Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2016, 04:23 PM

3,698 posts, read 5,009,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I already posted the info from the SSA (applies for Medicare, as well):

Evidence of Age
In general, you must provide your birth certificate. In some situations, we may accept another document that
shows your age. Some of the other documents we may accept are:
U.S. hospital record of your birth (created at the time of birth)
Religious record established before age five showing your age or date of birth
Passport
Final Adoption Decree (the adoption decree must show that the birth information was taken from the original
birth certificate)

And, yes, any of that does indeed have to be documented as valid.
However none of that verifies the fact that you live in the prescient in which you intend to vote nor does it having any bearing on the expiration dates of your ID. You signed up for Medicare in 1995, you forgot to renew your driver's licenses last week. You can't vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 04:44 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,353,692 times
Quote:

And people actually have been convicted of illegal multiple voting.

Ohioan gets 5-year prison term for illegal voting
Two who submitted absentee ballots of people (friends or relatives) who died and two poll workers who voted additional times.

You could put every restrive law in place that you want, and it would not have stopped any of these.

In two of the three pending cases (as far as I can find info on), are husbands/wives who filled out and sent in their spouses absentee ballot, after they died.

Last edited by plannine; 09-04-2016 at 04:53 PM..

Old 09-04-2016, 04:57 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,408,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The point is that a decent segment of poor minorities do not
its less than 1 % of the population that does not have valid I.D

Old 09-04-2016, 05:34 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,894,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
If so how are poor blacks less able to get a photo ID then poor whites or other races?
And there are more poor whites than any other group. So voter ID would disproportionally affect whites not blacks and other races. And liberals are always saying dumb, poor whites are always voting against their interest by voting for republicans.

Old 09-04-2016, 06:54 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,383,320 times
Quote:
No, it's actually about NOT disenfranchising those who have the legal right to vote. Illegal aliens and legally present non-citizen residents, for example, don't have the right to vote.
The results from south FL was that many permanent residents did vote illegally. They however had perfectly good photo ID. They got caught by the media as they voted but got out of jury duty by claiming to be non citizens. So there goes that idea. The 3 recent incidents in NV all involved people with perfectly good photo ID. The one large voter scandal here involved 25 or so absentee ballots.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:26 PM

11,367 posts, read 16,746,710 times
My God, this is 2016, not 1916.

I can't believe people and I don't care who they are can't get proper ID.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:36 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,503,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
However none of that verifies the fact that you live in the prescient in which you intend to vote nor does it having any bearing on the expiration dates of your ID. You signed up for Medicare in 1995, you forgot to renew your driver's licenses last week. You can't vote.

You're saying homeless people can't vote?

Old 09-04-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
My God, this is 2016, not 1916.

I can't believe people and I don't care who they are can't get proper ID.

For some reason, they tend to insist on cash.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
I actually think that states should give people free IDs. Drivers licenses, no, but IDs... yes.

I'm sure the costs involved with just IDs are probably very minimal. It takes 10 minutes at the DMV, and the plastic card cost is probably less than a dollar.

Arizona is amazing; drivers get a license that expires on your 65th birthday, so you never have to renew it. I'm guessing the usual renewal testing is done when you renew your car registration every year.

Kinda makes life a lot easier. Why can't more states do that?

Old 09-04-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
When was the last time you had to pick up a prescription for Oxycontin? You do indeed have to show a photo ID for that, and for OTC cold/flu pills containing pseudoephedrine (NOT a narcotic). OTC means that a prescription isn't required to acquire it.

Just stop already with the lame excuses.

I would be quite surprised if a pharmacy refused to fill a valid Oxy script (or sell OTC Sudafed) because the patient's license was expired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies