Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 09:52 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
That is EXACTLY what you did. Now take your ball and go home.
A couple days ago in another thread I had someone tell me I was only being factual because I had an agenda.

I asked what this agenda was and for the person to back it up. After attempting to do so they took the high and Noble road and apologized.

Where did I say that the police are never justified to shoot?

Old 10-20-2016, 09:59 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,565,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
A couple days ago in another thread I had someone tell me I was only being factual because I had an agenda.

I asked what this agenda was and for the person to back it up. After attempting to do so they took the high and Noble road and apologized.

Where did I say that the police are never justified to shoot?
I guess if I had to ballpark it I would say in about 99% of your posts about police shootings. That is just and estimate, +- 2%

Old 10-20-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
I guess if I had to ballpark it I would say in about 99% of your posts about police shootings. That is just and estimate, +- 2%
Right....I didn't.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:16 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Ditto.
If that's not your position, I've yet to see you offer a contrary one.

Every time someone refutes what you say, you want to move the goalpost and claim that you didn't mean what you have very plainly been saying.

Try not being so obtuse for a change and just spit it out.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
If that's not your position, I've yet to see you offer a contrary one.
I don't know how to tactfylly state this so......this is a statement based upon small thinking.....to explain.

Say we have 500 people shot by the police. 6 are controversial and posted here and I questions the actions of the police in those six, to you that means I also do not justify the other 494.

Quote:
Every time someone refutes what you say, you want to move the goalpost and claim that you didn't mean what you have very plainly been saying.

Try not being so obtuse for a change and just spit it out.
No one has refuted anything I've said

Old 10-20-2016, 11:36 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
I don't know how to tactfylly state this so......this is a statement based upon small thinking.....to explain.

Say we have 500 people shot by the police. 6 are controversial and posted here and I questions the actions of the police in those six, to you that means I also do not justify the other 494.

No one has refuted anything I've said
Because you repeatedly avoid justifying the other 494 even when given the opportunity to do so.

You spend all your time on the 6 even when all the facts of those 6 are not known and you are merely speculating in favor of the suspect.

Old 10-20-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Because you repeatedly avoid justifying the other 494 even when given the opportunity to do so.
The other 494 are not listed here to justify. Is this how it works? If I condemn Senator A for lying I must commend the other 99 for not lying or I'm accusing them of lying also?

Quote:
You spend all your time on the 6 even when all the facts of those 6 are not known and you are merely speculating in favor of the suspect.
I said in my very first post that more facts were needed.

Old 10-21-2016, 03:08 AM

DISTRAUGHT PEOPLE, DEADLY RESULTS

Officers often lack the training to approach the mentally unstable, experts say

More than half the killings involved police agencies that have not provided their officers with state-of-the-art training to deal with the mentally ill. And in many cases, officers responded with tactics that quickly made a volatile situation even more dangerous.

Police shootings: Distraught people, deadly results | The Washington Post

“This a national crisis,” said Chuck Wexler, executive director of the Police Executive Research Forum, an independent research organization devoted to improving policing. “We have to get American police to rethink how they handle encounters with the mentally ill. Training has to change.”

More than training has to change.

In January, for instance, Jonathan Guillory, a white 32-year-old father of two who had worked as a military contractor in Afghanistan, was having what his widow called a mental health emergency. He sought help at a Veterans Affairs hospital in Arizona, his wife, Maria Garcia, told local reporters, but the busy hospital turned him away. Jean Schaefer, a spokeswoman for the Veterans Health Administration in Phoenix, said the hospital had no record of Guillory’s visit. [/i]

Old 10-21-2016, 05:46 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
That isn't exactly what I said so I feel no desire to respond to it.

That is the gist of what you said, feel free to respond or not. It's your prerogative.

Quote:
They have been posted here many times. From demanding I.D. where one does not require one to telling people they can not do something they have every right to do.

We are going to have to insist on better police training.
Asking to see ID is "unlawful"?

Old 10-21-2016, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

Asking to see ID is "unlawful"?
Sorry, I wasn't precise. Demanding to see I.D. in many cases is not a request that one has to lawfully comply to.

“The citizen who has given no good cause for believing he is engaged in [criminal] activity is entitled to proceed on his way without interference” (Page 338 U. S. 177)

Brinegar v. United States – 338 U.S. 160
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies