Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2016, 09:14 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times

Advertisements

[quote=janelle144;44580881]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
It's so funny to sit here and read the comments from the anti abortion crowd claiming that they suddenly have this profound interest in women's safety while undergoing a routine outpatient procedure.

Janelle,
Being the avid anti abortionist you are, what would your reaction have been if the court had upheld this law? Would you be celebrating the fact that (according to you and IC at least) women would now have higher safety standards in place for getting a routine outpatient procedure or would you be celebrating the fact that abortions would be significantly more difficult to obtain? Be honest and pick only one. I'm curious.[/quote)

================================================== ===================

A routine outpatient procedure really hits abortion on the head so thanks for writing that. Abortion has gone from only when the woman's life is in danger (as in rare and necessary) to an everyday routine thing (nothing to talk about really) since it happens thousands of times a day.

So since abortion has become just routine with so many done a day, don't you think it should be done with more caution and safety than getting ones nails done? Nail salons have more restrictions than abortion clinics do.

But who cares huh? It's mostly poor, black women and babies so they are easily expendable. We learned that when Gosnell was in business. But you are pro-abortion so you will look the other way. Striking down this law will help you do that. Stay fat and happy.
You didn't answer my question. Which is more important to you; providing a safer environment for women getting an abortion or restricting abortions to the point that it would be virtually impossible for many women to obtain one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 09:55 PM

32,074 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Unless it's rape I would say it's the woman's problem since she's the one getting pregnant. Chalk it up to her taste in men and her choices I would say.

I guess that thought process is what helps her think it's ok to kill a baby at it's most vulnerable stage when it needs it's mother the most.

And of course the idiot government enables her.

She got pregnant due to ignorance and solved the problem with abortion which is the ultimate ignorance.

What Neanderthal thinking....woman gets pregnant...her fault Why not lecture men who can't keep it in their pants. Men aren't ignorant, they just think with a different brain which is worse. Well maybe they are ignorant

Old 06-28-2016, 10:02 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,952,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

What Neanderthal thinking....woman gets pregnant...her fault Why not lecture men who can't keep it in their pants. Men aren't ignorant, they just think with a different brain which is worse. Well maybe they are ignorant
Unless she is raped, it's her fault. I mean, you are in charge of your own body right? Or are you suggesting men have partial ownership?

Old 06-28-2016, 10:06 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And even Texas couldn't point out how the law would have made it safer than it already was. That is part of the reason it was overturned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The lawyer representing Texas was asked that very question, he did mot have one example.
Then there is the answer to the question.

I was merely responding to a person who had dismissed the law as unwarranted, on the grounds that only 1/4th of 1% of women who have abortions end up in the hospital.

My statement was that, based on already-established liberal principles, a law is necessary if it saves a single life. Thus, had there been any evidence that the law would save lives(since hundreds of women have died from abortions), then on those principles, the law should stand. And if liberals opposed it because it didn't save "enough lives", then they were being hypocritical.

But, if the law protects no one, then its only possible purpose would be to prevent women from getting abortions. That goes against Roe v. Wade, and it is unsurprising that it was overturned.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 06-28-2016 at 10:32 PM..

Old 06-28-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Unless she is raped, it's her fault. I mean, you are in charge of your own body right? Or are you suggesting men have partial ownership?
I am so tired of men blaming woman for getting pregnant. They have no responsibility do they They get their rocks off and then leave. You are making men look really stupid

Old 06-28-2016, 10:17 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,952,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I am so tired of men blaming woman for getting pregnant. They have no responsibility do they They get their rocks off and then leave. You are making men look really stupid
No, you are making feminists look like the hypocrites we know them to be. You want to be in control of your body until it is inconvenient, then the guy has partial responsibility. You are either a grown woman that takes responsibility for her actions or you are a little girl that needs help from a man. You woman created the situation you find yourselves in now.

Take the pill, make the man wear a condom or take the morning after pill. Or don't be a ***** and only have sex with people you are in a committed relationship with.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:17 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
In the biggest reproductive rights case since Casey, Texas law HB2 - which required that abortion providers have admitting privileges at a hospital within 30 miles and that abortion providers adhere to the same requirements as for outpatient surgical providers.

Of course, these requirements had no purpose whatsoever other than to make providing and obtaining an abortion more expensive and more of a hassle.

Justice Breyer authored the majority opinion in the 5-3 case, which broke along predictable lines.

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions...5-274_p8k0.pdf
Ironic considering the current push to attack the 2nd amendment.

But hey, THIS one is ok!

The hypocrisy is aimed at both parties, just reverse the argument.

Oh, and one last thing...the nomination of Roberts was supposed to make sure Roe v Wade would be overturned. That's what my (registered democrat) wife was told in various fund raising solicitations.

What a political enrichment issue.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:04 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,822,778 times
Quote:
No, you are making feminists look like the hypocrites we know them to be. You want to be in control of your body until it is inconvenient, then the guy has partial responsibility. You are either a grown woman that takes responsibility for her actions or you are a little girl that needs help from a man. You woman created the situation you find yourselves in now.

Take the pill, make the man wear a condom or take the morning after pill. Or don't be a ***** and only have sex with people you are in a committed relationship with.
If you vote against abortions then I'm sure you are well aware that you are voting against the Bill of Rights yes? See the pursuit of happiness.

I also assume that you support bodily autonomy, in the sense that if an organ transplant from even a dead person to save a living person's life cannot be done because the dead person never agreed to give away their working organs while they were alive, you are straight up saying women have less rights over her body than dead people.

Dead people have more rights than women in this country, what a damn shame.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:07 PM

Quote:

OMG, are you men just babies that woman need to tell you what to do. Oh, I guess some of you are.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:23 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:

You are either a grown man that takes responsibility for his actions or a little boy that runs from things that he is afraid of. You men created the situation that you find yourselves in now.

The same could be said about the opposite gender as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies