Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 08:32 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Son, Donald Jr, also supposedly involved in running Trump LLC has been involved in selecting cabinet members. Had a great influence on getting his buddy and fellow wild game hunter selected as Sec of Interior.

Blurring of roles (Trump LLC/First Family) already being demonstrated.

#drainingtheswamp and BLIND TRUST

My ass.

Donald Trump Jr. played role in picking interior secretary - POLITICO
its on the news almost daily- and TV --you see the kids in conferences that are presidential in nature as well as cutting ribbons to some business venture- the rest is like every thing else-- putting PLANS in place- he is not the POTUS yet, so nobody is anything.
as far as Melania... I'd go to France- forget all this mess and take care of MY precious boy-- GO dear-- be safe-- away form the crazy dynasty

Old 12-15-2016, 08:35 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
History matters people. lets not pretend that it didn't happen...

Old 12-15-2016, 08:37 AM

Furthermore, it is not precedent setting for the wife of a president to avoid the social role of FLOTUS. It has happened before.
These are family decisions. The families deserve the right to handle their family business as they see fit.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:43 AM

771 posts, read 1,459,566 times
Oh no! How can they do this?! Americans didn't vote for Melania to become FLOTUS just so that...wait a minute...nobody voted her to become FLOTUS. The duties of FLOTUS are non-partisan ceremonial and social duties, and they usually pursue goals that seek to improve the lives of people. Does it really matter who carries out those duties? Does everything need to become a partisan hatefest?

Old 12-15-2016, 08:48 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Who here called it first?
I think many of us called it that Ivanka would be in the WH making decisions for the very indecisive and clueless Trump. He doesn't seem to be able to go to a meeting without her.

Who knew that Melania would actually prefer not to live with Trump or give up her NYC lifestyle? I think everyone thought she would at least be the WH trophy wife, despite her problems with speaking English and shady immigration issues.

But let's face it--this is the closest Trump can get to dating his daughter and his obsession with her and her looks is flat-out creepy.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:51 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,964,197 times
The issue is not Ivanka acting as FLOTUS. That's fine. Melania has no obligation to do so. No one does, actually. The issue is Ivanka acting as FLOTUS and playing a big role in the business.

I personally, think the Melania bashing is distasteful. I don't care about her nude modeling, or lack of education. She isn't an elected official. Yes, the right was incredibly nasty to Michelle Obama, but we, on the left should not stoop to their level. My ONLY gripe with Melania is her* refusal to pull Barron out of school and move to the White House. It's incredibly selfish and a burden on the city of New York.

*I honestly think this is Donnie's call, as it gives him an excuse to be a part-time DC resident.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:53 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,390,278 times
The press has no shame. A Politico reporter actually accused Trump of "****ing his daughter".

We can assume a media assault on Ivanka will be full point press the next four years, too.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:54 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
I think Melania has told Donald "Eff you and the horse your rode in on."

And since Donald thinks he's been selected as king, it makes perfect sense that he thinks Ivanka is the princess who will inherit the crown.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
The issue is not Ivanka acting as FLOTUS. That's fine. Melania has no obligation to do so. No one does, actually. The issue is Ivanka acting as FLOTUS and playing a big role in the business.

I personally, think the Melania bashing is distasteful. I don't care about her nude modeling, or lack of education. She isn't an elected official. Yes, the right was incredibly nasty to Michelle Obama, but we, on the left should not stoop to their level. My ONLY gripe with Melania is her* refusal to pull Barron out of school and move to the White House. It's incredibly selfish and a burden on the city of New York.

*I honestly think this is Donnie's call, as it gives him an excuse to be a part-time DC resident.

gladhands, please provide some evidence that Ivanka will be filing in as FLOTUS role and playing a big role in the business.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:56 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
He's not even in office yet and yet these wild accusations are flying all around about her status.
You may not be old enough to remember the flurry of controversy heaped upon Hillary Clinton after her husband was elected president, but before he took office. But you should be old enough to remember the criticism of Michelle Obama after the 2008 elections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Hillary disclosed the Clinton Foundation and the intent to continue to fundraise while SoS, during confirmation hearings, before being confirmed. All but one Senator confirmed her appointment.

The Form 990 and tax returns of the Clinton Foundation are public information. The Clintons have disclosed 30+ years of personal tax returns. The Clinton Foundation was not an issue until she announced her intent to run.

Most people do not understand charitable giving structures.
You got that right!

Quote:
Most foundations are indirect charitable contributers, meaning they grant funds to other charitable orgs. An indirect foundation is unlikely to have a payroll. The Clinton Foundation is a direct charitable org whereby funds are used to directly benefit a charitable cause. As such, it had a payroll. Bill, Hillary and Chelsea were not employees of their foundation.
You got that partially right. All charitable foundation moneys directly benefit a charitable cause; otherwise, they wouldn't be charitable foundations. Almost all of but the smallest foundations have at least one staff member, whether they grant funds to other organizations, or are operating foundations running their own programs like the Clinton Foundation, or benefiting a single cause, like a hospital foundation.

Either way, the Clintons have been pretty transparent about their income and their foundation. It's all on the interwebs for anyone to read. But I'd be willing to bet that 99.9 percent of the people squawking about the Clinton Foundation never have bothered to look at the foundation's tax returns or audits, let alone understand what the foundation really does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies