in. The fact that you are incapable of understanding this difference is really quite astonishing.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 05-19-2016 at 08:09 AM..

Old 05-19-2016, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
But the failure of the Muslim community to isolate and marginalize these people creates problems of its own. The Jews marginalized the Jewish Defense League and other violent groups. The Christians have successfully marginalized their "militias." The Muslims not so much.
This is a good point but I think they are kind of powerless to do much. These guys are complete nut jobs, not sure we've seen anyone so violent and unrepentant in our lifetime. If a Muslim challenges them their entire family is slaughtered. That would certainly deter me.

Old 05-19-2016, 07:07 AM

Double Post

Old 05-19-2016, 07:17 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

I already answered that.

I already answered that.

No, it wouldn't.

He's not trolling, he's asking you to answer his questions & you won't. He's asking about Muslims that are ALREADY here, not letting Muslims in.

Old 05-19-2016, 07:49 AM

Quote:
This is a good point but I think they are kind of powerless to do much. These guys are complete nut jobs, not sure we've seen anyone so violent and unrepentant in our lifetime. If a Muslim challenges them their entire family is slaughtered. That would certainly deter me.
There are anonymous reports to police or the FBI. And social isolation.

Even though we usually disagree this post deserves reputation. I repped the post.

Old 05-19-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
There are anonymous reports to police or the FBI. And social isolation.

Even though we usually disagree this post deserves reputation. I repped the post.
Thanks, back at you. I think anonymous reports COULD work but there is still a huge risk. But yeah I agree, if they know they should do more. Of course many are just as surprised as we are when they learn that the guy they worship with, their neighbor, co-worker etc is a radical so I'm not assuming they always know and keep quiet.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 05-19-2016 at 08:07 AM..

Old 05-19-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
He's not trolling, he's asking you to answer his questions & you won't. He's asking about Muslims that are ALREADY here, not letting Muslims in.
We are arguing with a poster who literally pulls incorrect facts out of his butt (8 million Muslims in this country when the figure is 2 million, large percentages of Muslims support killing or subjugating non-Muslims which is simply not true). I guess asking him to answer the questions are just too much for us to expect. The rub of course is he feels the need to lecture me as he claims he has done what he obviously did not do.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Thanks, back at you. I think anonymous reports COULD work but there is still a huge risk. But yeah I agree, if they know they should do more. Of course many are just as surprised as we are when they learn that the guy they worship with, their neighbor, co-worker etc is a radical so I'm not assuming they always know and keep quiet.
I hope you're right. But why aren't the preachers urging non-violence, a major tenet of the Muslim religion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies