Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2016, 01:31 PM

3,697 posts, read 5,000,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
If you don't require ID to vote then how can you expect to have any realistic and accurate data on how much voter fraud actually occurs?

How much fraud is acceptable to you?
Because the most effective type of voting fraud does not require an ID at all. Hint it does not even require a voter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 06:32 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,763 times
I'm pretty sure that most minorities have the proper IDs for voting. I don't think that has really been the discussion.

I think the discussion has always been about whether making it harder for those who do not have the "proper IDs" for voting is politically motivated. I think we all know the answer to that.

Old 09-05-2016, 06:38 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I'm pretty sure that most minorities have the proper IDs for voting. I don't think that has really been the discussion.

I think the discussion has always been about whether making it harder for those who do not have the "proper IDs" for voting is politically motivated. I think we all know the answer to that.
And we know making it easier for those without proper ID to vote is politically motivated too. If those voting without ID were predominately Republican voters, you can bet the "no ID voting" advocates would be reversing their position.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:02 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,910,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Agreed on ID.

Why cut off early voting?

Why not allow same day registration?
I have always had an issue with early voting. Reason being is that if it is too far ahead, votes could be cast before all relevant information is available. Sometimes info comes to light which could change people's minds. I would want to limit how far ahead of time people could vote or have the results delayed some, so mail in votes could be counted.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:07 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly, because absentee ballots are signature matched. I absentee ballot because I have homes in multiple states, but vote in only one.
If you vote in person the signature also needs to match, why is it acceptable for absentee ballots but not for voting in a poll booth.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The point is that a decent segment of poor minorities do not and this was specifically done to make it difficult for them to vote."

What a bunch of racist B.S.

What makes a "poor minority" any different then a poor white or any race for that matter?

This question has been asked NUMEROUS times in all these forums and it is NEVER answered.
Blacks and Hispanics make up the largest minority that they were addressing in the legislation passed in NC and other states that found the need for these changes.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
If you don't require ID to vote then how can you expect to have any realistic and accurate data on how much voter fraud actually occurs?

How much fraud is acceptable to you?
That is backwards, prove the fraud then require the ID's as a solution not the other way around.

Besides they didn't even address absentee ballots, why?

Old 09-06-2016, 01:20 AM

9,139 posts, read 5,806,242 times
I don't know how anyone functions in society without identification.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:21 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,743,613 times
The same holds true for other "rights". No identification should be required to purchase a firearm either. We don't want to suppress anyone's natural right to self defense.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:24 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Everyone knows the "people don't have IDs" excuse is completely bogus.

Additionally, even in states with voter ID laws, all the old and disabled people they talk about can still vote without an ID.. They request a ballot by mail and then send it in. It has postage on it. They don't have to leave your home.

In what states do absentee ballots have postage on it? Not anywhere I have lived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies