Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2016, 09:24 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southside89 View Post
Do you have a problem with black people? It's so ridiculous how some white people in previous pages I've read telling how black people should react to a situation, how to protest, how to vote, how to be peaceful and calm, how to feel, how to live their lives, how to breathe, how to sneeze, how to chew, how to dance, how to sing, how to sleep, how to follow the laws, why black people have this and that, black people should do this and that, black people don't need this and that......

With all due respect, please shut up.....clearly you and others on here have a problem mentally with black people with your daily questions & complaints about black lives matter but don't say nothing about the KKK. Hmmm, maybe you one of their members.
If you want to do whatever you want them go your own way and do it. Don't follow other people around and annoy, blame and pester them.

Old 10-21-2016, 09:34 PM

135 posts, read 93,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
You forgot to add "how to drink".

Lol, so ridiculous. It always be the same ones doing the most complaining about black people every day. I be thinking while I'm reading - they are really obsessed and expect black people to obey what they're saying.

Smh

Old 10-21-2016, 09:35 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
And this is why the medical industry should no longer be subsidized by the government. I mean you could get mad at black people. But the real issue here is government. Maybe you should work on eliminating government, and perhaps things will properly fall in line. The problem isn't black people, it's with government.

I like how some of you assume pensions from the government, whilst working (so called "double dipping"), is merely a thing black people do and limited to black people.

First of all, no matter your skin color you can retire from the US military after 20 years service and collect a retirement pension. So, enter at age 18 and retire with monthly pension payments for the rest of your life, at age 38. Then you can go work for the government or private sector and collect a wage from them and retire from that job eventually collecting 401k retirement funds or government pension.

I think (but I'm not certain) if you retire from the military after 30 years then you get 100 percent of your salary as retirement pension. So, an officer off a certain could retire at age 48 and collect a yearly pension of $100,000 and still go work for the government and then collect a second pension.

Or you have conservative, Warhawks like Senator John McCain who triple dip by collecting service connected disability pension, military retirement pension, and a salary as a US Senator.

Is John McCain a Double Dipper? A Triple Dipper?, page 1

Quote:
Big John a Double dipper? Nope! A Triple dipper? Nope. Gosh, are you suggesting McCain is that rare bird, a QUADRUPLE dipper? Yup!
1) Retired from the Navy.
2) Disability rated for injuries sustained in the Vietnam War.
3) Social security.
4) US Senate retirement. (Due later). And IF he is elected president, he will be QUINTUPLE dipper!
5) Presidential retirement. Sweet Jesus! Can we afford him?

US Military Retirement payments. Navy Captain (O6) with over 20 years, retirement pay is $5,115 per month.

19 CA members of Congress take pensions | CalWatchdog.com

Quote:
Former San Diego city councilman and mayoral candidate Carl DeMaio, who brought comprehensive pension reform to San Diego, is taking his fight to Capitol Hill.

A new report published by the GOP congressional candidate identified 102 members of Congress that receive public pensions on top of their congressional salaries. That’s nearly one in five members of Congress that double, and in some cases, triple-dip from taxpayer funds.
Quote:
The report, Congressional Pension Double-Dippers Club, was first published by the Wall Street Journal today and immediately sparked controversy inside and outside the Beltway. The single biggest recipient of a government pension on top of a congressional salary is Rep. Joyce Beatty, D-Ohio, who takes home a whopping $253,323 per year from the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System.
Quote:
As with all pension reform proposals, the report was accompanied by controversy. One complaint: DeMaio’s report excluded Republican U.S. Sen. John McCain.

“McCain received more than $70,000 in pension benefits from the U.S. Navy in 2012, according to a financial disclosure obtained by National Journal,” the UT San Diego’s Joel Hoffmann reports. “DeMaio left McCain off his similar list of pension-receiving legislators, saying in a footnote that military pensions are excluded.”
I've seen some white collar workers work. I'm not talking teachers at community colleges or university professors, they actually work, and some are ridiculously under paid. But I've seen some white collar workers work and to call it work is nearly a lie. I've burned more calories laboring (working) as unemployed and not collecting a cent.

I bring it up because no Senator "works." Not most of them I'm sure. Calling people asking for money, taking your frequent cigarette breaks is not work. Especially when you're getting paid six figures to do it. More like high social status welfare.

Last edited by Frogburn; 10-21-2016 at 09:45 PM..

Old 10-21-2016, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
If you want to do whatever you want them go your own way and do it. Don't follow other people around and annoy, blame and pester them.
Huh?

Obviously you proved my point as far as my previous response.

Old 10-21-2016, 09:46 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Well I am NOT lying, I can tell you that much. And no, I don't have people who report to me (thank God). I have however traveled all over this country and made a lot of good friends who are in management. I'm even good friends with a VP. Considering I don't work with him, you would think he would have said something, but nada. Like I said, it could just be the nature of your industry. You're probably just involved in a super political job.

I work in tech and I'm an data and automation expert. In general if you can't cut it, you won't be in a job long. Every industry is very different. However I would say a vast majority of people really don't care if they fire black employees. It's highly doubtful a black person is going to sue the company since they likely don't have the disposable income needed to get a lawyer.

Sometimes younger employees will try to do this. I remember several years ago, I use to hang out at a Law Library (I like to read stuff), and I remember there were 2 black girls (African immigrants) and they were having a conversation with a lawyer (a black guy). They were trying to research labor laws because they had recently got fired. The lawyer told them that they don't have a case because they were in a state where you can be fired without a reason. It is highly doubtful they ever went beyond that law library.

And for the "other guy", it wasn't even his experience. It was his "wife's" experience. And his wife worked in a hospital, heavily government subsidized, and is the furthest you can't get from corporate America.

Bran, I would never accuse you of lying. I believe your experience is just that. Your experience. Mine was different up until about 12 or 14 years ago.

I know it's the furthest away. The only reason I even shared my experience is because you said it was a government thing, and I countered with, 'not quite'.

I grew up with lawyers, as I've posted before, and can tell you that guy was either wrong or lying to them.

Read this, it will help clear it up:

At-Will Employment and Wrongful Termination - FindLaw

If some lawyer thinks a person was wrongfully terminated for discrimination, they can take the case on contingency. This is actually the norm for certain kinds of lawsuits. That means they don't bill by the hour and they only take their 30% if there's a judgement (meaning they were awarded a dollar amount by the court) or a settlement. No money needed.

Old 10-21-2016, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Huh?

Obviously you proved my point as far as my previous response.
You prove the point that there's no getting through to some people. Once again, stop imposing yourself on others, blaming, annoying and injuring them and they won't have any complaints.

Old 10-21-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You prove the point that there's no getting through to some people. Once again, stop imposing yourself on others, blaming, annoying and injuring them and they won't have any complaints.
Speak for yourself. I'm just telling like it is and it's the truth. You still didn't answer my question regarding do you have a problem with black people?

Old 10-21-2016, 10:19 PM

672 posts, read 699,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Right to work has to do with unions. You mean an at will state.

I do live in an at will state. Just because you can fire someone without a specific reason doesn't mean there won't be a lawsuit claiming some nefarious motive behind it. The two aren't related. I can fire and they can sue.

And like I said, don't believe me, but it's something I heard from the 1980's until early 2000's.
branh0193 and me and a few other posters are on the younger side so this isn't the reality that we face in the workforce. I've been fired before and I know several other black people that have. I have enough sense to know that this probably was the case in the early years of affirmative action and diversity hires. It's 2016, I would think you would need a pretty solid case to file an EEO and win. That's why many companies have a nice paper trail before that let you go.

Old 10-21-2016, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Speak for yourself. I'm just telling like it is and it's the truth. You still didn't answer my question regarding do you have a problem with black people?
I have a problem with anyone that votes for democrats today and imposes themselves, blames, annoys and harms other groups.

Old 10-21-2016, 10:24 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
I like how some of you assume pensions from the government, whilst working (so called "double dipping"), is merely a thing black people do and limited to black people.

First of all, no matter your skin color you can retire from the US military after 20 years service and collect a retirement pension. So, enter at age 18 and retire with monthly pension payments for the rest of your life, at age 38. Then you can go work for the government or private sector and collect a wage from them and retire from that job eventually collecting 401k retirement funds or government pension.

I think (but I'm not certain) if you retire from the military after 30 years then you get 100 percent of your salary as retirement pension. So, an officer off a certain could retire at age 48 and collect a yearly pension of $100,000 and still go work for the government and then collect a second pension.

Or you have conservative, Warhawks like Senator John McCain who triple dip by collecting service connected disability pension, military retirement pension, and a salary as a US Senator.

Is John McCain a Double Dipper? A Triple Dipper?, page 1

19 CA members of Congress take pensions | CalWatchdog.com

I've seen some white collar workers work. I'm not talking teachers at community colleges or university professors, they actually work, and some are ridiculously under paid. But I've seen some white collar workers work and to call it work is nearly a lie. I've burned more calories laboring (working) as unemployed and not collecting a cent.

I bring it up because no Senator "works." Not most of them I'm sure. Calling people asking for money, taking your frequent cigarette breaks is not work. Especially when you're getting paid six figures to do it. More like high social status welfare.

Frogburn, Branh is black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies