Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 09:08 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,411,614 times

Advertisements

I finally heard someone on CNN this morning use the 'Impeachment' word...was wondering how long that would take. I hope Pence is boning up on the position...
Koale

Old 12-15-2016, 09:08 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Why do you feel the need to be so rude?

Yes, I "think" Melania is sick of Donald and has no desire to be first lady. He humiliated her with his comments about trying to **** that married woman while Melania was pregnant with Barron, and with his *****-grabbing talk. The public has lost interest, but Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Obviously, I don't chat with Melania, so yes, this is supposition on my part, based on her demeanor and the fact that she's not moving to the White House.

Trump ACTS like he thinks he's king. He seems to have little understanding or respect for the Constitution (flag-burners should be jailed and deprived of citizenship) and he seems to be flagrantly violating ethics rules. If I have to point out how he appears to be doing that, there's point in our continuing this conversation. I truly believe that Trump imagines that his family will be in power for the next several generations.
because you are rude and you say things that simply are not backed by any version of evidence. The Trumps have stated Melania is staying in NYC so their son can continue schooling. As a father, that makes perfect since to me.

Trump ACTS? HE ACTS?? he has little understanding of the constitution and you use Flag burning as your example? are you freaking serious??? HILLARY tried to get a bill passed OUTLAWING FLAG BURNING WHILE SHE WAS SENATOR!!!!!!!

It has only been "constitutional" since the 1980s when SCOTUS made a ruling on the issue. This is not a long standing constitutional reality. Further more than half the American people actually believe burring the flag ought to be against the law.

Mr. Trump has not violated a SINGLE ethics rule since becoming President Elect. NOT ONE. In fact BY LAW> BY US CODE> The POTUS is exempt from such laws/rules. period. Further he has indicated he will separate himself from his business holdings. he doesn't have to do that at all.

So stop telling us thinking points and start providing some documentation of stuff that is real

Old 12-15-2016, 09:10 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,970,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
So now that I finally got someone to admit there is no actual evidence that Ivanka will "run the business"

Here is some information that ends the hand wringing and silly claptrap.

Donald Trump Says Sons

1. TheDonald has stated that "his sons and some executives" will run the business. His daughter is not involved
2. Donald Jr. has stated the same.
3. TheDonald has stated the company will not enter into any new deals while he is president.
4. The POTUS is actually by law, EXEMPTED from Conflict of Interest laws. He could legally run his business and be POTUS legally.
Ah yes, Twitter. As it stands, Ivanka is Executive Vice President of Development & Acquisitions at the Trump Organization, and there's been no or resignation nor talk of resignation.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You know she has her own businesses, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
You know Melania has her own business(es), right?
you know pizza has cheese on it right?

and neither your point, nor cheese pizza have anything at all to do with the notion that Ivanka might take up some of the social calendar generally filled by FLOTUS.

Nor does your point have anything whatsoever to do with her being both involved in the Trump organization, and having an office in the White House.

Again, lets stay on point (Ivanka first lady office/Running her fathers business)

you guys are getting comical.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:18 AM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
Trump is President. Trump and the republicans have absolute authority over our government and will wield power accordingly. No republican politician will dare stand up to Trump. Trump will take what he wants for his own benefit as he always has.

He will dictate who will serve as First Lady....or even if there will be a First Lady-type office. I suspect the office will be phased out in quick order after the inauguration.

It's a new world. Stop trying to make the old rules fit Trump world.

Are you for real?? a true American? that man has to FIT our world and OUR AMERICAN rules- he is no Frea king! nor will he be a dictator as you want- he is in SERVICE to this country- NOT to be SERVED!!

Old 12-15-2016, 09:20 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
Quote:
because you are rude and you say things that simply are not backed by any version of evidence. The Trumps have stated Melania is staying in NYC so their son can continue schooling. As a father, that makes perfect since to me.

Trump ACTS? HE ACTS?? he has little understanding of the constitution and you use Flag burning as your example? are you freaking serious??? HILLARY tried to get a bill passed OUTLAWING FLAG BURNING WHILE SHE WAS SENATOR!!!!!!!
I have never been rude to you, but you feel free to be rude to me. Oh well. It's easy to be tough on the internet.

And yes, Trump acts like a king for the reasons I've stated along with many others.

And guess what, just because I think Trump is acting like a king doesn't mean that I thought everything Hillary ever did or tried to do was a good idea. I'm opposed to any infringement of free speech, including flag burning, regardless of who promotes it. Besides, why do you keep bringing up Hillary. She's not president-elect and will have no bearing on the next four years. Time to move on.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:22 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
Quote:
you know pizza has cheese on it right?

and neither your point, nor cheese pizza have anything at all to do with the notion that Ivanka might take up some of the social calendar generally filled by FLOTUS.

Nor does your point have anything whatsoever to do with her being both involved in the Trump organization, and having an office in the White House.

Again, lets stay on point (Ivanka first lady office/Running her fathers business)

you guys are getting comical.
Ferd, honey, I'm giving up on you. While I think you probably can hold a perfectly polite and logical conversation, you don't choose to.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:22 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The press has no shame. A Politico reporter actually accused Trump of "****ing his daughter".

We can assume a media assault on Ivanka will be full point press the next four years, too.
The “reporter/journalist” is Julia Ioffe. A now fired writer for Politico, a frequent CNN guest and contributor, and a journalist recently hired by the Atlantic. Her "non-apology" said that she only wrote what everyone was thinking, but she could have used 'better phrasing'. These people are SLIME.

Add to that ..... absolutely none of the 'story' is true. Mr Trump has stated that his sons Eric & Don will be taking over the company. Ivanka is not one of his sons. NO mention from the Trump Transition Team at all about Ivanka and the office of the First Lady. The Leftists made it all up and then came the crude/vulgar remarks about Donald Trump, his Daughter and incest.

Foul Mouthed Journalist Uses Fake News Story to Attack Ivanka Trump and President-elect…

Let us imagine for a minute what would happen to ANY "reporter" who said something like that on The Hill about Obama and one of his daughters.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Ah yes, Twitter. As it stands, Ivanka is Executive Vice President of Development & Acquisitions at the Trump Organization, and there's been no or resignation nor talk of resignation.
ah, so because nobody shook your hand and gave you the detailed plan, its just a tweet.

funny how that works. Trump tweets flagburners should go to jail and its a bonified fact that Trump thinks he is king of the universe. Trump tweets that his sons will run the company and that's an unverified nothing.

Here is what we know for sure, Repeatedly Trump has talked about wanting both Ivanka and her husband involved in the presidency. we know they are moving to DC. We know that TheDonald has stated his SONS will run the business.

These are facts that are clearly in evidence.

We also know that the Trump transition team stated this week, that there has been no time to deal with the business, so they have delayed making the plan public until after the cabinet picks are done, and before inauguration.

So we don't know anything for certain because the plan is not public, but we do have the raw outline as stated by TheDonald and his team...

Old 12-15-2016, 09:28 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,970,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The “reporter/journalist” is Julia Ioffe. A now fired writer for Politico, a frequent CNN guest and contributor, and a journalist recently hired by the Atlantic. Her "non-apology" said that she only wrote what everyone was thinking, but she could have used 'better phrasing'. These people are SLIME.

Add to that ..... absolutely none of the 'story' is true. Mr Trump has stated that his sons Eric & Don will be taking over the company. Ivanka is not one of his sons. NO mention from the Trump Transition Team at all about Ivanka and the office of the First Lady. The Leftists made it all up and then came the crude/vulgar remarks about Donald Trump, his Daughter and incest.

Foul Mouthed Journalist Uses Fake News Story to Attack Ivanka Trump and President-elect…

Let us imagine for a minute what would happen to ANY "reporter" who said something like that on The Hill about Obama and one of his daughters.
LOL. You posted a fake news story decrying fake news. When I say fake, I mean the headline is not supported by the actual facts presented IN the story. The reporter made an crude, offensive joke for which she deserved to be fired, but never actually told a single lie.

Now about Ivanka being Executive Vice President of Development & Acquisitions at the Trump Organization? Because that's a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies