Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2016, 08:16 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times

Advertisements

Everyone knows the "people don't have IDs" excuse is completely bogus.

Additionally, even in states with voter ID laws, all the old and disabled people they talk about can still vote without an ID.. They request a ballot by mail and then send it in. It has postage on it. They don't have to leave your home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 08:21 AM

89,045 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

Additionally, even in states with voter ID laws, all the old and disabled people they talk about can still vote without an ID.. They request a ballot by mail and then send it in. It has postage on it. They don't have to leave your home.
Exactly, because absentee ballots are signature matched. I absentee ballot because I have homes in multiple states, but vote in only one.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:30 AM

11,795 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Anywhere from 6% – 11% of voting-age US citizens don’t have a valid form of state ID. Roughly 2% are registered voters. There is no reason that photo ID should not be required and I'm sure most of that 2% interested in voting would find ways to get photo id.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:11 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Voter fraud at the polls is almost nonexistent in the US; making it harder for the young, old, poor (presumed Democrats) is not part of the electoral process no matter what Fox news tells America.
If you don't require ID to vote then how can you expect to have any realistic and accurate data on how much voter fraud actually occurs?

How much fraud is acceptable to you?

Old 09-05-2016, 10:35 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
You're "crowing" because you found 1? A special Voter's ID...not an official MD ID...which still costs.

Still waiting for that "most of the states" proof.
YOU are the one claiming NONE and post a site for your "proof"

Using YOUR site I found 2 without much trying.

I would bet there are OTHERS.

Try READING what YOUR post stated.

"MD
  • Older than 65 years old: ID Card is free.
  • Disabled: ID Card is free."
What part of "FREE" do you not understand?

The issue is a VALID photo ID for VOTING.

It is YOUR site, YOU look them up.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:50 AM

3,697 posts, read 5,000,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Ok, explain to me how one does vote multiple times."

I would NOT claim "multiple" time but certainly 2 times.

I know people who did NOT get their old states drivers license taken by the DMV when they moved to another state and got a NEW license in that new state.

Therefore they have 2 driver's licenses.

The CAN vote in both state if they wish.

Many want a college student ID to be a valid ID for voting.

A school ID does NOT have ANYTHING to do with where you are "resident".

You can have a driver's license from your registration home state and vote there AND if college ID is taken as valid WITHOUT changing your "residence" in that state, and you go to school "out of state" you could vote AGAIN in the schools state.
Yes, but the logistics of it. Maybe in the Primary election, but not in the general election unless you will be traveling between states on election day or are abusing the mail in ballot. How does showing ID stop this one? They will have a valid ID from both states and absentee ballots don't require much in the way of identification(i.e. who really filled that ballot out?).

A College student that is not living in a dorm, would indeed reside in the state(they could be paying rent). Or they could be going to school in the same state that they live in.

Old 09-05-2016, 12:01 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,446,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
YOU are the one claiming NONE and post a site for your "proof"

Using YOUR site I found 2 without much trying.

I would bet there are OTHERS.

Try READING what YOUR post stated.

"MD
  • Older than 65 years old: ID Card is free.
  • Disabled: ID Card is free."
What part of"FREE"do you not understand?

The issue is a VALID photo ID for VOTING.

It is YOUR site, YOU look them up.
ROTFLMAO! My site? I wish, could use the $$$. 2--3---10---is still not "most of the States"
You do know that the line right below your truncated quote states the fees for renewal of ID?

Yes..that is the issue...
Nonetheless, I'm glad that a small number of States are getting on-board with the free ID for voting--as I posted earlier, that seems to be a common-sense solution--if there are going to be ID requirements to vote.

Old 09-05-2016, 12:24 PM

1,050 posts, read 506,053 times
Quote:

FACT: The types of IDs that are accepted under voter ID laws are specifically the types fewest minorities have. The means of obtaining acceptable IDs is commonly prohibitive to most minorities due to cost or travel requirements.

FACT: voter fraud that IDs would potentially prevent are so few in number as to be statistically non-existent and do not threaten elections.

FACT: most if not all studies being presented by voter ID advocates in which duplicate voter registration has been investigated are rendered obviously worthless by claiming that "Andrew Robinson" in South Carolina is the same person as "Andrew Robinson" in California.

Given these facts, the call for voter IDs is a corrupt policy that disenfranchises legal voters and should not be legislated.

And the right screams that they are strictly against corruption in politics. Riiiiiiiiight.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:25 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:

Yep people wanting to vote without IDs at most should be given provisional ballots that require providing more personal information to be checked later before their vote is counted. They should not be given regular ballots if any ballot at all.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:30 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yep people wanting to vote without IDs at most should be given provisional ballots that require providing more personal information to be checked later before their vote is counted. They should not be given regular ballots if any ballot at all.
NV and many places use a signature check. That is the same standard as is used on many absentee ballots. If that is not sufficient why not fix the absentee ballot first? Absentee ballots are of course a much bigger known source of voting fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies