U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-27-2016, 01:16 PM
 
79,350 posts, read 33,653,273 times
Reputation: 15874

Advertisements

We have killed thousands of innocent women and children but we ease our conscience by calling them "collateral damage".

Where they fleeing because of our actions in the first place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-27-2016, 01:17 PM
 
Location: Cumberland Co., TN
21,948 posts, read 21,743,439 times
Reputation: 21506
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
If anything like this happened with a boat full of Europeans or Americans there would be extreme criticism of the surviving men for letting all the women die and not helping them.

And you know this because........there has actually been mysterious deaths of American or European? female refugees?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2016, 01:19 PM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,666,047 times
Reputation: 6746
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Yes, that's the point here. For people who think men protecting women and children, and sacrificing themselves for them in times of disaster is a universal value - here's proof that you're wrong. These are Western ideals and they'll disappear with the West.
Sad this is already happening in America. Women are just as responsible as the men for failing to teach their young men and young women, proper etiquette and manners.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We have killed thousands of innocent women and children but we ease our conscience by calling them "collateral damage".

Where they fleeing because of our actions in the first place?
I haven't done anything.......Hillary and Obama have been in charge for 8 yrs. Why are you blaming America when other countries are doing nothing to ease the refugees or migrants coming. If migrates hadn't heard they get free stuff in other countries, they may have stayed and fought for their own freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2016, 01:25 PM
 
Location: Sarasota, FL
2,637 posts, read 1,548,459 times
Reputation: 5012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
How do all the women in a boat become dead by accident? Kinds rules that out. No accident.

Putting someone in danger of losing their life or depriving them of the means necessary to sustain life is not an accident or innocent circumstance, it is killing them.

Why would the men say anything other than what is necessary to secure their own position?

Some of the women weren't dead, ALL of them were dead. Were only one left alive, the story would be quite different no doubt. If the accident were as catastrophic as needed to kill all the women what a strange thing to happen, killing only the women because as everyone knows, women seek out the most hazardous place to be when death comes looking.

I agree, its a bizarre story, and its hard not to suspect the men of some wrongdoing, but I can also see the possibility that what they described is exactly what happened. The question then is were the women in that part of the boat voluntarily? I thought that autopsies might have shed light on this, since evidence of recent physical abuse, dehydration and starvation (more than that of the men), could have provided some indication of whether they were being treated badly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2016, 01:26 PM
 
Location: a nation with hope
13,153 posts, read 17,427,541 times
Reputation: 5026
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We have killed thousands of innocent women and children but we ease our conscience by calling them "collateral damage".

Where they fleeing because of our actions in the first place?
Or perhaps because of the actions of their own governments?

It's called war, by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2016, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Sarasota, FL
2,637 posts, read 1,548,459 times
Reputation: 5012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
Just the fact that by n large, women are physically weaker than men when it comes to survival.

Not so sure about that -- I've actually heard the opposite. IMO, it depends on the circumstances they have to survive in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2016, 01:31 PM
 
Location: North Beach, MD on the Chesapeake
33,909 posts, read 42,165,527 times
Reputation: 43311
After watching other groups of refugees consisting primarily of healthy 20ish young men, I'm somewhat surprised that there were any women aboard in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2016, 01:33 PM
Status: "I'm travelling at the speed of light." (set 15 days ago)
 
Location: Hamburg, Deutschland
1,233 posts, read 608,214 times
Reputation: 1804
Somehow the first thought I had was that the men sacrificed the women to appease some tribal deity so it would keep them alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2016, 01:42 PM
 
79,350 posts, read 33,653,273 times
Reputation: 15874
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Or perhaps because of the actions of their own governments?

It's called war, by the way.
Maybe.....but as I note...we will come up with all kinds of excuses for our actions when dead is dead.


We can not condemn others for what we refuse to stop doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2016, 01:44 PM
 
200 posts, read 118,911 times
Reputation: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
About 100 African migrants are sitting in a big rubber dinghy in the Mediterranean waiting to be found by "rescuers" and ferried to Italy. Suddenly one of the tanks springs a leak and fuel starts pouring into the bottom of the boat. People panic and rush around for a while but then, realizing that the boat isn't sinking, they settle down and continue waiting. A few hours later they are found and picked up by the MSF. The men look dazed but unhurt as they board the rescue boat. Tragedy has been averted and they look forward to their new life in Europe. There's only one problem; every woman on the boat is dead.


Recent Video | PBS NewsHour


Imagine a rubber raft with 100 Europeans being found adrift in the Mediterranean with all the men alive, standing calmly around the outside, and all the women dead, lying in a shallow pool of fuel and water in the middle of the boat. Every journalist in the world would be asking why - how could this possibly happen? But in this case nobody is asking.
It sounds to me that men received preference in getting food and water while on the boat. How else could this have happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:02 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top