Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2016, 11:13 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Exactly right.

Access to legal abortion is the law of the land. It's not going to change any time soon. You're dreaming if you think that you can stop abortion by severely restricting or shutting down clinics. As history abundantly shows.

In an ideal world, abortions would be safe, legal, and rare. We've got the "safe" part down. SCOTUS continues to underpin the "legal" part. The "rare" part we're still working on, although abortion rates have been on a downward trend for some time, which is very encouraging.
Yep.

Not to mention that reversing the law of the land would be unfair to poor women. Women with enough money for a plane ticket, a hotel, and the procedure could just go to another country. Women who can't afford to do that would have to consider the coat hanger/fall down a flight of stairs etc. that I mentioned in another post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 11:15 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Meh. Let them keep states from placing safety regulations on abortion clinics. Just don't start crying about healthcare quality inequity when these "mothers" start dying left and right. Also, don't talk about "unregulated back alley abortions" because that's basically what's going on now.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:30 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Gotta love Gov Abbott's response and his tireless mission to protect women's health.
If he was concerned about the safety and health of patients he would have sought to require the same levels of protection for those seeking oral surgery, colonoscopies and cosmetic surgeries/ injections.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:43 AM

10-16 year old data from tiny Finland is not relevant.

All abortions in Finland are now required to occur in hospitals and the government picks up the full tab.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
And how many women lie to men about being on BC?

I've had three lie to me about it over the course of 20 years, and those are just the ones I know about.

Again, if women insist that men have no say in whether a woman has an abortion (because it's "her body"), then why should men bear any of the responsibility for the pregnancy?

Y'all wanna have your cake and eat it too.

If I were a man I would take responsibility for birth control, regardless of what the woman said.

I also would not trust the situation whereby the guy claimed to have been fixed / shooting blanks or promised to withdraw and would take responsibility for my own birth control.

I am risk adverse.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:06 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Of course, within minutes of the ruling yesterday we had statements of support for the ruling by Hillary Rodham Clinton.

What has Donald John Trump said? Did he unleash an avalanche of tweets? Fling bolts of lightning from his perch on Mount Trump?

Old 06-28-2016, 12:10 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
She is applauding because a woman's right of self determination was upheld. As are many of us women across the country. Democrats have been pro-choice since the '70s. How long did it take you to figure that out?
Too long. At first I thought they were only saying that to get votes then I realized they meant it. I can't be party to that. It reminds me of barbaric things done back in the dark ages by Vikings. We are supposed to be a civilized society and cannot do family planning without murdering babies??!!!!!!

Old 06-28-2016, 12:12 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Of course, within minutes of the ruling yesterday we had statements of support for the ruling by Hillary Rodham Clinton.

What has Donald John Trump said? Did he unleash an avalanche of tweets? Fling bolts of lightning from his perch on Mount Trump?
Silence. I suspect the GOP has told him to knock off the Twitter nonsense if he wants a shot at being elected. Frankly, I'm impressed. I wouldn't have thought Thunder Thumbs capable of staying away from the keyboard.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:24 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The quote was in reference to the WOMAN not the fetus. I truly hope you were aware of that as it was quite obvious.

Bristol Palin.

They operate under the misguided impression that Republican/Conservative women do not have abortions. We know how false that is.

Well. Once elected - a Republican man is automatically awarded his MD degree in order that he be qualified to legislate a woman's uterus and discuss things like 'the body just shuts that down' and also their legal degree so that they might discuss things like 'legitimate rape' and what qualifies.
That is why I told these ignorant people that a death occurred with every abortion. For some reason that is always left out of the pro-abortionist thinking. For some reason that doesn't seem to matter. The baby is a human life and that baby has been judged, sentenced and killed for doing absolutely nothing wrong. I find it disgusting that supposedly civilized people find that acceptable. Don't you people have a conscience? What is wrong with you?

"Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" as our constitution allows has been denied to that aborted baby.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:25 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Silence. I suspect the GOP has told him to knock off the Twitter nonsense if he wants a shot at being elected. Frankly, I'm impressed. I wouldn't have thought Thunder Thumbs capable of staying away from the keyboard.
I found this just now, on Huffington post (so have your salt with you):

Donald Trump's Silence On SCOTUS Abortion Ruling Angers Conservatives
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies