Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 12:14 PM

39,237 posts, read 27,623,465 times

Advertisements

It is just amazing that some people know what everybody wants.

I have never had an abortion and hopefully I never have to. But I really don't understand why people (some) look down on women who have had an abortion. You don't know the reasons why they had an abortion. Why judge?

Women have abortion all the time, even in ancient times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 01:00 PM

8,494 posts, read 6,900,248 times
Well. Here we go again. You do understand that Bill Clinton isn't running for the presidency? It's Hillary Clinton and Trump. Got it? When he was President he was excoriated by the press and came close to impeachment. Guess you all forget about that.

Old 10-31-2016, 01:02 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,034,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
You want to get into some wide-ranging discussion of sexual ethics and mores. No thanks.

As to your quote above, I don't know why she WOULDN'T go back to a life of unfettered sex.......do you??
(Of course, there is always the exception to the rule, but the point still stands).
First, I thought you were engaging in some wide-ranging discussion of sexual ethics when you initiated this thread. It sure looks that way. Second, if a woman was having "unfettered sex" and she had an abortion, she might very well go back to a life of unfettered sex. So what? Like I said in a previous comment; you are both moralizing and peddling a gender double standard.

Old 10-31-2016, 01:08 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Well. Here we go again. You do understand that Bill Clinton isn't running for the presidency? It's Hillary Clinton and Trump. Got it? When he was President he was excoriated by the press and came close to impeachment. Guess you all forget about that.
yup, Michelle doesn't exist either.

Old 10-31-2016, 05:46 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
but not guys like Trump......

It's simple. Whenever a guy like Bill Clinton does something offensive towards women, they are not going to get hammered by most women (witness his whole career). That's because he's in favor of abortion.
Ever since women's liberation, when it became "okay" for women to engage in unfettered sex, they have needed abortion as an option (dude doesn't always wrap it). In fact, unfettered sex has become pretty much the most important thing in many women's lives.
So as long as you say you'll protect THAT "right", you can get away with anything.
Are you a woman speaking for most women?

Quote:
Alot of women are really, really into unfettered sex (which they were not allowed to do 50 -100 years ago). As in, not fettered by a resultant baby.
How out of touch are YOU????
Again, as one woman, are you speaking for a lot of women?

Quote:
Well if YOU valued unfettered sex as much as some women do, then YOU would be for the pro-abortion politician, too. (However, assuming you are a male, you probably would find it hard to relate to women's sense of urgency that abortion be protected. Men can't get pregnant.)
Now you're speaking for just some women?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think it has something to do with abortion.

I don't care about other people's marriage arrangement. who knows? Maybe Bill and Hillary had an open relationship. If this is the case, he was not really cheating on her.

Trump, well, I can care less what he did in his private life. But I have to say, the grabbing her you know where comment sounds extremely immature. I agree it is lockerroom talk between immature boys, but he is like, how old now? like 100 years old.

Having said all that, I don't care about either, it is not like one of them is my boyfriend. So I don't care. I still like Mr. Trump's policies. If he is not trolling, then I think he is a great choice for the country. But who knows? I still cannot figure out if he is trolling or not.

I have to say this though, couple of years ago, I think I posted in relationship forum that I don't understand the concept of polygamy. I don't believe there will be women in the world can really be okay with it. There are several women and several men almost bite my head off. They say, I shouln't be juging. oooook I shouln't be judging.

Well I learned my lesson in a hard way. Stay away from other people's bedroom partners choices. LOL
It would seem our society has become very accustomed to the idea of serial polygamy, i.e. multiple marriages but only one at a time.

Last edited by ChiGeekGuest; 10-31-2016 at 06:02 PM..

Old 10-31-2016, 06:53 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,908,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 253valerie View Post
Oh yes... you know getting an abortion is just as easy as buying gum these days. Women do it is so flippantly, you know!

As a women who would never get an abortion, I still hate Trump.
If your last line is true, then the post isn't about you.
And the post isn't only about Trump or Slick Willie.

Old 10-31-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Will there be no more elections or politics after the Clintons and Trump, then???
Huh.

Oh, and impeachment means nothing....must be convicted.
He's now worth $50 million....from speeches.
He was SO discredited that he's about to be First Spouse.....

Old 10-31-2016, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
First, I thought you were engaging in some wide-ranging discussion of sexual ethics when you initiated this thread. It sure looks that way. Second, if a woman was having "unfettered sex" and she had an abortion, she might very well go back to a life of unfettered sex. So what? Like I said in a previous comment; you are both moralizing and peddling a gender double standard.
As to your last line: not really.
Just pointing out the modern libertine woman will excuse almost ANYTHING....as long as the pol keeps her in the easy lovin'......

Old 10-31-2016, 06:59 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Both are serial cheaters.

Unlike Trump, Bill Clinton does not have a long track record of publicly degrading women.

Unlike Trump, Bill Clinton has not given permission to a man to refer to his daughter a piece of ass or remarked about the breast size of the daughter.

Trump has spent his entire adult life creating and sustaining an image as a playboy. He tries too hard and is obviously very insecure.

Both have entered the " old goat" stage of life.

I am not voting for Trump or Hillary because both have unprecidented conflicts of interest.
You do realize that Bill raped Monica right?

Old 10-31-2016, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Are you a woman speaking for most women?

Again, as one woman, are you speaking for a lot of women?

Now you're speaking for just some women?

It would seem our society has become very accustomed to the idea of serial polygamy, i.e. multiple marriages but only one at a time.

I'm not a woman but I KNOW some....even some black ones (here, I am toying with you....)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies