Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2016, 06:50 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
He's never answered any of my previous replies to his posts so I would categorize him as dismissive. How about we call it the "Privileged Minority" is that better?
The answer to your question was already in his post. The fact that you didn't want to see it and understand it IS THE PROBLEM.

Old 10-22-2016, 07:33 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The answer to your question was already in his post. The fact that you didn't want to see it and understand it IS THE PROBLEM.
Not. And let him answer. He made the claim.

Old 10-22-2016, 07:37 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You can pretend not to understand what I said, but I know you're smarter than that, so again, stop with the bull.

Every single time a thread comes up about evil whitey, it's always about what we aren't doing. Here we have a thread that started out with "why do you all care" and turned in to "we aren't getting enough attention with our all black (whatever)". Then it moved on to how we aren't doing enough to complain about Chinatown and Telemundo. It is always about what non blacks SHOULD be doing, according to black people who come on to City Data and gripe about non black people in thread afte thread after thread after thread.

The message is worn out, boring, and frankly, stupid.
Show me where these threads constantly complaining about Whites are. I have seen maybe one or two.

The title is "why do others care". It is not asking specifically about White people. Chinatown and Telemundo were mentioned as a comparison to how much criticism Black institutions face.

Whenever there are alot of threads obsessingce about Blacks, do you expect me to sit there and be okay with it?

Old 10-22-2016, 08:16 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,226,030 times
You may find those white bashing on YouTube and lipstick alley but I'm not sure if I've seen in on this site. If it's there please show it to me.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:29 PM

50,834 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
White people have been taught throughout their whole existence that they're the center of the universe, so they think they're entitled to everything. Thus, when a minority group creates a space just for them and it doesn't include straight White men, they don't know how to handle it. They get mad and pout and cry "racism!" instead of just letting people be. They can't help themselves. Because they're so used to getting everything and being taught that the world revolves around them, when something isn't designed for them, they lose it.
Exactly right. We saw it with the British Empire back in the days when the sun never set on it, and today it's right here in America.

Old 10-22-2016, 09:42 PM

6,475 posts, read 4,077,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Thousands of teachers in Seattle recently wore "Black Lives Matter' shirts to class (which I think that is fine). If they wore 'White Lives matter,' they would be fired and probably physically attacked.

Also, if I make C's, I can't get into a top university...you could and probably did.
You should become a comedian. Blacks make up about 6% of Ivy league universities or less. If they were truly being thrown in with C's or even B's, they would be the majority of Ivy league universities. You have no idea what your talking about. I have yet to know a Black Student who made it into an ivy league University that didn't average a 4.5 GPA or higher. Every single one of these people I know never were allowed to get a B in their entire high school careers. I know an AA student that had nearly all A's (a few B's in their high school life) and made it into UT... While they do factor in race it doesn't mean you can get into an ivy or top college just on your skin color it might as well be 100% merit based when it comes to actual "Top" Universities.

Old 10-22-2016, 09:53 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
You may find those white bashing on YouTube and lipstick alley but I'm not sure if I've seen in on this site. If it's there please show it to me.
You can find people bashing white folks in this thread, mostly by the black racists, but also self-loathing white guys.

But I will say that for every fifty posts that are anti-black there may be only only a handful that are anti-white.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:00 PM

Talking about racism is not bashing white people. It's addressing an issue that needs to be addressed. So now, I'm asking this: The bashing you mention-Is it actual bashing or is it talking about an important issue?

Old 10-22-2016, 10:08 PM

I see we have really strayed far away from the original topic (i.e. why black platforms get so much backlash, while other ethnic platforms do not face the same volume of scrutiny). That said, I do feel ethnic enclaves can be neat, however they should not be mandated by law. People should be able to live where they want (as long as they can afford it). Some neighborhoods may have a mix of economic classes, most wont. Now, I don't agree with anyone living on section 8 in a wealth neighborhood. If I'm paying $1600 for my mortgage but my neighbor is paying $50 to RENT, I'm going to be hella pissed. With that being said, even among wealthy parts of town, you may have low income enclaves and as a government employee, I can assure you that it's not just black people utilizing these programs.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:16 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Talking about racism is not bashing white people. It's addressing an issue that needs to be addressed. So now, I'm asking this: The bashing you mention-Is it actual bashing or is it talking about an important issue?
Most people in this thread are talking about white people and black people.

A couple of people are bashing white people and a handful are bashing black people. Sorry you can't see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies