Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2016, 06:27 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Thank God. We need to make it as easy for leftists and welfare queens to have as many abortions as possible. Hell, I would contribute monthly to pay for abortions if it was guaranteed that money would go to aborting leftist and welfare recipient babies.
You would pay for a liberal's abortion but leave a conservative woman seeking an abortion in the dust?

OK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 06:28 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
The last gasp of the regressive Supreme Court...

Justice Kennedy increasingly sides with Justices Ginsberg, Breyer, Sotomayor and Kagan. Soon Justice Garland - or, possibly, an even more liberal Justice nominated in his stead by President Clinton - will join them.

Justice Ginsberg will very likely retire during the term of President Clinton. Her replacement will not change the makeup of the high court, but it will lock that seat away from the regressives until the year 2040 or beyond.

Justice Kennedy turns 80 in less than a month. While he sides with the liberal Justices more often than he used to, he still joins the regressive block frequently - he, too, will probably be replaced with a liberal Justice under President Clinton.

Then there are the reports that Justice Thomas will retire after the election.

The tide is turning...
A regressive SC ? This court approved same sex marriage, Obamacare [a penalty is a tax], affirmative action, rejected Texas abortion law. Sure, Roberts and Kennedy sometimes stuck to their legal principles, but overall, the supposed 5 conservatives were no match for the 4 leftists.

On the bigger point, you're probably right. The SC will be an unofficial wing of the D party for years.

Old 06-28-2016, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Some of them, yes. Take a look at any state's legislature. You'll find MDs.
Well, I just looked at the list of members for New Jersey and Texas.

None of them are doctors. One member of the Texas House has the nickname "Doc", but no MD after his name. One had the title 'Esq.' after his name, so they do include titles, if applicable.

If you believe MDs are serving in state legislatures, please provide proof.

Old 06-28-2016, 06:56 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,950,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
You would pay for a liberal's abortion but leave a conservative woman seeking an abortion in the dust?

OK
Yep. Because I want more conservatives and fewer liberals. It would be a tragedy if a conservative woman has an abortion. It's a tragedy if a liberal woman DOESN'T have an abortion.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:03 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
That's irrelevant.

Conservatives have been saying (and teaching kids!) that abstinence is the ONLY way to avoid pregnancy.

If you don't want to be a father; if you don't want to get a woman pregnant, ABSTAIN FROM HAVING SEX!

Now, who, exactly wants to have their cake and eat it, too???
And the liberal arguement is that expecting people to abstain from sex is unrealistic.

So, you think abstinence is unrealistic for a woman as a means of avoiding pregnancy.....

But you want men to be abstinent to avoid getting a woman pregnant.

Hypocrite much?

Old 06-28-2016, 07:06 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
"Don't worry, I'll pull out" comes to mind.

Also, "Honey, how can you say that? You know I love you"
Any women who believes either of those things will not get her pregnant is too stupid to be having sex.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
And the liberal arguement is that expecting people to abstain from sex is unrealistic.

So, you think abstinence is unrealistic for a woman as a means of avoiding pregnancy.....

But you want men to be abstinent to avoid getting a woman pregnant.

Hypocrite much?
Not hypocritical at all.

If conservatives believe SO MUCH that unwanted pregnancies can be avoided by (their most popular mantra) women just KEEPING THEIR LEGS CLOSED, they should also believe that men should not have sex unless they want to be fathers.

The conservatives are the hypocritical ones.

As a liberal, I do not believe abstinence is a viable solution. But, if conservatives believe it is, then it should be practiced by BOTH sexes. Except, conservative males have a problem with that, it seems.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Any women who believes either of those things will not get her pregnant is too stupid to be having sex.
And what about the man who uses those lies? Is he, also, too stupid to have sex? Or does he get a pat on the back and another checkmark on his scorecard by other men?

Old 06-28-2016, 07:33 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
Well, I just looked at the list of members for New Jersey and Texas.

None of them are doctors. One member of the Texas House has the nickname "Doc", but no MD after his name. One had the title 'Esq.' after his name, so they do include titles, if applicable.

If you believe MDs are serving in state legislatures, please provide proof.
Good information. I was wondering about that myself and had just begun to google when I saw your post. If IC can provide evidence that there are any physicians on the state legislature, I'd also be interested in knowing how they voted on SB5.

Update: "Doc" Anderson is a veterinarian.

Last edited by randomparent; 06-28-2016 at 07:50 AM..

Old 06-28-2016, 07:41 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Organisms with literally no brains do it all the time. Intelligence is simply not required.

And there's that well-known puzzlement about which brain a man is using at any given moment, since he only has enough blood to use one at a time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies