Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2016, 01:23 PM

73,116 posts, read 62,771,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
There is, it's just certain things get more attention than others.
Of course. The threads of this subforum are living proof.

Old 10-22-2016, 01:34 PM

73,116 posts, read 62,771,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Don't even try it. You and the OP brought up black owned tv channels, black beauty pageants, black colleges...I just added to the list from previous conversations that have been had on City Data when yet another thread pops up that wants to accuse white people of some such crap when it comes to blacks.

I'm not "obsessed" with black people. Unlike some posters on this board, my life is not filled with "what race is that person and why aren't they b*tching about X, Y, Z?"

People are not "questioning" every thing that black people do. You know what I hear more? People questioning every. last. damn. thing. a white person does. If we have a thought that someone doesn't like, we're "racist" or "bigoted". If we do something that someone doesn't like, we are "racist" or "bigoted". If we try to have a conversation with someone and they don't like what we asked, suddenly we're "obsessed with black people".

Give it a rest. I'm getting sick and tired of people getting all worked up over some huge thing that doesn't. even. exist. except in their own minds.
Actually, you are the one with a problem. You are the one claiming that we are asking for people to do things for Blacks. Nothing of the kind was said. "Black oriented" things like HBCUs, BET, etc, we did not ask you to do anything for those things. You are the one making such stupid assumptions. All we are asking is why anyone cares if things like BET and HBCU's exist. You are the one interjecting stupid stuff into it.

If there isn't such an obsession about Blacks, then why are so many threads about "why do Black people......." some other threads complaining about Blacks. The OP and myself are talking about what we see here in CD.

And no one was talking about YOU personally.

None of what we are talking about is "imagined". If that is your response to that, then you have a problem.

Old 10-22-2016, 01:36 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,655,920 times
What? Well, I sit corrected. Thanks for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Well keep your cowardly republican or democrat race-pandering politics and results out of my and other conservatives' lives. You take the refugees, immigrants and those supported by government into your neighborhood and workplace and make everyone equal.
What a stupid post.

Old 10-22-2016, 01:44 PM

135 posts, read 94,088 times
Quote:
I have a problem with anyone that votes for democrats today and imposes themselves, blames, annoys and harms other groups.
What nobody is understanding is your vote don't count its up to the electoral votes giving only to our representatives of each state. Since this election is rigged to let Hillary win were all in for world of hurt just remember the electoral votes dictate our new president not our lowly votes. People like yourself are part of their plan to divide us. Divide and conquer is in effect......

Old 10-22-2016, 01:48 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,897,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

What a stupid post.
And you singling out my post and misconstruing it in an attempt to virtue signal at my expense isn't?

Old 10-22-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Congressional White Caucus.
That's the KKK & republican meetings.

Old 10-22-2016, 02:00 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,655,920 times
Quote:
And you singling out my post and misconstruing it in an attempt to virtue signal at my expense isn't?
I misconstrued your post? I believe I interpreted it exactly as you intended. This is what you posted that I called stupid:

Quote:
Well keep your cowardly republican or democrat race-pandering politics and results out of my and other conservatives' lives. You take the refugees, immigrants and those supported by government into your neighborhood and workplace and make everyone equal.
I can't decipher what you mean when you wrote, "misconstruing it in an attempt to virtue signal at my expense isn't?" but no, I don't have to do that. I would say you're doing this to yourself, all on your own.

Old 10-22-2016, 02:06 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,897,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I misconstrued your post? I believe I interpreted it exactly as you intended. This is what you posted that I called stupid:

I can't decipher what you mean when you wrote, "misconstruing it in an attempt to virtue signal at my expense isn't?" but no, I don't have to do that. I would say you're doing this to yourself, all on your own.
I thought I might've overreacted but I guess not. I actually agreed with most of your posts but was not including you in "we" or replying in response or agreement to your points, nor "race-baiting". I'm always speaking for myself, and most other people I know and understand. It seemed to me you were 'attacking' me out of left-field literally and figuratively.

Old 10-22-2016, 02:12 PM

30,333 posts, read 23,812,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, you are the one with a problem. You are the one claiming that we are asking for people to do things for Blacks. Nothing of the kind was said. "Black oriented" things like HBCUs, BET, etc, we did not ask you to do anything for those things. You are the one making such stupid assumptions. All we are asking is why anyone cares if things like BET and HBCU's exist. You are the one interjecting stupid stuff into it.

If there isn't such an obsession about Blacks, then why are so many threads about "why do Black people......." some other threads complaining about Blacks. The OP and myself are talking about what we see here in CD.

And no one was talking about YOU personally.

None of what we are talking about is "imagined". If that is your response to that, then you have a problem.
You can pretend not to understand what I said, but I know you're smarter than that, so again, stop with the bull.

Every single time a thread comes up about evil whitey, it's always about what we aren't doing. Here we have a thread that started out with "why do you all care" and turned in to "we aren't getting enough attention with our all black (whatever)". Then it moved on to how we aren't doing enough to complain about Chinatown and Telemundo. It is always about what non blacks SHOULD be doing, according to black people who come on to City Data and gripe about non black people in thread afte thread after thread after thread.

The message is worn out, boring, and frankly, stupid.

Old 10-22-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I'm a black man who hates the BLM movement. It's a statist solution to a statist problem. Why beg the same government taking your rights for rights? The solution is to remove the government violating your rights. I have always found the movement very illogical.
Blacks killing blacks is a crime and is treated as such; however, law enforcement killing innocent black people is not considered a crime since they don't face charges or punishment; that's the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies