Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2016, 11:32 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

#4....Iowa shooting for the same thing in the courts.

Can the Dakota Access Pipeline be stopped? | KSDK.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Most of us DO understand that. You know of course that it is the terrorists that are trespassing on private property, killing privately owned livestock, damaging farmland and vandalizing construction equipment, right?
Terrorists I tell you, terrorists. LOL

You saw my link......who is trying to keep people off their private property? You support that, right?

Old 11-25-2016, 11:36 PM

21,142 posts, read 19,722,567 times
Oh no, a pipeline. We're all gonna die!

https://www.google.com/search?q=map+...ZFOZ3rfkkzM%3A

Old 11-25-2016, 11:42 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Terrorists I tell you, terrorists. LOL

You saw my link......who is trying to keep people off their private property? You support that, right?
?? Again, the pipeline company, per your link, has bought up the property where they are putting the pipeline. Rerouting for no sensible reason is just moronic. The environmental nutcases behind this are having a good time, but I suspect they will get bored soon and go back to mommy and daddy's basement pretty soon. A few below zero nights should have them jumping in their SUVs and burning gas for home. Hopefully soon. Giving in to these terrorists is just silly.

Old 11-25-2016, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
?? Again, the pipeline company, per your link, has bought up the property where they are putting the pipeline. Rerouting for no sensible reason is just moronic. The environmental nutcases behind this are having a good time, but I suspect they will get bored soon and go back to mommy and daddy's basement pretty soon. A few below zero nights should have them jumping in their SUVs and burning gas for home. Hopefully soon. Giving in to these terrorists is just silly.
We can note....you refused to answer my question.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:13 AM

35,072 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
One of the best posts I have read !
Thanks. I tried to rep you but I have to rep others first.

That is the crucial distinction between speech, which is protected, and unprotected conduct.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:27 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamsack View Post
Oh good lord.. your credibility went down like the Titanic.

May I ask this... Your friend there. They can survive teens and 20s well... is he/she going to stay the winter? Are they from a cold climate? What happens if frostbite occurs on those sub zero nights? Will he expect county services to be used to rescue him or her and be taken to a warming shelter? Sounds dumb to me to expect Morton county to rescue them from the cold after fighting them. But as the previous post showed it is all a game to you.
I want to add that it's not just nights with sub zero temperatures. In the winter we can have days where the temperature doesn't get above 0 all day. Combine the actual temp with wind chill and our "feels like" temperature can remain below -10 for several days in a row. (Local schools will still have outside recess as long as the "feels like" temperature is above -10.) It is incredibly dangerous to remain outside for more than a few minutes when we have these cold spells.

Old 11-26-2016, 09:07 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I want to add that it's not just nights with sub zero temperatures. In the winter we can have days where the temperature doesn't get above 0 all day. Combine the actual temp with wind chill and our "feels like" temperature can remain below -10 for several days in a row. (Local schools will still have outside recess as long as the "feels like" temperature is above -10.) It is incredibly dangerous to remain outside for more than a few minutes when we have these cold spells.
Oh yes. That's seriously Siberian country up there in the Winter. We've had snaps here that have gone down to -30 and below, but you all up there get that regular. It's SOP. The weather is going to be handing people off to Mr. Dead end masse if this nonsense keeps up. Further adding to the cost in various ways. Unless your equipped and ready for it Winter will kill. When Temps dip like that some common heating fuels take special gear to get them to even work. Butane is worthless in minus Temps and even LP has problems. You need vaporizing equipment.

That could have been how that woman lost her arm. Trying to directly heat an LP container to get the fuel to vaporize. Or a Butane container more likely. Oh, rest assured, there's gonna be some more SNFUs.

Old 11-26-2016, 09:17 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,143,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Oh yes. That's seriously Siberian country up there in the Winter. We've had snaps here that have gone down to -30 and below, but you all up there get that regular. It's SOP. The weather is going to be handing people off to Mr. Dead end masse if this nonsense keeps up. Further adding to the cost in various ways. Unless your equipped and ready for it Winter will kill. When Temps dip like that some common heating fuels take special gear to get them to even work. Butane is worthless in minus Temps and even LP has problems. You need vaporizing equipment.

That could have been how that woman lost her arm. Trying to directly heat an LP container to get the fuel to vaporize. Or a Butane container more likely. Oh, rest assured, there's gonna be some more SNFUs.
Ironically enough we laid a pipeline in Northern Wisconsin a few years back and the heavy equipment was gelling up in -40 (I have a picture of the bank temperature sign). A mix using jet fuel ended up being part of the fix....that and never turning the equipment off which then had to be guarded 24/7. Diesel isn't going to be their savior either......

Old 11-26-2016, 09:33 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,004,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post

The upcoming winter....which is off to a terribly slow start...is the main reason the COE is telling them to get off COE owned land. If people perish from the cold on government property....could the federal government be held responsible? Might so. So does make sense to move the folks back to an area where they can be better managed and camps better set up if they insist on staying so at least you dont have mass frostbite or death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies