Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2016, 08:17 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,226,030 times

Advertisements

I support the original intent of the BLM movement but I hate what many of its followers have turned the movement into. That said, black lives matter, there should be an understood "TOO" or "ALSO" at the end of the slogan.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:19 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,591,728 times
I'm a black man who hates the BLM movement. It's a statist solution to a statist problem. Why beg the same government taking your rights for rights? The solution is to remove the government violating your rights. I have always found the movement very illogical.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:24 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Generally speaking I tend to ignore the opinions of white people. Why take the advice of people who would hate to see me in a higher position than themselves overall. One of the main reasons that there was/is so much HATRED directed at Barack and Michelle Obama was because a LOT of white people are raised to believe that being born white is to be born superior to other races (especially black people) so when certain people are confronted with living proof that they are not superior they tend to lash out.

As much as people will deny it, most races like that THEIR group is not considered the bottom of the totem pole collectively. When they see black people who are not on the bottom or who have achieved more in life than they have they are envious and vindictive. Any black person who is upper middle class or higher knows EXACTLY what I am referring to here.

So I love threads such as this because it reinforces what I already know about the collective motivation and agenda of non-blacks. But what I always find funny is the Hispanics, Asians and other non-whites/non-blacks who pile on in these discussions seeking to win the "Model Minority" crown as if it is desirable position to be the "pet" of white folks LOL.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:28 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
I support the original intent of the BLM movement but I hate what many of its followers have turned the movement into. That said, black lives matter, there should be an understood "TOO" or "ALSO" at the end of the slogan.
I'm not/have never been a supporter of BLM. That organization was infiltrated and usurped VERY early on and is all but useless now.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:40 AM

114 posts, read 77,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
A group claiming all lives matter marching under the banner of Black Lives Matter and protesting only when a black person is killed by police.

Seem hypocritical to me.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:50 AM

88,590 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There are scholarships for Polish-Americans.
Scholarships for Polish-Americans
Fordham has a scholarship for students of German descent.

Old 10-22-2016, 09:00 AM

88,590 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I am a pretty serious genealogist the information below:

is VERY correct!!! Most black people in America can trace their ancestry back to 1870 and the 1870 census, was the first to list former slaves. That is over 150 years worth of ancestry. Many whites who are from groups who were persected and even those who were just poor and have recent immigrant ancestors cannot trace their ancestry back as far as a black American can.

This is not true at all. Hope you are not buying into a lot of black nationalist stuff as I see them say this a lot. I am black American and I have documented my family history back on my dad's side to the late 1600s and Colonial Virginia. I found I have 6 lines that were free people of color and so I found a lot of information on them (2 on dad's side and 4 on my mom's side, both were shocking to find!).

Of my enslaved ancestors, I have traced a few lines of them to the late 1700s. A majority though only back to the 1860s. However, that is over 150 years worth of genealogy and these were my 4th and 5th great grandparents.
It depends on the record-keeping. Edward Ball's book Slaves In The Family, in which he researched his ancestors' slaves and tracked down some of their descendants, was able to be written because the Ball family kept meticulous records over the centuries.

Old 10-22-2016, 09:51 AM

30,259 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I will worry about who starts those later, as they already exist. Why are you bringing up stuff that I'm not even asking about? I'm not asking anyone to start any of those things. The fact that you are asking those questions is indicative of the obsession over Blacks. That is what we are asking. The OP is not asking you to do anything for Black people. He's asking why so many people question everything that Black people do.
Don't even try it. You and the OP brought up black owned tv channels, black beauty pageants, black colleges...I just added to the list from previous conversations that have been had on City Data when yet another thread pops up that wants to accuse white people of some such crap when it comes to blacks.

I'm not "obsessed" with black people. Unlike some posters on this board, my life is not filled with "what race is that person and why aren't they b*tching about X, Y, Z?"

People are not "questioning" every thing that black people do. You know what I hear more? People questioning every. last. damn. thing. a white person does. If we have a thought that someone doesn't like, we're "racist" or "bigoted". If we do something that someone doesn't like, we are "racist" or "bigoted". If we try to have a conversation with someone and they don't like what we asked, suddenly we're "obsessed with black people".

Give it a rest. I'm getting sick and tired of people getting all worked up over some huge thing that doesn't. even. exist. except in their own minds.

Exhibit A:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Generally speaking I tend to ignore the opinions of white people. Why take the advice of people who would hate to see me in a higher position than themselves overall. One of the main reasons that there was/is so much HATRED directed at Barack and Michelle Obama was because a LOT of white people are raised to believe that being born white is to be born superior to other races (especially black people) so when certain people are confronted with living proof that they are not superior they tend to lash out.

As much as people will deny it, most races like that THEIR group is not considered the bottom of the totem pole collectively. When they see black people who are not on the bottom or who have achieved more in life than they have they are envious and vindictive. Any black person who is upper middle class or higher knows EXACTLY what I am referring to here.

So I love threads such as this because it reinforces what I already know about the collective motivation and agenda of non-blacks. But what I always find funny is the Hispanics, Asians and other non-whites/non-blacks who pile on in these discussions seeking to win the "Model Minority" crown as if it is desirable position to be the "pet" of white folks LOL.
That's the horse crap that goes on these boards more often than not. So you all can spare me your drama about anything related to anyone who isn't black.

We hear or read all of these claims, yet no one ever produces stats to show that those claims are true. What you feel is your own reality, but it is not necessarily, nor usually, close to what is actually going on.

I find it hilarious that you and OP or anyone else would ask why people question what blacks do on a thread questioning what non-blacks do.

"I've never heard..." is not factual. You think no one complains about Telemundo. You think no one complains that a channel is in all Spanish. You think that no one says anything about certain groups segregating themselves into little neighborhoods.

The reality is, people do. It's another one of those, "Well I've never heard it, seen it, done it, therefore it's not true" idiotic beliefs. So let's start a whole thread where we continue to move the goal posts when we don't like the answers we are getting.

You're not going to get those answers unless you're talking to some weak ass sheep who believes they should feel guilty over anything related to blacks.

I question what people do, I don't question what a group does because, in case I have not made it clear the hundreds of times I've said it, I cannot stand this grouping and labeling of people by race or ethnicity. To me, you're a person, not a black person. You may be black, but that doesn't mean jack sh to me. The color of your skin doesn't control your thoughts and actions, so wtf do I care what color you are? Your brain controls your thoughts and actions, that is what I concern myself with.

Old 10-22-2016, 11:01 AM

While the initial post may have been a bit of a rant the bulk of my responses have been controlled. You need to take a chill pill.

Last edited by pandorafan5687; 10-22-2016 at 11:14 AM..

Old 10-22-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I need to call this one out. Who are the first people to insult blacks when they "stray" outside the stereotypes that you talk about?

Hint: It's not white people.
Funny, you mention that. I have family members who get absolutely tickled when I speak becauseI don't use slot of slang.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies