Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2017, 01:25 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I feel bad that is all you have in your heart for the church. You have to know as a Catholic that Satan is trying to destroy our faith in any way he can.
No, that's not all, there's a lot of blatant lies that were taught in Sunday School when I was a small child. And I find what the church hierarchy did to protect its priests inexcusable, criminal behavior is criminal behavior, wearing a priestly frock doesn't change that. And trying to pass off inexcusable human actions on Satan is at best a lame excuse. The church destroyed my faith in it, nothing and no one else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 01:30 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I feel bad that is all you have in your heart for the church. You have to know as a Catholic that Satan is trying to destroy our faith in any way he can.
I think catholic priests who like to sodomize children have/are doing more damage to anyone's faith than satan ever could.

Last edited by kajo13; 01-27-2017 at 01:39 PM..

Old 01-27-2017, 01:34 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 253valerie View Post
You all are aware that condoms have a higher failure rate, even when used properly, than other forms of BC, right? They protect from a lot of STI's, so, I mean I'm not belittling their value. But, other types of BC work better if pregnancy is all you're worried about.
they may not work as well as other forms, but they do protect a large % of the time. Remember there was a time when they were the only form of BC and families still kept the number of children down to what they felt was right for them if they followed directions.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:36 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,822 times
Newsflash: Many of the women who will be attending this march were also participants in the other march.

Also, perhaps you'd like to define the difference between a "real" and "not real" woman?

Old 01-27-2017, 01:45 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No, that's not all, there's a lot of blatant lies that were taught in Sunday School when I was a small child. And I find what the church hierarchy did to protect its priests inexcusable, criminal behavior is criminal behavior, wearing a priestly frock doesn't change that. And trying to pass off inexcusable human actions on Satan is at best a lame excuse. The church destroyed my faith in it, nothing and no one else.

Just to clarify - and not to condone the Church or ANY other organization for covering up sexual abuse - it has been determined (and that's difficult) by several studies that the incidence of pedophilia (this does not include other forms of sexual abuse) in the general population is somewhere between 3-5 percent of the male population. The Catholic Church's incidence of sexual abuse (not limited to pedophilia) is about 4 percent of the clergy. Like I said, this includes other forms of sexual abuse, not just pedophilia.
How many men are paedophiles? - BBC News

For comparison, about 1 in 10 students in public schools report some form of sexual abuse FROM TEACHERS during their school careers. That's ten percent of public school students.
Is sexual abuse in schools very common?

30 percent of children who are victims of sexual abuse are abused by family members.

Good article on the topic:
Priests Commit No More Abuse Than Other Males

Old 01-27-2017, 01:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Man, the media is gonna crap all over this one and probably won't even report on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It will be pure vitriol coming from the mainstream media.
Yes, these stories are just awful, right?
Vice President Pence tells March for Life rally: 'Life is winning'
March for Life participants optimistic about Trump, Pence
Vice President Mike Pence Tells March for Life: 'Life Is Winning Again in America' - ABC News
March for Life highlights gains by abortion opponents in Washington - CBS News
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...a63_story.html

Dial down the paranoia a bit, please!

Old 01-27-2017, 01:55 PM

772 posts, read 390,761 times
GOD Bless those women!

I may not have been able to march with them in person, but I am marching with them in spirit.

I am s-o PROUD!

No cursing, no obnoxious, raunchy celebrities to mar the occasion.

Smiles, laughter, joy!

I am also proud of our VP Pence for speaking at the event!

What a glorious day this is in America!!!

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUMF View Post
As in any 'crime' - it depends on a lot of circumstances.
If the court decides that having one is murder, then she suffers the punishment of a convicted murderer as judged by the court.
If the court doesn't rule it a murder, then a less than felony sentenced needs to be applied.
And guess what? If it's seen as a murder and she serves a life sentence, then most likely, unless the night guards pay her a conjugal visit, she'll not murder any more...
So you would lock a woman up for life if she procured an abortion?

Good to know you're out there.

1,323 posts, read 588,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Just to clarify - and not to condone the Church or ANY other organization for covering up sexual abuse - it has been determined (and that's difficult) by several studies that the incidence of pedophilia (this does not include other forms of sexual abuse) in the general population is somewhere between 3-5 percent of the male population. The Catholic Church's incidence of sexual abuse (not limited to pedophilia) is about 4 percent of the clergy. Like I said, this includes other forms of sexual abuse, not just pedophilia.
How many men are paedophiles? - BBC News

For comparison, about 1 in 10 students in public schools report some form of sexual abuse FROM TEACHERS during their school careers. That's ten percent of public school students.
Is sexual abuse in schools very common?

30 percent of children who are victims of sexual abuse are abused by family members.

Good article on the topic:
Priests Commit No More Abuse Than Other Males
But priests aren't supposed to be like all the other males, right?

You said you aren't condoning it, but it does seem like your suggesting that because a portion of the general population statistically abuses children that a portion of the priesthood will too. I'd think they'd be held to higher standard and their faith would prevent such atrocities.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:58 PM

772 posts, read 390,761 times
Pro-life women were discouraged and in some cases excluded for the abortion, HRC supporters march.

Apparently there was a checklist requirement for the previous march.

If you didn't agree with everything on the checklist you were excluded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies