Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 08:56 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I think Melania has told Donald "Eff you and the horse your rode in on."

And since Donald thinks he's been selected as king, it makes perfect sense that he thinks Ivanka is the princess who will inherit the crown.
once you said "I think" you should have stopped because what followed clearly indicates you didn't.

MR. Trump has never done a single thing that suggests he believes he has been selected king. NOTHING.

statements like that need some evidence. The only evidence you have provide is evidence of your own vapid thought process.

8,090 posts, read 6,968,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
gladhands, please provide some evidence that Ivanka will be filing in as FLOTUS role and playing a big role in the business.
Other than Trump saying his kids will me running his businesses? None. That's because he has yet to outline the ways in which he''ll be separating himself from the business operations. We'll have to just assume that he was telling the truth (I know, it's hard for me too) earlier.

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
My only concerns are nepotism issues and what she's doing with her businesses while she works for him.

I don't really care if she takes over some First Lady duties, not really. But, being an integral part of his decision-making team is a concern if she's not giving up her other business interests and I do mean blindly... not to another family member.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:57 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,766,520 times
I don't have a problem with this. Both Ivanka and Jared were very important to Trump campaign, they helped him win. He trusts them. Nothing wrong with it.
I trust my kids more than anybody. Why not use the smart kids.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Other than Trump saying his kids will me running his businesses? None. That's because he has yet to outline the ways in which he''ll be separating himself from the business operations. We'll have to just assume that he was telling the truth (I know, it's hard for me too) earlier.
so what you are saying is, there is actually no plan that we can evaluate. Which means at this point there is no indication that Ivanaka will be involved in the business. nice.

so now how about we deal with reality and not speculation?

Old 12-15-2016, 09:03 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
Quote:
once you said "I think" you should have stopped because what followed clearly indicates you didn't.

MR. Trump has never done a single thing that suggests he believes he has been selected king. NOTHING.

statements like that need some evidence. The only evidence you have provide is evidence of your own vapid thought process.
Why do you feel the need to be so rude?

Yes, I "think" Melania is sick of Donald and has no desire to be first lady. He humiliated her with his comments about trying to **** that married woman while Melania was pregnant with Barron, and with his *****-grabbing talk. The public has lost interest, but Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Obviously, I don't chat with Melania, so yes, this is supposition on my part, based on her demeanor and the fact that she's not moving to the White House.

Trump ACTS like he thinks he's king. He seems to have little understanding or respect for the Constitution (flag-burners should be jailed and deprived of citizenship) and he seems to be flagrantly violating ethics rules. If I have to point out how he appears to be doing that, there's point in our continuing this conversation. I truly believe that Trump imagines that his family will be in power for the next several generations.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:04 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,755,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I've never seen liberals so approving of 's-l-u-t shaming', one of their usually-favorite pet causes, as they are when it comes to Melania Trump. It's shameful.

He's not even in office yet and yet these wild accusations are flying all around about her status. All I've seen so far is the mother of a young child who reportedly has some developmental disabilities taking a slow and deliberate transition into a new environment. It doesn't matter how Michelle, Laura, Hillary, or Nancy did it. The FLOTUS isn't bound under the same protocols as their spouse.

Oooh man you slipped that shiv in there all nice and casual like.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:06 AM

So now that I finally got someone to admit there is no actual evidence that Ivanka will "run the business"

Here is some information that ends the hand wringing and silly claptrap.

Donald Trump Says Sons

1. TheDonald has stated that "his sons and some executives" will run the business. His daughter is not involved
2. Donald Jr. has stated the same.
3. TheDonald has stated the company will not enter into any new deals while he is president.
4. The POTUS is actually by law, EXEMPTED from Conflict of Interest laws. He could legally run his business and be POTUS legally.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:07 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
So now that I finally got someone to admit there is no actual evidence that Ivanka will "run the business"

Donald Trump Says Sons

1. TheDonald has stated that "his sons and some executives" will run the business. His daughter is not involved
3. TheDonald has stated the company will not enter into any new deals while he is president.
4. The POTUS is actually by law, EXEMPTED from Conflict of Interest laws. He could legally run his business and be POTUS legally.
You know she has her own businesses, right?

Old 12-15-2016, 09:07 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
Quote:

Donald Trump Says Sons

You know Melania has her own business(es), right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies