Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2017, 01:47 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,654,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
you searched in the area you wanted to spin-- but what then was the excuse not to vote? I can only tell you from where I stand- and things I see- everything that shines like gold ain't gold!
Give it time, and she will prove himself as to he or what he is. You are free to chose what you see- some have their eyes wide open- some rather not look and some completely in the sand.
I only vote for candidates I can 100% support.

And hey, I wish for the best. So far, he's done nothing that I really oppose.

But, at least I'm using my free-will to make the decision. Not go off obviously boring and biased propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 01:48 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,099,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I understand she's saying. It's a valid position. I also don't think she said she was offended.
Right - I wasn't OFFENDED - that's too strong a word. Bemused, maybe. Not at all surprised. Any more than I was at Trump's vulgarities...or Hilary's continued enabling.

Wait a minute - that last one, I DO find offensive as a woman. Actually, she makes my skin crawl with her enabling behavior. That definitely bothers me more than Trump's locker room talk OR the ***** hats.

Old 01-24-2017, 01:52 PM

18,543 posts, read 18,801,311 times
IM quite shocked too at the amount of women who wanted Hilary in power.. shes took the same lies, the same silly excuses for years about her husbands philanderings.. and could still live with him and spring back looking for more... Id have been too ashamed, and as for him.... hes beyond shame..

Old 01-24-2017, 01:54 PM

35,769 posts, read 21,126,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
I don't think its right to be confrontational and cause riots and piggy messes without a clear reason. I do think you are right that a lot of Trump voters like myself just vote and remain quite. I've never tried argue with people I know in real life about how they should vote. With liberal friends go off on it I usually just remind them I don't agree with them politically, value our friendship and we have to change the subject. I won't remain friends with anyone that won't allow me to think differently. I won't hide who I am when asked, but I won't wear it on a shirt or hat either. I don't consider it being a pansy. I don't want to live in a bubble with people that only think exactly the way I do politically or alienate friends that don't agree with me 100 percent. We vote every 4 years. Everyone at some time in their life has their candidate lose. The control of which party changes back and forth. I look at these protests and think the world has gone crazy.

Citydata is different. The conversations are fun, but the people are strangers that don't matter as much to me.

I think you do- but you might be an introvert and just protests anonymously as you are doing right now on CD--- when I was young I was out there with the candle, freezing weather and a band on my arm-against the Vietnam war - now in a position where I simply cannot! Nobody will pay my bills for me, so I stay anonymous! - When I retire- if I have the strength- I'll probably be at some center making posters - I have been overseas, I know what oppression looks like- and how people cannot speak for FEAR_ we never want to go there, EVER! today the potus said: DO NOT OPEN YOUR MOUTHS EPA--

Old 01-24-2017, 01:55 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,299,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Right - I wasn't OFFENDED - that's too strong a word. Bemused, maybe. Not at all surprised. Any more than I was at Trump's vulgarities...or Hilary's continued enabling.

Wait a minute - that last one, I DO find offensive as a woman. Actually, she makes my skin crawl with her enabling behavior. That definitely bothers me more than Trump's locker room talk OR the ***** hats.
I think many misjudged how offensive Hillary's actions here were.

My wife would love to see a female president. I understand. She could not bring herself to vote for Hillary...Or vulgar Trump.

She voted Stein.

Old 01-24-2017, 01:57 PM

89,243 posts, read 44,979,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Read the comments. Overwhelmingly negative. As usual, the left fails again.

Old 01-24-2017, 01:57 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,632,208 times
People still don't get it. If a man got up in front of people and went off on some schpeil about his dick he'd be labeled a pervert. Ashley's outright gross recital and people like Madonna and Miley that hump things on stage aren't a good choice if women want to be taken seriously. If we haven't come far enough it may be the fault of women like those in these protests. If you want to be taken seriously don't stand up and cheer for people like this.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:00 PM

88,691 posts, read 85,035,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the windows being broken happened the day before. No?
Yes, that wasn't the women's march but some losers on the day of the actual inauguration breaking stuff and setting something on fire. Some have been arrested and will be prosecuted, as they should be. There is no acceptable reason for being destructive like that.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:00 PM

35,769 posts, read 21,126,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
IM quite shocked too at the amount of women who wanted Hilary in power.. shes took the same lies, the same silly excuses for years about her husbands philanderings.. and could still live with him and spring back looking for more... Id have been too ashamed, and as for him.... hes beyond shame..

you say you are conservative, how many have lived with the cheating husbands to keep the family unit together?? Forgive 7x70 the church tells you- hmm? but a far as some of the dumb stuff like emails- 99% bogus chatter - I know- ask the military- they know HOW top secret is transmitted and it is never on a reg. server- I wont into go again its over-- but a woman as POTUS,,, what scares ya? women all over the world would have been empowered- my grand daughters would KNOW can do whatever they want- just with one female POTUS-
again its over- BUT not what the majority of women WANT! NOt going anywhere

Old 01-24-2017, 02:02 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,299,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, that wasn't the women's march but some losers on the day of the actual inauguration breaking stuff and setting something on fire. Some have been arrested and will be prosecuted, as they should be. There is no acceptable reason for being destructive like that.
Why did the founders create the 2nd amendment?

(I must have asked this 10 times now without an answer)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies