Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 01:10 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,013,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I hear you and understand your point of view.
Same here, we disagree but respect.

Old 11-24-2016, 01:23 PM

406 posts, read 348,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Totally wrong. The CA forum was innundated with gloating Texans for years during the recession when their state was flying high. When you go to TX it seems like there is a real awareness that TX is 2nd to California, and they send delegations to poach our companies, so spare us this 'TX gives no f*cks about CA' tripe because absolutely they do.

Trust me, we were totally indifferent until Texans started shttalking. Californians are like New Yorkers, we only care about whats happening here...not on purpose, thats just how it is.

On the other hand, Silicon Valley has really catapulted to a level of global prominence that at this point, TX has an impossible task if it's design is to supplant CA just because it's less expensive-TX still needs decades to develop it's intellectual capital and creative class.
This x1000. People that are living in prime areas of CA literally give 0 fcks about Texas.

Of my HS friends that went to the #1 school in LA.

2 in Boston
1 in NYC
2 in SF
4 in SoCal

0 in Texas.

Old 11-24-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardo View Post
So you want us to bow down to you? Ok. Thank you California for the bloods and crips that have murdered thousands of black men nationwide and the Aryan brotherhood and nazi lowriders which has turned many of my brothers into nazis and killers. Thank you for Hollywood which has distorted multiple generations kids minds and made them hate themselves and all others...

In short, California please secede. We do not want or need you. Have fun becoming a 3rd world country on your own, I just hope we deport you back there when you hop the border.

Remember you are historically the left overs of the left overs. Slaves and servants in England and Africa were sent to America and then people who could not come up or oppressed people and wanted to hide it moved to the west coast, along with Mexicans and Central Americans here you are. We do not want you. Unless you are a legal immigrant from central
America or south, you are a loser. A failure. You have always ran, keep running. Please secede so we can deal with a refugee crisis in your newly formed country and deport you, worldwide failure.
Lol @ this post

Old 11-24-2016, 03:18 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippityhop View Post
I'm glad you finally were able to come to the conclusion that the elites run the world. That was like pulling teeth.
Elites are Donald Trump and yes, he's your ruler now. Now back to your knees.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:18 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,320 times
I imagine that the NIMBYs in the Bay area and Los Angeles could probably hinder the growth of California as a whole. I find it very interesting as an outsider. I personally wouldn't want to see more development in these areas because of their natural beauty but then how do you accommodate the growing population? Tough questions all around.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Elites are Donald Trump and yes, he's your ruler now. Now back to your knees.
Buddy, I'm a white male, elite private HS, elite undegrad, elite MBA working in commercial real estate finance.

How is trump getting elected a problem for me?

Old 11-24-2016, 03:35 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
This x1000. People that are living in prime areas of CA literally give 0 fcks about Texas.

Of my HS friends that went to the #1 school in LA.

2 in Boston
1 in NYC
2 in SF
4 in SoCal

0 in Texas.
We've got plenty Uber drivers already, that makes perfect sense.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:48 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
I imagine that the NIMBYs in the Bay area and Los Angeles could probably hinder the growth of California as a whole. I find it very interesting as an outsider. I personally wouldn't want to see more development in these areas because of their natural beauty but then how do you accommodate the growing population? Tough questions all around.
Mostly NIMBY problems are only in the minds of the RW. There are some but it is really a tiny factor in comparison to the obvious. And some of it - Like a control on zoning changes may be rational.

The real problems with housing costs is the value of the land and the sourcing of water. The combination vastly overpowers any NIMBY or regulation problems. The near coast may be able to overcome the water problem at the cost of building large and ugly installations along the coast. But get up the Cajon grade and there is all the cheap land one could want...but no feasible way to get it water. There is then 150 miles of nothing to the Nevada line...all cheap and available with no water.

The coastal plain can likely build out to its maximum possible with local and redirected Colorado River water. But you will play hell getting that to Victorville. You could do new cities in the agricultural valleys I suppose...but there seems little drive to do that.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:49 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times
Quote:
Buddy, I'm a white male, elite private HS, elite undegrad, elite MBA working in commercial real estate finance.

How is trump getting elected a problem for me?
That's your definition of elite? Yawn...

Old 11-24-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
That's your definition of elite? Yawn...
Sorry that a 1%er isn't elite enough for you. Enjoy living with the plebs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies