Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2016, 11:39 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,770,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Also why is it that no one complains about Telemundo, Univision, or Galavision where the content is not even in English? No one bats an eye at that (take note Stacey Dash!).
People protest those channels all the time and try to force them to carry English programming or be shut down. There are constant protests in front of Univision's corporate headquarters in particular.

Quote:
Asians and Pacific Islanders have several of their own organizations, programs, etc geared towards their empowerment (including their own scholarship fund and LGBT club) but no one says that that's racist or segregationist.
Same issue, people complain about and protest these types of organizations all the time too. You left out Hispanic groups, perhaps aware of the constant backlash against MeCha and NCLR.

Old 10-22-2016, 12:50 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1538 View Post
True. You're post just stood out to me. It felt you were expressing genuine agitation with how you feel instead of trying subliminal insult black people like many of the posters that respond in these threads.

I see the OP point of view also. I really don't see the constant hang-up with BET or some of the other black organizations that people like to bring up and act like it's reverse discrimination. Most of them are legacy type organizations that don't have mainstream relevance anymore anyway. When they came about they were needed at the time. They will eventually run their course. Many posters bring it up just to add fuel to the fire. In the real world they don't care at all because it doesn't have an effect on their life at all.

In 2016 I'm still amazed that sometimes when I'm at stores, I'll hear a song that was originally sung by a black artist but the store version is a white artist. We still have a ways to go.
Thanks, and you're correct. I don't play games, I was genuinely annoyed by the sidetrack discussions that weren't relevant. If I post something honestly, I don't want to have to explain it numerous times, or get a response of, "yeah, but ......" when it has nothing to do with the original topic.

I don't know what the big deal is with BET either, regardless of who owns it, or some of the other things people go on about, other than to repeat many are just annoyed by the blatant double standard and hypocrisy of the media and progressives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1538 View Post
I understood what you meant. I've been on both sides of the fence with the firing process. I didn't directly fire anybody but I've been apart of the process and fired myself or terminated as they like to say today. I saw it coming a mile away. Once a company or person has their eyes set on firing you it's not much you can do in today's workforce.
It's never easy, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Once again, you can vote for Democrats but we can criticize it and we know why people do it. And we're not going to let the government to act as your big brother to bully and walk on us.
*We*? Keep me out of it. If you're going to race-bait, take full credit for it instead of standing behind some perceived group as though you have large numbers backing you.

Quote:
The average black person didn't even give the WLM movement a second thought, it's just not our priority. I think other whites would care more than the avg black. Furthermore I really do t deem it necessary to wear a BLM shirt to prove a point. You can wear s shirt in support of any race or orientation but if you still hold racism or homophobia in your heart, then the shirt does no good.

Regarding colleges, ummmm....I've made some C's before and I didn't get into a top university. I simply went to my local university and don't regret it.
What are you talking about? There is no WLM.

Well, I see by many of the remaining posts that the white and black racists are busy goading one another.

Old 10-22-2016, 12:57 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
The point of BLM has been explained countless times over the years. At this point, if you don't get it, it's because you don't want to. BLM isn't saying that only Black lives matter. It's saying ALL LIVES MATTER, or are supposed to. The reason Black lives are singled out is because it is BLACK LIVES being murdered by police.

The message was obvious from day one. Really, the only people who have a problem with it are racists, who think anything minorities do to uplift themselves is somehow an attack on White people.

I don't dislike Whites, btw, but I do dislike racist Whites.
Quote:
White people have been taught throughout their whole existence that they're the center of the universe, so they think they're entitled to everything. Thus, when a minority group creates a space just for them and it doesn't include straight White men, they don't know how to handle it. They get mad and pout and cry "racism!" instead of just letting people be. They can't help themselves. Because they're so used to getting everything and being taught that the world revolves around them, when something isn't designed for them, they lose it.
Quote:
If Whites didn't believe they were entitled to absolutely everything, threads like these wouldn't exist. :/
You made a grand entrance into the thread with the above posts. I'd say you've already proven what you like and what you don't like, regardless of what you're saying today.

Old 10-22-2016, 01:09 PM

73,038 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I have read a lot of your posts. Some of them were presumably true accounts of what you had encountered in your life. I took them at face value,and have no reason to dispute them.Whenever I post a story of what has been one of my life experiences it is a factual account of what happened to me.I realize trust is a very real issue on the internet. I have a black friend who told me this many years ago......"If you tell a lie,you always have to remember what you said, If you just tell the truth.....you just need to retell it as it happened." I really have no reason to lie..........what would it gain me on CD? I look at these forums as just that. An exchange of life experiences and perceptions of what those experiences have taught us. As far as my recent posts here in this thread... I was merely trying to point out that I am just a little proud of the fact that I tried to do a small part to fight against Racism when I could. I just realized a lot of this occurred before some of you were born.........so you do not really know from Experience what things were really LIKE 40 TO 50 YEARS AGO........I really do at 66 try to recall as best as I can those experiences so long ago........
I will not dispute any of the accounts that you have listed. I've just become more jaded than I've ever been. Some of the experiences I've mentioned, I do it to get some insight. I don't have a reason to lie either. I do tend to question the motives of others. Having dealt with prejudice up close and personal, I wonder why some people mention certain things they do.

I understand this thread about why some people care about what Blacks do so much. One reason I'm on edge.

Old 10-22-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
I think that creating a black independent country somewhere in the South (2-3 states) will solve a lot of problems to everybody.
Can you explain why you think this would be the solution, and how you think this would take place?

Old 10-22-2016, 01:15 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,226,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Thanks, and you're correct. I don't play games, I was genuinely annoyed by the sidetrack discussions that weren't relevant. If I post something honestly, I don't want to have to explain it numerous times, or get a response of, "yeah, but ......" when it has nothing to do with the original topic.

I don't know what the big deal is with BET either, regardless of who owns it, or some of the other things people go on about, other than to repeat many are just annoyed by the blatant double standard and hypocrisy of the media and progressives.

It's never easy, that's for sure.

*We*? Keep me out of it. If you're going to race-bait, take full credit for it instead of standing behind some perceived group as though you have large numbers backing you.

What are you talking about? There is no WLM.

Well, I see by many of the remaining posts that the white and black racists are busy goading one another.
White Lives Matter To Be Listed As Hate Group By Southern Poverty Law Center | Huffington Post

Old 10-22-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Fordham has a scholarship for students of German descent.
There is something for everyone. One reason I find it disturbing that so many threads are about Blacks.

Old 10-22-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Can you explain why you think this would be the solution, and how you think this would take place?
GM, you already know the answer to your question, don't you?

Old 10-22-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There is something for everyone. One reason I find it disturbing that so many threads are about Blacks.
There is, it's just certain things get more attention than others.

Old 10-22-2016, 01:22 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

Well keep your cowardly republican or democrat race-pandering politics and results out of my and other conservatives' lives. You take the refugees, immigrants and those supported by government into your neighborhood and workplace and make everyone equal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies