Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2016, 10:38 AM

35,682 posts, read 21,030,020 times

Advertisements

I am not pro abortion- but I am not for some B-shyte laws from republican to control people's decisions--! For that -make the congressmen wear chastity belts and blinders. keep them holy-- their sins alone-- never mind-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 10:40 AM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Of course, what is the blood of an innocent compared to the inconvenience of an idiot who can't keep her legs closed when she's not sure of her birth control.
What if she was raped?

Old 06-28-2016, 10:42 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Having a hospital in the area in case the abortionist messes up and the woman needs emergency care.. is stuck down. God help us. The left doesn't care about the babies life and doesnt care about the mothers life either.
Oh boy! Write your congressperson to require admitting privileges of dentists who provide sedation!

9 Investigates teenager's death after routine dental procedure | WFTV

14-month-old girl dies following dental visit | KXAN.com

Deadly Dentistry: Junior?s Story
Texas no less!

Dental Deaths

etc.... Ad nauseam....

Old 06-28-2016, 10:48 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You claimed that in the event of an emergency that a stretcher couldn't get in to get a woman out. I find this a silly claim since stretchers can easily fit through house halls and doors. Are the halls and doors in office buildings smaller than in houses? No, since they are already required to be ADA compliant to fit wheel chairs. Doors and halls that are ADA compliant are wider than the halls and doors in most houses.
So, if the doors and halls in office buildings are already ADA compliant and thus WIDER than the doors and halls in homes, how can you claim that stretchers won't fit?

And outpatient surgical procedures are already allowed in most doctors and dentists offices WITHOUT them being required to follow the same rules that were being imposed on abortion providers in TX.
While I am seriously pro choice, I can appreciate the argument against abortion, especially late term abortions.

What about birth control, an intervention to prevent pregnancy? Don't those cells have a right to combine the way nature intended? Why are people having sex when pregnancy is not the desired outcome? Why are people preventing nature from taking its course? We should be procreating like the third world.

Invoking religion, curses and this second class citizen crap does not hold water with me.

Being born to birth parents who would otherwise have preferred to abort does not sound like a good start to life, to me.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:53 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,642,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Having a hospital in the area in case the abortionist messes up and the woman needs emergency care.. is stuck down. God help us. The left doesn't care about the babies life and doesnt care about the mothers life either.
Are all dentists, liposuction and/or breast implant doctors, plastic surgeons, colonoscopy clinics, et al, within proximity of a hospital?

Old 06-28-2016, 10:54 AM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Unless it's rape I would say it's the woman's problem
Here is where you lose the argument. In a previous post you mention the innocent blood of the children. If you really believe that, then it shouldn't matter if the woman was raped, as that has nothing to do with whether conception has taken place or not. Either one is Pro Choice, or 'that fetus is carried to term and a birth occurs, everything else be d****d'. Anything other than one of those two stances is hypocritical.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That is not true at all, doctors performing colonoscopies are not required to have admitting privileges nor are they required to meet operating room standards. They were not included in the new standards yet both colonoscopies and Liposuction have more complications, I wonder why they were not included?
I had not considered liposuction and the entire cosmetic surgery aspect.

Men and women are getting full / partial face/ neck lifts in the doctor's office.

Then there's the plethora of injectables often administered by unlicensed people in hair salons, store fronts and home or motel parties.

Life threatening reactions occasionally occur.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:03 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Men and women are getting full / partial face/ neck lifts in the doctor's office.

Then there's the plethora of injectables often administered by unlicensed people in hair salons, store fronts and home or motel parties.

As per Joan Rivers.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
ADA compliant doorways have a minimum 32" opening.
Average stretcher is 22"
Thus YOUR claim that a stretcher couldn't get in to get a patient out is incorrect.

I would have no problem IF the same standard was used across the board for ANY office that does ANY outpatient surgical procedure, but that isn't what happened. The law ONLY applied to abortion facilities and even applied to those that do NO surgical abortions at all. Even offices that only wrote prescriptions for abortifacient drugs were required to have the same standards of a surgical center.
Can you imagine the serious dent a similar Texas law would put on the plastic surgeiry/ hair implant business in say, Dallas or DC?

Old 06-28-2016, 11:13 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

I always think of Joan Rivers undergoing Endoscopy as an outpatient, there is more risk in many procedures. Liposuction has led to a fairly high percentage of complications and death.

Glad this is over and I would hope that all would work towards the common ground of preventing unwanted pregnancies by providing education and contraception rather than constantly bickering.
The unwanted pregnancy rate and the abortion rate is the highest of any civilized country, that is the issue that needs to be addressed.

Last edited by Goodnight; 06-28-2016 at 12:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies