Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2016, 03:27 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times

Advertisements

The Constitution protects the abnormal.

Old 11-27-2016, 03:31 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
Source for what? Source that they make up 80% of those with HIV/AIDS?

Gay and Bisexual Men | HIV by Group | HIV/AIDS | CDC

Or source that infidelity among homosexuals is staggering?

The myth of male homosexual monogamy

No as my link pointed out homosexuals marrying wont decrease infidelity.

I still don't see how the institution of marriage might not increase monogamy among homosexuals.

They aren't off the hook either.

On The Unhealthy Homosexual Lifestyle
You seem to have forgotten lesbians.

Old 11-27-2016, 03:35 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Why does government have anything to do with marriage anyway? If 2 people want to get married have a contract written up. There is no reason government has to be involved now it's become a big industry for attorneys to make millions of $$ off it fueling by emotional distress between party's. What people do in their private live's is no one else's business.

Government is involved in marriage because of the legal and financial benefits bestowed upon married couples; Social Security, pensions, healthcare benefits, taxes, inheritance and healthcare laws, etc.

Now that homosexuals can get married, all of a sudden people are questioning government's involvement in marriage.

I don't think heterosexuals want to lose all of those benefits, do you?

Old 11-27-2016, 03:44 PM

1,850 posts, read 820,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Government is involved in marriage because of the legal and financial benefits bestowed upon married couples; Social Security, pensions, healthcare benefits, taxes, inheritance and healthcare laws, etc.

Now that homosexuals can get married, all of a sudden people are questioning government's involvement in marriage.

I don't think heterosexuals want to lose all of those benefits, do you?
I think it's always interesting how the left argues.

First, they insert government into marriage (as you can see, all of the listed "interventions" are based on liberalism). Then they turn around and say "why this means we can dictate what marriage is!"

That's essentially how leftism always operates. Similarly, take a look at schools. In schools, they first inserted themselves with school lunches, which was their "claimed" desire. Then suddenly, they said "oh, by the way, we control your curriculum, unless you want to lose school lunches." That is also how they operated with healthcare. They said their "claimed" desire was to get people insured. Then suddenly, that allowed them to say "well, since we're in healthcare, we get to tell you what is covered."

Of course, they always offer a poison pill solution. "Why, if you do not want gay marriage, then we will very obligingly eliminate all marriage. Would you like that, instead?" Any rational person would just say, "uh, no, why don't you just get government out of marriage, which defaults it back to just traditional marriage?" Of course they won't do that because that does not accomplish their goal.

Always understand how liberals operate.

Old 11-27-2016, 03:49 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The Constitution protects the abnormal.
There is the norm and the abnorm.---those that are not the norm are usually in a weaker state than the norm...The greatness of a society is gauged on how well they protect their weakest members....What are we to do- harm those not as fortunate or strong as us? It is our duty to protect the weak. In the alternative the progressives will and might assemble the weak and mob the strong out of existence...it is a touchy affair.

I really have no real respect for the institution of marriage regardless of it being the normal marriage or the abnormal one...marriage is just a social and economic form of control...much like animal husbandry.

Old 11-27-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Nevertheless, a lot of people, especially from the Christian Right, pretty strongly feel that gays are not worthy of equal rights, since they find the sex acts they do so grossly offensive and unnatural. The Christian Right will tell you marriage should not be based on sodomy, and believe they have certain bible verses to back up how they should feel. So they demand legislators to try to pass bills for them that will protect them, especially as business people, from having anything to do with gay people.

In Oklahoma, every year, the Chamber of Commerce Republican legislators have to do battle with the Christian Right Republican ones, who always try to get passed a huge number of anti-gay bills. The Chamber of Commerce Republicans has been winning the battles quite well, fearing that passage of anti-gay bills may provoke boycotts.

What I find so hypocritical about all of this is that the Christian Right seems to think heterosexual couples are not capable of engaging in sex acts that they would find grossly offensive and unnatural.

I guess it's something they choose not to acknowledge since it would shatter the fantasy world they live in.

OMG! Every single wedding cake they sell could be going to a heterosexual couple that engages in ANAL SEX! Lord have mercy! LOL

Old 11-27-2016, 04:00 PM

1,850 posts, read 820,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
There is the norm and the abnorm.---those that are not the norm are usually in a weaker state than the norm...The greatness of a society is gauged on how well they protect their weakest members....What are we to do- harm those not as fortunate or strong as us? It is our duty to protect the weak. In the alternative the progressives will and might assemble the weak and mob the strong out of existence...it is a touchy affair.

I really have no real respect for the institution of marriage regardless of it being the normal marriage or the abnormal one...marriage is just a social and economic form of control...much like animal husbandry.
Fascinating how all the people who say that we must extend marriage to homosexuals are the same people who actually themselves don't care much or respect marriage as an institution, huh? How generous of them!

Old 11-27-2016, 04:00 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
What I find so hypocritical about all of this is that the Christian Right seems to think heterosexual couples are not capable of engaging in sex acts that they would find grossly offensive and unnatural.

I guess it's something they choose not to acknowledge since it would shatter the fantasy world they live in.

OMG! Every single wedding cake they sell could be going to a heterosexual couple that engages in ANAL SEX! Lord have mercy! LOL
I believe you will see in the painting of the Last Supper...a young man who would lay his head in the bossom of Jesus. He was referred to in literature as the man who loved Christ. He was probably gay...Christ handled people of modulating sexuality the same as he advised prostitutes...Do not do things that are harmful to yourself and others.

Nothing wrong with being gay - I am sure Christ tolerated and loved this man I mentioned..but I doubt very much that he partook in intimate acts with him...Christ loved woman..Even his followers were perturbed with him because he kissed Mary on the mouth a little to much. RELAX everybody...there are people starving and suffering all over the world...sexuality is not a huge issue.

Old 11-27-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
I think it's always interesting how the left argues.

First, they insert government into marriage (as you can see, all of the listed "interventions" are based on liberalism). Then they turn around and say "why this means we can dictate what marriage is!"

That's essentially how leftism always operates. Similarly, take a look at schools. In schools, they first inserted themselves with school lunches, which was their "claimed" desire. Then suddenly, they said "oh, by the way, we control your curriculum, unless you want to lose school lunches." That is also how they operated with healthcare. They said their "claimed" desire was to get people insured. Then suddenly, that allowed them to say "well, since we're in healthcare, we get to tell you what is covered."

Of course, they always offer a poison pill solution. "Why, if you do not want gay marriage, then we will very obligingly eliminate all marriage. Would you like that, instead?" Any rational person would just say, "uh, no, why don't you just get government out of marriage, which defaults it back to just traditional marriage?" Of course they won't do that because that does not accomplish their goal.

Always understand how liberals operate.

Yada, yada, yada.......

None of that is a liberal or conservative thing, it is a government, political, society thing.

Conservatives are just fine with government involvement when it benefits them or enforces their beliefs.

Old 11-27-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Fascinating how all the people who say that we must extend marriage to homosexuals are the same people who actually themselves don't care much or respect marriage as an institution, huh? How generous of them!
Yea, just because you think it, it is fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies