Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2016, 09:28 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Ferd, honey, I'm giving up on you. While I think you probably can hold a perfectly polite and logical conversation, you don't choose to.
I apologize. I got irritated. people making baseless accusations that are demeaning bother me.

ive been quite polite in this thread with this exchange being the exception.

but it does speak to the point. you cant just keep changing the target. you cant just keep coming up with some new thing that doesn't fit the context of the discussion.

Ivanka having her own businesses has no bearing at all on her being in the White House and being involved in running her fathers companies.

That's a very different issue.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:29 AM

993 posts, read 767,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Are you for real?? a true American? that man has to FIT our world and OUR AMERICAN rules- he is no Frea king! nor will he be a dictator as you want- he is in SERVICE to this country- NOT to be SERVED!!
I was being sarcastic. I am no supporter of Trump. He is horrifying.

In an ideal world it would be as you say. The reality is Trump is in service to himself. He will dictate legislation and policy to the republican politicians and generals who now have absolute power over our government. They will be faithful servants in Trump world. Heil Trump.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:32 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
I finally heard someone on CNN this morning use the 'Impeachment' word...was wondering how long that would take. I hope Pence is boning up on the position...
Koale
I've heard it even during the primaries and general campaigns......lol.

It's not a matter of "if" but a matter of "when".....

Old 12-15-2016, 09:32 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,832 times
Liberals. Too damned dumb to not know that FLOTUS does NOT have an official office in the West Wing.

When Bubba Bill was diddling cigars in the Oval Office, Hillary, his nasty wife, DID have an office in the West Wing.

Now all at once, liberals are in a snit. Will someone please hand them a cookie and hanky?

Old 12-15-2016, 09:33 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
you know pizza has cheese on it right?

and neither your point, nor cheese pizza have anything at all to do with the notion that Ivanka might take up some of the social calendar generally filled by FLOTUS.

Nor does your point have anything whatsoever to do with her being both involved in the Trump organization, and having an office in the White House.

Again, lets stay on point (Ivanka first lady office/Running her fathers business)

you guys are getting comical.
No. We are thinking clearly.

You cannot "social calendar" your way into being so close to the president while running other businesses. It's a clear conflict of interest.

So, while Ivanka is sipping champagne at state functions or having a mimosa at a "ladies" brunch, she'll be hawking her bracelets and her clothing line and anything else she can hustle and the wives and leaders of other countries will feel like they can get more from Trump if they buy Ivanka's merchandise.

Do you see how this is inappropriate? We'll have an administration that can be bought and sold with consumer goods.

This is why we have laws against this type of thing.

You can like Trump and Ivanka all you want, but until they move their factories all back to the US and start hiring the out-of-work factory workers and paying them a livable wage, all that talk about bringing jobs back was a con job, and all his supporters fell for it.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:35 AM

50,379 posts, read 64,021,617 times
I don't get what the problem is? Ivanka and the husband will be a part of the White House team, and Melania will be in New York for awhile. Even when Melania moves to Washington, she historically has had nothing to do with the Donald's business.

If at some point, she decides to take on a cause that requires office space, I'm guessing there are a few other offices in the building.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Liberals. Too damned dumb to not know that FLOTUS does NOT have an official office in the West Wing.

When Bubba Bill was diddling cigars in the Oval Office, Hillary, his nasty wife, DID have an office in the West Wing.

Now all at once, liberals are in a snit. Will someone please hand them a cookie and hanky?
I don't need a cookie or a hanky. I'm liberal, but I'm not a Democrat.

Why must so many conservatives play team sports with our very lives and government?

It's ridiculous. See these people for what they are. Do you think I thought that Bill Clinton (I never voted for him, btw) was behaving appropriately? Nope.

Do I know that Hillary had official offices? Sure, but she also wasn't trying to sell tacky bracelets to foreign dignitaries or build hotels by trading political favors so she could boost the Clinton family net worth.

You can support Trump all you like, but until his supporters start asking real questions about his motives, I will be concerned about this very much.

Hold them all accountable. You can do that and still want him in the White House because partisan politics, I suppose.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I don't get what the problem is? Ivanka and the husband will be a part of the White House team, and Melania will be in New York for awhile. Even when Melania moves to Washington, she historically has had nothing to do with the Donald's business.

If at some point, she decides to take on a cause that requires office space, I'm guessing there are a few other offices in the building.
Nepotism and conflicts of interest.

That's the ONLY problem.

If Ivanka was working for a large corporation that she did not own and she announced that she'd be stepping down to help carry some of the weight with the First Lady's social calendar while her stepmom was in New York taking care of her younger brother, this would be of ZERO concern.

If Jared Kushner was not involved at all, but running his businesses while his wife helped out? Not an issue at all.

As long as Ivanka wasn't being paid and she was volunteering and she wasn't running a company while fulfilling this social obligation, I would have zero issue with it. ZERO.

But, that is NOT what is happening.

We have laws regarding nepotism for a reason.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:42 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post

Ivanka will be running Trump LLC.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:42 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,451,565 times
8 pages about a fake news story? Funny

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ichelle-obama/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies