Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2016, 06:43 AM

30,378 posts, read 19,177,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Erm....way to undermine any achievement of Black people. If they get into a top college, obviously it's because of affirmative action.

Black lives matter is a movement is a asking for equality, to be treated fairly by the police instead of being killed on the spot for often times doing nothing wrong in that moment. White Lives Matter is what racists say to mock that movement, so if the teachers wore shirts that said WLM, then they would have deserved their firings.

It's clear that many of the CD posters, at least the ones who complain about Blacks day in and day out, are racists and I wish they would just own it. Know that when you all get so defensive whenever you're called out on your racism, we see through it.
Back at you....you are so racist and don't even know it by saying Black Lives matter is great and White Lives Matter is racist. i want everyone to be successful and happy regardless of color....I don't think you can say that truthfully.

Old 10-22-2016, 06:58 AM

613 posts, read 463,850 times
The point of BLM has been explained countless times over the years. At this point, if you don't get it, it's because you don't want to. BLM isn't saying that only Black lives matter. It's saying ALL LIVES MATTER, or are supposed to. The reason Black lives are singled out is because it is BLACK LIVES being murdered by police.

The message was obvious from day one. Really, the only people who have a problem with it are racists, who think anything minorities do to uplift themselves is somehow an attack on White people.

I don't dislike Whites, btw, but I do dislike racist Whites.

Old 10-22-2016, 07:08 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
Maybe blacks could do it covertly like everyone else.

Despite what everyone is saying,everyone does it.

For example,you do not hear Indians or Chinese announce "Chinese School".

WHat they do is hire only other Chinese,go to a school and live in an area where they are the majority,etc.

Old 10-22-2016, 07:22 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Simple, when society says one group is allowed to do something while another is not, it's a problem that draws attention.
Funny stuff. LOL

Old 10-22-2016, 07:53 AM

114 posts, read 77,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
The point of BLM has been explained countless times over the years. At this point, if you don't get it, it's because you don't want to. BLM isn't saying that only Black lives matter. It's saying ALL LIVES MATTER, or are supposed to. The reason Black lives are singled out is because it is BLACK LIVES being murdered by police.

The message was obvious from day one. Really, the only people who have a problem with it are racists, who think anything minorities do to uplift themselves is somehow an attack on White people.

I don't dislike Whites, btw, but I do dislike racist Whites.
If they believe all live matter then why didn't they just call the movement from the start and avoid the whole racial issue?

Personally I don't care about the movements whether it be Black Lives Matter, Asian Lives Matter, Hispanic Lives Matter, whatever.

But, if they represent everyone, in response to your All Lives Matter comment then why are they only protesting when a cop kills a black person? If what you say is true then why not a white or Hispanic person? Why don't they protest the inner city murders of Chicago, Baltimore and the like? Is it because those killed by cops matter more?

Old 10-22-2016, 08:00 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,292,527 times
Congressional White Caucus.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:02 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,350,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJ13 View Post
If they believe all live matter then why didn't they just call the movement from the start and avoid the whole racial issue?

Personally I don't care about the movements whether it be Black Lives Matter, Asian Lives Matter, Hispanic Lives Matter, whatever.

But, if they represent everyone, in response to your All Lives Matter comment then why are they only protesting when cop kills someone? Why don't they protest the inner city murders of Chicago, Baltimore and the like? Is it because those killed by cops matter more?
Given that this month is Breast Cancer awareness month would it be appropriate for me to walk through a Breast Cancer walk with a shirt and picket sign announcing that all cancers kill?

You just proved Love Mysterious's point...

Old 10-22-2016, 08:04 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So you'd be ok with a Miss White USA and a white students union?
But I bet you are perfectly fine with Univision, Telemundo, Nuestra Belleza, the Latin Grammy, telenovelas, La Raza, Mechca and ALL of the other organizations for Latinos only, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EnJfo3Xbbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49bU4SggMdA

Old 10-22-2016, 08:06 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,767,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
**WHEN I SAY "WHAT BLACKS ARE DOING", I'M NOT REFERRING TO BLACKS THAT ARE COMMITTING CRIME. I'M NOT REFFERING TO THE UNDERCLASS**

Why does everyone REALLY care if blacks have our own institutions and organizations (e.g. BET, UNCF, Black History Month, HBCUs, BLM award shows etc)? I ask this based on what I'm reading on this site and what I'm seeing lately on TV and in my own life. A large percentage of other races want NOTHING to do w/ us so why is it that when we decide to give them what they want they claim we are self-segregating?
You have whites who will literally pull their children out of schools when the black population gets to be 20%, they will sell their homes when they see they have a black neighbor, they will even start their OWN school systems separate from the county so that their children do not have to go to school with black kids but will then complain about a "black college" (HISTORICALLY black college/university). Do TWI's(Traditionally White Institutions) not exist? Also, wasn't it whites that at one time made segregation a LAW? With that in mind, why do you care so much that a black person gets on here asking about a "black middle class neighborhood"?

Also why is it that no one complains about Telemundo, Univisioin, or Galavision where the content is not even in English? No one bats an eye at that (take note Stacey Dash!).

Asians and Pacific Islanders have several of their own organizations, programs, etc geared towards their empowerment (including their own scholarship fund and LGBT club) but no one says that that's racist or segregationist.
Note: I'm not going to just black whites because there are many other minorities that don't want a thing to do w/ blacks either and mind you they may even be going through the same boat but will turn their nose up at a black person.

With that in mind, why is it suddenly a problem when we decide not to care?

P.S. you can take this however you want. Take it as a rant or take it as an interesting discussion. I really do not care at this point because the bulk of you certainly don't care about offending me.
Because black people are 12% of the population, that's why.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:10 AM

114 posts, read 77,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Given that this month is Breast Cancer awareness month would it be appropriate for me to walk through a Breast Cancer walk with a shirt and picket sign announcing that all cancers kill?

You just proved Love Mysterious's point...
The point being?

Why would they care? Cancer is cancer, regardless of where its located it still can kill.

Your comment is a horrible comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies