Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2016, 02:13 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southside89 View Post
What nobody is understanding is your vote don't count its up to the electoral votes giving only to our representatives of each state. Since this election is rigged to let Hillary win were all in for world of hurt just remember the electoral votes dictate our new president not our lowly votes. People like yourself are part of their plan to divide us. Divide and conquer is in effect......
Agree mostly here, but to the bolded why my vote doesn't count is for some odd reason the other identity groups vote 80% against me and there is an immigration pipe line of these voters. Why shouldn't anyone like me be sore about that?

Old 10-22-2016, 04:05 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,226,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You can pretend not to understand what I said, but I know you're smarter than that, so again, stop with the bull.

Every single time a thread comes up about evil whitey, it's always about what we aren't doing.Call me naive, but what the hell are you talking about? Here we have a thread that started out with "why do you all care" and turned in to "we aren't getting enough attention with our all black (whatever)". Then it moved on to how we aren't doing enough to complain about Chinatown and Telemundo. I don't recall asking you to complain about Telemundo or Chinatown. I specifically asked why so much attention was given to black platforms but not others. Distort the words if you want but, nobody's asking you to do jack ****.It is always about what non blacks SHOULD be doing, according to black people who come on to City Data and gripe about non black people in thread afte thread after thread after thread.Funny thing, I get on this forum and it's discussion after discussion about blacks being violent or blacks voting democrat and why blacks doing this and my favorite one, why arent blacks policing their own people? As if I have the ability to be in every black persons brain! THAT is what I'd considered worn out, played out, and overdone.

The message is worn out, boring, and frankly, stupid.
It's only "stupid" because I'm calling out bull****. I think I'm just about done discussing racism with the majority of white people because, they honestly don't get it!

Last edited by pandorafan5687; 10-22-2016 at 04:16 PM..

Old 10-22-2016, 04:05 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,363,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So I love threads such as this because it reinforces what I already know about the collective motivation and agenda of non-blacks. But what I always find funny is the Hispanics, Asians and other non-whites/non-blacks who pile on in these discussions seeking to win the "Model Minority" crown as if it is desirable position to be the "pet" of white folks LOL.
Not this Asian American, who knows exactly what the implication of the Model Minority is, and it's not complimentary. I know that it's used both as a tool to bash Latinos and African Americans yet also marginalize and stereotype Asians.

Old 10-22-2016, 04:08 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Because if the three black guys that work under me don't do their job right the black guy above me let's me know about it.
Isn't that the way it's supposed to work when you're talking about the chain of command? Or would you prefer that your boss usurp your power and bypass you, going straight to the guys who report to you?

Old 10-22-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Not this Asian American, who knows exactly what the implication of the Model Minority is, and it's not complimentary. I know that it's used both as a tool to bash Latinos and African Americans yet also marginalize and stereotype Asians.
Please elaborate. Explain how one non-white, minority group is almost monopolizing STEM and has higher mean achievement than not just other non-white minority groups but the white majority? And explain how Asian Americans are the victim in all this? Lots of explaining to do to justify that argument.

Old 10-22-2016, 04:17 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,226,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
You're not this guy are you?

Last edited by pandorafan5687; 10-22-2016 at 04:51 PM..

Old 10-22-2016, 05:58 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Please elaborate. Explain how one non-white, minority group is almost monopolizing STEM and has higher mean achievement than not just other non-white minority groups but the white majority? And explain how Asian Americans are the victim in all this? Lots of explaining to do to justify that argument.
When that poster comes back to explain how being considered the "Model Minority" group by whites is not really beneficial I can almost guarantee that folks like yourself will be dismissive.

Old 10-22-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
When that poster comes back to explain how being considered the "Model Minority" group by whites is not really beneficial I can almost guarantee that folks like yourself will be dismissive.
He's never answered any of my previous replies to his posts so I would categorize him as dismissive. How about we call it the "Privileged Minority" is that better?

Old 10-22-2016, 06:20 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

Not a day goes by anymore where I don't hear about or read about white privilege. Sometimes it's white male privilege. And I couldn't possibly understand this or that or the other thing. And I should feel guilty because of X, Y and Z.

I like politics. I like talking politics. But I can't tell you the last time I heard "white privilege" brought up any place but here. It's been more than half a year for sure.

My guess is that because you dwell on the topic, you spend too much time in places where it is constantly brought up.

Old 10-22-2016, 06:34 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I like politics. I like talking politics. But I can't tell you the last time I heard "white privilege" brought up any place but here. It's been more than half a year for sure.

My guess is that because you dwell on the topic, you spend too much time in places where it is constantly brought up.

Wow. I didn't expect this coming from you, but okay.

Do you work? Read various papers? Watch the news?

My guess is you're not getting out in the world or keeping up with current topics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies