Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 09:40 AM

39,253 posts, read 27,655,778 times

Advertisements

Forget about teachers and school, they won't do anything.

Teach your kids self defense. That is how you do it.

I've been bullied once, by a fat girl. My two big brothers picked me up from school, and they also taught me to fight back. Bully me once, shame on you, bully me twice, shame on me. This said, some kids will still become the victim of bullying. The nasty kids need to be taught a lesson. Their parents should be publicly shamed for raising nasty children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 09:45 AM

28,964 posts, read 30,316,545 times
Teachers and those at school cannot be every where, and yes defense it ok but now a days people sue.....

And the parents that bully, whose kids bully will be the ones to sue

all you've got to do, is read some of the parents responses in here, and you know whose kids are the bullies.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:05 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,685,380 times
Sad tale on a tragedy but knowing all the causes can lead to solutions.

Just a theory but a reasonable one I haven't heard before.

The democrats are to blame. They attack the family from every angle and they are getting smaller.

Back when families were generally larger there was less bullying. Looking back, the kids in school that had lots of brothers were seldom bullied more than once. I only had one sister and she would complain to mom everyone was afraid to ask her out b/c of her brothers. The brothers were know to stand their ground when someone came looking for trouble. I never took it to serious but the guy my sister ended up marrying did ask me first before he ask my sister out.

The size of the average family is getting smaller
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-11960183

Old 01-22-2019, 10:23 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,631,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
To the anonymous wimp who dug up a 2 1/2- year-old thread, and repped me with a diatribe against the Catholic church: Stop marinating in negativity. It's a vexation to the spirit.
Oh please share what that said. Please please please!

Old 01-22-2019, 10:25 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,802,265 times
Grasping that other people’s words don’t define you is a critical life skill.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:31 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,802,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

The democrats are to blame. They attack the family from every angle and they are getting smaller.

Back when families were generally larger there was less bullying. Looking back, the kids in school that had lots of brothers were seldom bullied more than once. I only had one sister and she would complain to mom everyone was afraid to ask her out b/c of her brothers. The brothers were know to stand their ground when someone came looking for trouble. I never took it to serious but the guy my sister ended up marrying did ask me first before he ask my sister out.

Family size peaked 60 years ago.

Siblings bully their siblings more so than peers.

Not allowing other people’s words to define you is a life skill that some never learn.

Pre teen/ teen suicides tend to occur in spontaneous geographical clusters with the most recent suicide inspiring the next.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:51 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,685,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Family size peaked 60 years ago.

Siblings bully their siblings more so than peers.

Not allowing other people’s words to define you is a life skill that some never learn.

Pre teen/ teen suicides tend to occur in spontaneous geographical clusters with the most recent suicide inspiring the next.

I see one point of agreement with my theory and highlighted it.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:08 AM

19,731 posts, read 10,153,367 times
A 4th grader here killed himself a couple months ago. His mother was at school every day complaining. The school did nothing. The boy told his mother that a teacher was one of the bullies. Waiting to see what happens.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:09 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,634,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Forget about teachers and school, they won't do anything.

Teach your kids self defense. That is how you do it.

I've been bullied once, by a fat girl. My two big brothers picked me up from school, and they also taught me to fight back. Bully me once, shame on you, bully me twice, shame on me. This said, some kids will still become the victim of bullying. The nasty kids need to be taught a lesson. Their parents should be publicly shamed for raising nasty children.
Yep, parents should be teaching their kids to defend themselves, cannot expect or rely on the school, or teachers to do this for you.

The kid should have beat the living daylights out of the bully one day, that would have stopped the bullying instantly.

Old 01-22-2019, 12:04 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,716,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

If ever there was a post to not dignify with a response it is this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies