Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2016, 05:54 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Since whites are the dominant controlling class, why not use that position to make changes for the better?
We have tried but our efforts have been in vain. Maybe it is just we two peoples can never truly be reconciled together. Just look at the history of tensions between us. How could it be any different? We have one group who at one point in time enslaved another. There can only be tensions. To suggest otherwise is an insult to both groups involved.

We must work towards practical and a realistic form of true peaceful coexistence. We are stuck here together lets try and make it workable for ALL.

Old 07-08-2016, 05:57 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,928,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Also RedState, a conservative blog, put this up, written by the editor:

The Uncomfortable Reason Why it Came to This in Dallas Yesterday | RedState

It's well written and I'm shocked to read it from such a conservative view point. Maybe people are finally waking from their comas.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:03 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,737,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
I'm generally neutral as it relates to the police shootings, but these last 2 shootings have me very hot under the collar.

I've also heard some whites respond with "White people get killed by the police too".

So my question is to the "whites"-Do you even care if whites get killed too? I know you don't care if blacks do and I'm okay with that disposition. Do you care if your own race gets killed? If so what do whites do to prevent it from happening because there is nothing at this point that blacks can do. If you care so much why are you so silent on the issue? Why are you so apathetic?

Please help me to understand. Do you even care?

Here is a story---
I can remember having been a hiring manager at a Hospital with 3,200 employees. There were only 3 of us black managers in the whole darn place. I decided to do something about it. I went on an aggreesive hiring of black managers. Why? 1-We needed more managers 2- we needed managers of color. 3-the Senior Level(white folks) staff supported my efforts.

The point:
I was in a position to make change happen and I DID. It's the highlight of my life.

Since whites are the dominant controlling class, why not use that position to make changes for the better?
No, I don't.

Then again, I'm half Algerian.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:11 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
We're trying to elect Donald Trump. Will you contribute?

The Clintons called blacks, quote, "super-predators" who need to be "brought to heel," and notoriously called for 100,000 new LE on the streets.
Lets not forget how the mere "symbol" of Bill Clinton doing something unconventional like playing the saxaphone was enough for many Blacks to see him as one of them. Even the Lewinsky scandal had many Black men believing again he was one of them

All the while he has enacted some of the most punitive measures to imprison and confine Black people. He was effectively at War with the Black community , but threw them a few "symbols" and they were content to vote for him .

Sorry, but Black folks would need to examine , without the ensuing over emotion, why they could be tricked so easily?.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:14 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,135,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Give the police a reason to fear for their life, then you get shot. Same for anyone else with a gun.

Not sure what's hard to understand about that.

Quite different than someone deliberately planning to murder someone as was done in Dallas.
A reason?

Like, 'being black'?

Because that's what it seems to boil down to for them.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:14 PM

15,630 posts, read 10,385,367 times
I don't care.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:16 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Hiring someone because of the color of their skin has never made anything better. Hiring the best, most qualified person for the job makes everything better. You have just shown yourself to be a racist person.

Pretty much. Men follow merit not quotas.

Much of white America doesn't relate to black America because they simply don't see their struggles as struggles really. Much of what white America sees is a bunch of people going crazy town over spilt milk. A large part of white America comes from coal towns, ranch towns, logging towns, fishing towns, they grew farming under a summer sun, and worked their parent's business after school hours. They know what work is, they know was struggle is.

Truth is, going on and on about one's "struggle" because they may have been profiled for a broken taillight, well it gets a elbow bump and an "Are these people serious?" from working America.

Last edited by HansProof; 07-08-2016 at 06:28 PM..

Old 07-08-2016, 06:19 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,003,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
I care about blacks who are getting shot. In fact I'm sure half of my students wish I would shut the hell up about it already (but I also bet they've seen these last two incidents and remember what I was trying to get into their heads last semester).
And why exactly do you NOT care about whites or others of color shot by cops (your statement)?

If "blacks" are all you focus on with your students then you are partly responsible for promoting bigotry and really should re-examine your stance. As a teacher YOU should know better.
I'm concerned about the amount of ALL police shootings,accidental explosive injury/death of innocents,night time home invasions on wrong homes etc.

It is not all about RACE, it is all about use of force.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:20 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,135,605 times
That makes what the cop did okay?

Most civilized countries don't even have the death penalty, much less one without an actual trial and sentence.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:23 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,737,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
That makes what the cop did okay?

Most civilized countries don't even have the death penalty, much less one without an actual trial and sentence.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
And many countries don't have knuckleheads and over jealous or stressed out police from dealing with knuckleheads.

To quote Chris Rock: 2 wrongs don't make a right, but I understand
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies