Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2016, 12:50 PM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
DC at the Ridge The problem is that you say you don't believe that all black people or any "nationality" are the same intellectually, but then you make the argument about Democrats "preying" on the sympathies of black people, and how promising "freebies" is effective at getting black people to vote for Democrats, as if this doesn't demean black people that they can't see how they are being "preyed" upon.
this does demean blacks, hispanics and white, or yellows....anyone who believes it's ok to continue to not work and collect welfare and gain freebes without having to work for it...
And all those people who are collecting welfare are being told free college, free everything....b/c they want their votes....DC, believe me, there are people out there of all races who are corrupt and lazy, but there are also a whole lot of blacks that are as well...remember the woman with the free Obama phone, she was so excited that she was now going to vote for Obama, b/c she was given a free phone. I'm talking about people like that...from all nationalities, but yes, the blacks to.

Quote:
Very few women are voting for Hillary "simply b/c she is a woman." Women are thrilled that this particular glass ceiling is being assaulted, but voters vote for the party and candidates that they feel will best represent their goals and interests. If the Libertarian Party resonates with them, they'll vote for the Libertarian Party. And if the Republican Party resonates with them, they'll vote for the Republican Party.
well, you could be right, but you have to agree there are tons of people out there who are only voting for Hillary b/c she is a woman...and they know nothing else about politics....
I've heard some of them say, they detest Trump b/c of his disregard for woman...do you know how that got started...the very first debate on TV...Meghan Kelly accused Trump of having disrespect for women, b/c of his riff years ago, with Rosie O'Donnel. They went back and forth, and Rosie, has a mouth like a truck driver...she attacked him...and from that incident, and that incident only came the rumor that Every Dem ran away with, that Trump has no respect for women.

Quote:
But this meme you are repeating, that the Democratic party "preys" on people, doesn't resonate with those people. No one likes to think of themselves as stupid or gullible. As long as this is a message, it will be rejected, and the party sending that message will be rejected.
well, you can of course look at that both ways, with both parties...listen DC, I'm as disenchanted with both parties as everyone else is or should be...and I can understand what you are saying about me repeating that...but it's true. Listen, I'm no political genius...that's for sure....but there are so many people out there who are so misinformed...they don't know anything about Hillary's past, and when they are told about it, they refuse to believe it...I lived it...and that is the only reason I know so much about her....
Plus I did a lot of reading...but, a lot of people don't....

I said this before and I'll say it again....

there are headlines over pictures on FB....and instead of going into the article and reading it, people believe the headlines, or what they are told by the media, which isn't much....and run away with it..instead of doing some research on their own.

DC, I don't know what the answers are...but what I do know is, that this country is in for big trouble, and I've seen enough of the democratic party to last a life time...and I voted for Obama in his first term.
I'm an Independent, and if Trump doesn't hold fast with his promises, this America will no longer be an America that we knew....we're going to be part of a global one nation....and perhaps this will happen under Trump? I don't know the man...but what I do know is, he is my last hope....
b/c of the way they are fighting him....you see, I saw Herman Cain come in and run for President saying the very same things....I loved the man, and the establishment bullied him out....
so...

We shall see....we all want it better for everyone...the trick is, breaking up both parties and doing the right thing, instead of what money buys us...

Does that make any sense at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 12:51 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I realize that you were responding to me, but do you realize that nothing in your post actually addressed anything in my post?
What progress? Michelle is living in the past..

Michelle could have very well had people read between the lines and said.. look how far we have come to Unite This Country. We are all equal.

Michelle also said , it was the first time she was proud of her country when Obama got a shot to run for president.. as if she was not thankful for a very good job, a decent life .. no , she did not suffer as some here in this country. And many have had very bad hardships and still love this country. She lost me long ago with her remarks that were rude and crude.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
The Southern Democratic Party was the racist party that spawned the KKK. Segregation, not so much, since that was a phenomena that was present in the North and the South.

That Southern Democratic Party no longer exists. I realize how difficult it is for you to wrap your mind around, but times have changed. The Dixiecrats became Republicans. And the Republicans sure do toot their horn. They reference themselves as the Party of Lincoln all the time.

Unfortunately, they say things like the above, as well. Black people are not stupid. Black people are not gullible. Your argument that Democrats only changed their words and not their actions in order to "gain power over blacks once again", suggests that you think that black people are stupid and gullible. Why, you can see right through the Democrats, but black people can't! Bless your heart!
Name the dixiecrats that turned Republican . There were 26.. name the ones that switched parties!

Old 07-28-2016, 01:03 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,912,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
He WASN'T a slave. There were many free Blacks at the time (including the FIRST legal slave owner in the American Colonies), though you'd never know it given all the race pimps' ridiculous whining and hand-wringing.
I never said he was slave. I took an African American studies course in school.

Just pointed out how another black man help create the design of DC.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:12 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Maybe it's because of something Bill O'Reilly said. Maybe it's because Bill O'Reilly is trying to downplay the horrors of slavery. Ever thought of that?

No one is asking anything of you, except this. Admit that Bill O'Reilly is wrong. Why do you think this is about you?
I never like bill or hannity, they like to yell and talk over people

Old 07-28-2016, 01:13 PM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What progress? Michelle is living in the past..

Michelle could have very well had people read between the lines and said.. look how far we have come to Unite This Country. We are all equal.

Michelle also said , it was the first time she was proud of her country when Obama got a shot to run for president.. as if she was not thankful for a very good job, a decent life .. no , she did not suffer as some here in this country. And many have had very bad hardships and still love this country. She lost me long ago with her remarks that were rude and crude.
Exactly, and we have come far...but no one ever points that out...yes, we have a long way to go...however, we are making progress...things do not happen over night, and somewhere along the line, we all have to meet God half way...meaning, we need to apply it to our everyday life, and not just talk the talk.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:25 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Name the dixiecrats that turned Republican . There were 26.. name the ones that switched parties!
It's not the 26 that you are obsessing over. It's the more than million voters who supported the Dixiecrats, which were a group of Democrats who walked out of the Democratic National Convention because they supported segregation, and the National Democratic Party did not. The millions who supported the Dixiecrats in 1948 shifted to support Barry Goldwater who was the conservative candidate in 1964. Just look at the map. Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina shifted to the Republican/conservative Presidential nominee.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
It's not the 26 that you are obsessing over. It's the more than million voters who supported the Dixiecrats, which were a group of Democrats who walked out of the Democratic National Convention because they supported segregation, and the National Democratic Party did not. The millions who supported the Dixiecrats in 1948 shifted to support Barry Goldwater who was the conservative candidate in 1964. Just look at the map. Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina shifted to the Republican/conservative Presidential nominee.
Did he win with all those democrats voting for him?.. no.. looks like the Republicans liked Johnson better. We were not so aligned with party back in those days.. JFK was an all peoples president. Johnson was their choice. The dixiecrats died..

Old 07-28-2016, 01:47 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Did he win with all those democrats voting for him?.. no.. looks like the Republicans liked Johnson better. We were not so aligned with party back in those days.. JFK was an all peoples president. Johnson was their choice. The dixiecrats died..
How, then, did solid Democratic states like Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina go Republican?

Old 07-28-2016, 01:58 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Frederick Douglas said, a mean master will make a slave want a nice master and a nice master will make a slave want his freedom. I'm more inclined to believe someone who was there, so it really doesn't matter how you treat, clothe ,feed or compensate a human being that you legally own.

Unfortunately African Americans don't have a "slavery Flag" to wear on their, black T-shirts, put on the license plate of their pick-ups, proudly display in the windows of their run ghetto shacks, or to have it grace the album covers of their favorite hip hop band. That way people won't complain that black people are living in the past , they can say they are honoring their past
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies