Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2016, 08:48 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,587,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Fortune 500 and Fortune 200 companies, along with mid-sized companies.

Don't believe me, but I know many white people who were told the same thing.

I call BS on that. If you can't just fire an employee at will, then you must work in a state that's not "right to work". But most states are "right to work"

Old 10-21-2016, 08:48 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,869,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
it's so frustrating discussing anything racial with them because some of them absolutely refuse to see things from another person's perspective..
I know that feeling.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:49 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Not sure where you work, but black people get fired all the time in corporate America. I also work in corporate America, and I'm a black man. I've been fired before, and I know plenty of people who are black who have been fired before. The whole narrative of "we can't fire blacks" is false. And on my resume I have worked at quite a few fortune 500 and fortune 100 companies at a fairly high level. I'm not sure what twisted version of corporate America you live in. The one I've worked in any race of people can get fired and DO get fired.

EDIT: The only place where you need actual paperwork to fire someone is in government. At least from my experience. I use to work for the government for 3 years, and it is the only place where extensive paperwork was needed to fire someone. It didn't really have anything to do with race, but the fact that government jobs are super protected. There was a guy I worked with who was fired twice before, but had to be reinstated due to the lack of paperwork from the manager. In one case he was fired for 2 years, but got his job back and got 2 years of retroactive back pay.

But that's government NOT corporate America.

That is NOT my experience at all. One of the things the Fortunes did a great job with was to spend a lot of money training people who had staff reporting to them, and they repeated over and over the importance of detailed documentation when taking corrective action and terminating people.

Even small companies have come to see the importance of it, in today's litigious society.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:51 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
I call BS on that. If you can't just fire an employee at will, then you must work in a state that's not "right to work". But most states are "right to work"
Right to work has to do with unions. You mean an at will state.

I do live in an at will state. Just because you can fire someone without a specific reason doesn't mean there won't be a lawsuit claiming some nefarious motive behind it. The two aren't related. I can fire and they can sue.

And like I said, don't believe me, but it's something I heard from the 1980's until early 2000's.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:51 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It's completely my business how a group votes and why. The democrats want to control and regulate everything under the sun and is flat simply hostile to me. Stop voting for the government to step on me and stop flooding my neighborhood by government support and I won't have any complaints.
The whole post is paternalistic. A plantation mentality. Your business is how you vote and not what others do. Do you know that your party is homogeneous? Ever wonder why?

If you don't want Americans in your neighborhood, tough luck. However, there is always the option to go back to Europe or wherever.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:52 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,014,372 times
Apparently its useless to try and make the point that some white people fought to reverse racism in this country. Or maybe its just the younger generation.......

Old 10-21-2016, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Let me give you my perspective. As a white person, I know you can crap on and abuse a white worker and treat them discriminatory and fire them without cause. You can refuse to hire a white person or promote them. What is he going to do? The EEOC won't care. Lawyers won't take your case because judges won't award in a white complainants favor. I've seen this from observation so no sense telling me it doesn't happen a lot.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:54 PM

613 posts, read 463,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Personally I don't give a rats ass what blacks do. If they want all black whatever orgaization school show etc BUT they should allow whites to have all white whatever too
Such as...everything else?

The reason isn't an all White _______ because Whites simply aren't disadvantaged in this society the way Blacks are. Even a poor White person has much more privilege than a poor Black person. These groups are made to bring Black people together and uplift them. Even if there's a group that doesn't SAY it's all White, you better believe there tons of organizations out there that operate as if they are.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Such as...everything else?

The reason isn't an all White _______ because Whites simply aren't disadvantaged in this society the way Blacks are. Even a poor White person has much more privilege than a poor Black person. These groups are made to bring Black people together and uplift them. Even if there's a group that doesn't SAY it's all White, you better believe there tons of organizations out there that operate as if they are.
If you would just move to a country with no whites, all your problems and complainants would fade away.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:58 PM

613 posts, read 463,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Apparently its useless to try and make the point that some white people fought to reverse racism in this country. Or maybe its just the younger generation.......
So are you saying that Black people need to be more appreciative of Whites because not all of them were completely terrible? I hope I'm reading your post wrong.

Quote:
If you would just move to a country with no whites, all your problems and complainants would fade away.
I feel like you're purposely missing the point of all my posts and I wish you'd stop quoting me. It's clear you're not interested in having a conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies