Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we have stricter gun-ownership laws?
Yes 114 28.08%
No 292 71.92%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 02:37 PM

959 posts, read 2,361,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
The refusal of Virginia to recognize that they should put greater restrictions on gun possession and ownership. The very predictable consequence of lax gun laws is a marked increase in the use of guns in domestic violence and suicides.
You honestly think the availability of guns is what drives people to harm eachother or themselves? This kind of reasoning just astounds me.

This stuff is just getting more ridiculous. If someone can put forth a reasoned, sound argument, that doesn't violate Constitutional law, for banning guns in America, please ...tally ho. Until then, these "points" about how guns are bad are moot.

I do feel a bit of trepidation when I see how some folks really would like to try to infringe upon our rights, but I honestly don't think our judicial system would ever successfully negate the 2nd Amendment. *Phew* We haven't gotten that crazy yet, I hope!

Old 05-08-2008, 02:40 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,418,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
You TAKE them from people. No supply, nothing to worry about. You have gunsmiths working on OTHER interchangeable parts, instead of on weapons.

But I understand why not--it's because selling weapons is PROFITABLE. Anything to make a buck, eh?
how can you take guns from criminals when they themselves get them illegally? They will get them, heck Full auto AK-47's are not imported into the US legally, but they are being used in crimes in florida? how did they get these? Well. They got them illegally through the black market, which would just get stronger if you outlaw guns. How do criminals commit crimes in Britian, or in Holland if guns are banned?

Old 05-08-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
"nothing is foolproof..."

Right, invoke the typical lame cop-out. God Bless You and your guns!
it is true. They add more and more safety features to cars to protect the fools that drive recklessly. has it stopped car accidents?

Old 05-08-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
The problem is that no matter how well designed it is you'll have a fool attached to the handle. "Safe gun" is an oxymoron.
The problem is that no matter how well designed anythingis you potentially have a fool attached to it.

fixed!

Old 05-08-2008, 02:54 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,714 times
"...You TAKE them from people. No supply, nothing to worry about."

Okay, Adolf. Thanks.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:09 PM

959 posts, read 2,361,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
"...You TAKE them from people. No supply, nothing to worry about."

Okay, Adolf. Thanks.
Precisely.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:12 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,416,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker LoL if crime was the same as war you'd all been dead.
At least the criminals know that without civilians they'd starve to dead.
Who else would they rob or sell their drugs to?
What gun owners simply fail to understand is that every citizen is a potential criminal.
Giving guns to everyone means that you're also automatically arming criminals.
Whos saying to give anyone anything? The FACT is for most of history civilians were expected or required to be armed. It goes in cycles but eventually becomes evident that the only way to be reasonably safe is to remain armed. Funny that you guys ignore the fact that with the advent or rising gun control came rising crime. High crime is a result of restrictions on the population.

My point is that even tho you can kill with about anthing a gun is the best modern tool to defend yourself while minimizing risk to yourself. Your simply stupid if you would rather fight off an attacker with a bat than a gun.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Well, unfortunately, most people who SELL guns, don't care who gets it as long as they pay in cash.

But, back to the first point. When I'm scared for my life...and if you, as a Bad Person, were pointing a gun at me, I would be...I FIGHT and I don't back down. Always. That's how I react to a situation regarding the ONLY life important to me--I fight for it.

I've done so against people armed with pipes and knives, and I would care if the other person HAD A GUN. I'd still fight. Because you don't point a gun at someone unless you intend to kill...er, SHOOT them, right? Isn't that what you're taught, butterfingers?
Your hopeless. I dont believe for a minute a thing that you say.
Your total lack of self discipline & humility belies any serious martial arts training at all.
But besides that, your physical prowess, or lack of, will never matter or intimidate a bullet. Theres a huge difference between hand to hand fighting & a gun fight.

I dont know what your problem is anyway. You onl;y care about yourself & your not vunerable to bullets. Why not go about your buisness & leave the debate to those who live in reality?

Old 05-08-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
OK, so you're admitting that a handgun can be a DANGEROUS DEVICE when not being handled "according to procedure." So then, it's a matter of how highly regulated does our society want to make this kind of DANGEROUS DEVICE. Right now, there's almost NO REGULATION in America of the safety-related design features of handguns.
No regulation? Your as bad as RLcrutch over there.
the reason theres no mandated saftey regs is the manufacturers fall over themselves in most cases making guns safer. In todays suehappy world thats a necessary thing. Fact is tho many gun designs are very safe without any extra safteys if you dont point them at things you dont want to shoot.
You can accidentally shoot someone just like your car can accidentally squash someone. In each case its a personal liability.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskagrl View Post
Hey, there's something coming out of your ears, man...get a rag, quick!

He lives in DC. Ask him the definition of the word "is"
Its pretty sad that some mental midgets that cant type words all day long & fake intelligence cant read two simple sentences & grasp the meaning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies