Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2016, 12:26 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
There are no privacy laws regarding information like State Records being used for State purposes(Registration of voters). There are privacy laws regarding sharing government information with things outside of the government.
Note:

You must have an Employer Identification Number (EIN) to enroll in CBSV. If you need an EIN, contact the IRS.
About CBSV

The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), the Privacy Act at 5 U.S.C. § 552a (b), section 1106 of the Social Security Act, codified at 42 U.S.C. § 1306, and SSA regulation at 20 C.F.R. § 401.100 provide legal authority for disclosure of SSN verifications from SSA records.
CBSV is typically used by companies that provide banking and mortgage services, process credit checks, provide background checks, satisfy licensing requirements, etc.
With the consent of the SSN holder, CBSV can verify if the SSN holder’s name, date of birth, and SSN match SSA’s records. CBSV returns a match verification of “yes” or “no.” If our records show that the SSN holder is deceased, CBSV returns a death indicator. CBSV does not verify an individual’s identity.
Fees include a one-time $5,000 initial enrollment fee, and a fee per-SSN verification transaction. The CBSV transaction fee can change at any time.
SSA may close enrollment and suspend services at any time. Questions about CBSV may be emailed to: ssa.cbsv@ssa.gov.
Note:

CBSV does not verify identity, citizenship, employment eligibility, nor does it interface with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) verification system. CBSV verifications do not satisfy DHS’s I-9 requirements.

Show me where, who and how an employee checks/verifies a persons name against a ss# listed on voter registration applications.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 12:31 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,396,690 times
i always wonder why people are fighting so hard, not to get an id. if fraud is not a problem then having id would insure its not a problem. it seem like people dont want an id so they can hide from someone or use false information to create another crime. maybe we ought to just micro chip everybody with satellite real time tracking

Old 09-16-2016, 12:37 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,815,089 times
Without any ID requirements and the left wing wanting a largely undefended border, what will stop Al Qaeda or ISIS sleeper agents from crossing the border, the left granting them amnesty, and then winning elections in small towns before ultimately securing the Presidency?

Old 09-16-2016, 12:39 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,656 times
Quote:
in IL you can vote once released from jail. A person that is released from jail has been considered to have served their sentence and for the most part can do anything.
That's not what you said, I guess you've gone to the full weasel mode.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:40 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,656 times
Quote:
Ok, so there is wide spread forgery going on in the United States?
What color is the sky on your planet?

Old 09-16-2016, 12:41 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,510,561 times
It never has. Never. You need an ID for every dang thing you use from government benefits to banking. All the Dems want is the ability for someone to be able to vote illegally.. Simple.
Everyone has a bank account, so all voting should be done through and account. One persons checking account, one vote. Simple. Most secure system out there.
And they cant say they don't have electronics anymore.

Old 09-16-2016, 01:33 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i always wonder why people are fighting so hard, not to get an id. if fraud is not a problem then having id would insure its not a problem. it seem like people dont want an id so they can hide from someone or use false information to create another crime. maybe we ought to just micro chip everybody with satellite real time tracking
Lets not get that extreme.
But yeah, what is the big deal. Most people already have a photo ID. Photo IDs are easy to get and not that expensive, often free, contrary to what a handful want to believe.

Old 09-16-2016, 01:52 PM

1,478 posts, read 789,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
They are issued a birth certificate at birth. Now days the SS application is sent in with the Birth registration so before you leave the hospital two forms of ID are already in the works. With these documents you can get a third identification, a DL or other state photo ID.

Most US citizens have no problem with this as it takes very little effort or money.
Yeah, I know, I have a birth certificate and a social security card. Lost my ss card once and had to fill out paper work in a different state I was living in to get a new paper card issued. Wasn't very difficult.

Old 09-16-2016, 02:00 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
.....more than any other group?

Serious question, as I would like to know.

Thx much.
"Minorities" in and of itself is not just one particular "group."

I'll note that I worked in housing for a number of years, primarily for senior housing communities and voter ID laws do disparately affect seniors in particular. We had a lot of black and white seniors who had issues with not having ID to vote when they had voted before. This was primarily due to the same reasons cited in the link on the first page of this post in the WP where the man featured stated his name didn't match what was on file for him and he had to pay $250 or more to get it fixed. Seniors cannot afford that all the time.

One of our seniors was a white woman (white women are considered "minorities" BTW) and she was in her late 70s, had been born at home and had been married and divorced twice but kept her second husband's last name due to having children with him after they divorced some 20 years ago or more. It took her nearly a year to get a birth certificate (she never had had an "official" birth certificate due to her age and being born at home), to get documentation of her marriages and divorces that would satisfy the requirements of her name. Then to pay to get a new ID. It cost her over $500 and a year to get this straightened out and was a waste of time IMO when she was an old lady who just wanted to vote in an election.

There were black seniors who faced similar issues as above.

I personally do feel that these new laws also cause women who are married to be discriminated against based on us having to provide more "proof" of our existence due to taking a spouse's name when married (name doesn't match BC). This is one of the reasons why I kept my birth name when I married. I didn't want to have issues with all that.

Old 09-16-2016, 02:03 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Lets not get that extreme.
But yeah, what is the big deal. Most people already have a photo ID. Photo IDs are easy to get and not that expensive, often free, contrary to what a handful want to believe.
Most people do already have an ID. However, many states for their voter ID law on accept "approved" forms of ID and sometimes people don't have an "approved" form and have to go to great lengths to get an "approved" form of identification.

Also, anyone aged 50 or more may not have their birth certificate or a SS card available and an SS card is not an "approved" ID in all states.

I know that the senior white woman I mentioned above, she had an old expired DL and a generic state ID that was also expired. Prior to changing the law in the state she lived in for voter ID, her expired IDs were "proof" enough of her identity. Also, when she voted she could bring her registration card (everyone gets a voter registration card) and that was "proof" enough. She had to get a new state ID card and so had to jump through all those hoops to get one. The worse one to get was her BC and you cannot get a picture ID anymore without a BC unless you have a passport. She didn't have a passport and to get a passport your need a BC.

I think too many of you have no idea that some people were never issued official birth certificates like you are used to looking at today. Also the social security administration was instituted during the actual lives of many of the seniors today who want to vote. They did not all get social security cards at birth. And if they don't drive there is no reason for them to have a DL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies