Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 05:39 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,968,825 times

Advertisements

Yes, reading endlessly to my children gave them an advantage. Our focus on education gave them an advantage. My impaired daughter knows my Spanish than me. Liberals or others getting too stressed about that because they are too lazy to do the same? Too bad. Tax me with an "advantage-seeker privilege." After all, if Clinton is astonishingly elected as president, she intends to implement a white privilege tax, so why not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 05:48 AM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 5 hours ago)

52,700 posts, read 47,975,215 times
If I had kids, then I would definitely read to them. Kids need to learn about their world around them. As for the other kids, I'm not their parents. Their parents have a responsibility like anybody else. We don't need our corrupt government telling us what's fair and what isn't. Left-wing control freaks can just move to some Third World country, for all I care.

Old 06-09-2016, 05:54 AM

19,815 posts, read 9,376,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Yes, reading endlessly to my children gave them an advantage. Our focus on education gave them an advantage. My impaired daughter knows my Spanish than me. Liberals or others getting too stressed about that because they are too lazy to do the same? Too bad. Tax me with an "advantage-seeker privilege." After all, if Clinton is astonishingly elected as president, she intends to implement a white privilege tax, so why not.

I Googled it, and as far as I can tell, the idea that HRC has proposed a white privilege tax was a joke. A humorist decided to ask some people on the street about this fiction, and they responded as if it were an actual HRC plan.

A White Privilege Tax? Why Not? | Power Line

However, if you can provide a link that shows that HRC seriously proposed it, I would really like to see that!

(And btw, I dislike HRC almost as much as I do Trump!)

P.S. Yes, she has talked about white privilege -- and I agree that there is definitely advantages to being white -- and especially to being white and middle or upper class .

http://www.alan.com/2015/06/20/hilla...ite-privilege/

Old 06-09-2016, 06:58 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Sorry, but even the thought of restricting some in order to equal outcomes for all is just goofy.
Well you don't just restrict, you encourage. You start with planting guilt and then make something wrong seem right. People should just kind of fall in line. Notice how he says parents should not constantly think of the inequity when they read bedtime stories to their kids, but they should still think about it sometimes. So, don't obsess, but just remember what you are doing to the other kids.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:36 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
I do feel being a good parent and reading to children gives them an advantage over children not born into loving/caring families.

However we shouldn't do anything about it other than encourage more parents to be loving/caring parents and to read to their children.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:51 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Well you don't just restrict, you encourage. You start with planting guilt and then make something wrong seem right. People should just kind of fall in line. Notice how he says parents should not constantly think of the inequity when they read bedtime stories to their kids, but they should still think about it sometimes. So, don't obsess, but just remember what you are doing to the other kids.
and notice it was a quip - he was not making a serious suggestion.
It's what philosophy professors do to amuse themselves when not wondering if trees falling in forests make noises if no-one is around to hear them

Old 06-09-2016, 08:47 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,968,825 times
Of course it was not going anywhere. When Clinton said she was going to implement it if elected, the back lash was huge. Someone conducted interviews on the streets of people about what they thought about that tax. Of course non-whites thought it was a great idea and whites thought the idea was ridiculous. I cannot imagine it would not be challenged--taxed because of race? She said it once or twice, then dropped that racist idea. Perhaps she misspoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
I Googled it, and as far as I can tell, the idea that HRC has proposed a white privilege tax was a joke. A humorist decided to ask some people on the street about this fiction, and they responded as if it were an actual HRC plan.

A White Privilege Tax? Why Not? | Power Line

However, if you can provide a link that shows that HRC seriously proposed it, I would really like to see that!

(And btw, I dislike HRC almost as much as I do Trump!)

P.S. Yes, she has talked about white privilege -- and I agree that there is definitely advantages to being white -- and especially to being white and middle or upper class .

http://www.alan.com/2015/06/20/hilla...ite-privilege/

Old 06-09-2016, 08:57 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,733,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Sorry, but even the thought of restricting some in order to equal outcomes for all is just goofy.

Liberals are like a bucket full of crabs. If one tries to climb out, the others will latch on and pull it back down.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:09 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,486,476 times
I'm a Democrat and that is stupid and only a belief of the fringe left. If we lower the standard for everyone our civilization will become just another poor, corrupt country. In this day of cheap birth control this is zero excuse for bringing a child into the world that you can't provide even the most basic care for.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:21 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
This is the kind of liberal non-sense that turned me away from the left many moons ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies