Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2006, 06:50 AM

454 posts, read 906,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
I expect you to provide FACTS, based on sources, and then to cite them. I expect you to synthesize said information and then put forth ideas based on said information (including information you may take issue with). I expect you to take the time to view links, before commenting. And, MOST OF ALL, I expect you to not use your screen name as a way to escape having to be a critical thinker. And you'd do well to lose the cutsies along the way, in spite of their charm and ignorance. (and names like "sweattea and cuddles.") Egads and how stupid have we become?
Wow.

Lets see if I can do this one more time.

You accuse the government of everthing they do, 9-11, Iraq, Katrina, whatever. It is your theories that are accusing the US. Now, in a court of law you would be prosecuting the government, accusing them of doing some very bad things. Can you agree that that?

Good. Now, think about all of the law shows you watch on TV. What is the job of the prosecution? It is to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the bad guys did what you say they did. The bad guy says "no, it was not me" The prosecution must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the bad guy did it. They do this by connecting the chain of evidence and the bad guy together. Any problems with that idea?

If the prosecution cannot connect the two, then there is reasonable doubt.

You are asking the defense to prove beyond a reasonable doubt their case. What gives with that?

Now, unconfuse me here. What does my screen name have anything to do with escaping being a critical thinker? Good lord, I have been up for 24 hours straight dealing with the catastrophy that the wind storm gave is in Washington, my eyes are burning and I am beat tired, but my ability to think critically even now bests anything I have seen from you.

Cuddles and Sweaty are great allies in the fight against the ignorant conspiracy theories, so I am happy they are on my side.

Who's on your side?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2006, 09:53 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dufferz View Post
Wow.

Lets see if I can do this one more time.

You accuse the government of everthing they do, 9-11, Iraq, Katrina, whatever. It is your theories that are accusing the US. Now, in a court of law you would be prosecuting the government, accusing them of doing some very bad things. Can you agree that that?

Good. Now, think about all of the law shows you watch on TV. What is the job of the prosecution? It is to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the bad guys did what you say they did. The bad guy says "no, it was not me" The prosecution must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the bad guy did it. They do this by connecting the chain of evidence and the bad guy together. Any problems with that idea?

If the prosecution cannot connect the two, then there is reasonable doubt.

You are asking the defense to prove beyond a reasonable doubt their case. What gives with that?

Now, unconfuse me here. What does my screen name have anything to do with escaping being a critical thinker? Good lord, I have been up for 24 hours straight dealing with the catastrophy that the wind storm gave is in Washington, my eyes are burning and I am beat tired, but my ability to think critically even now bests anything I have seen from you.

Cuddles and Sweaty are great allies in the fight against the ignorant conspiracy theories, so I am happy they are on my side.

Who's on your side?

Hey I am on your side too!!! How are you in Washington? My family is in Oregon and lost some the roof and trees. Not to mention the power!!

Old 12-17-2006, 11:53 AM

421 posts, read 348,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbercuddles View Post
I don't know about you, Sweattea, but if there is a moderator anywhere in the building, that was an offensive post, in my opinion.

What was that rule...oh yeah...no personal attacks of any kind...

Help!! I've been ATTACKED!! What exactly did I say to you Movin'on to deserve that comment? I've been nothing but civil to you...thanks.

What? that was a personal attack? So far she has told me to bite her, she told me I was full of shi_, she told me I had an IQ lower than 100, she told me I was broke, and she told me I lived in an inferior part of town compared to her

Have you read her post? Do you think I could get insulted or I'd even report her to the moderators? She's a joke I need a good laugh here and there.

Old 12-17-2006, 12:15 PM

112 posts, read 69,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
No, that's quite all right. I understood completely the point I was trying to make.

So, how's yer neck doin'?
My neck is doing fine!!! Still think you can fly?

Old 12-17-2006, 12:22 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbercuddles View Post
I don't know about you, Sweattea, but if there is a moderator anywhere in the building, that was an offensive post, in my opinion.

What was that rule...oh yeah...no personal attacks of any kind...

Help!! I've been ATTACKED!! What exactly did I say to you Movin'on to deserve that comment? I've been nothing but civil to you...thanks.
My apologies, but I do end up feeling ganged up on. It seems as though there is a tag team and I haven't appreciated some of the comments thrown my way. Still, I have thick skin, although I have felt attacked at times myself, as if I am some loon for not accepting RW talking points and not believing in the official version. I, too, have been offended by posts but have never felt the need to call for moderator intervention.

Old 12-17-2006, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweattea View Post
What? that was a personal attack? So far she has told me to bite her, she told me I was full of shi_, she told me I had an IQ lower than 100, she told me I was broke, and she told me I lived in an inferior part of town compared to her

Have you read her post? Do you think I could get insulted or I'd even report her to the moderators? She's a joke I need a good laugh here and there.
Hmm, I think I feel Attacked. I'm a joke. Okay. Good and fine and I've been called far worse.

BTW, I do not quite recall what you state above except for the bite me comment. I certainly never used language like "you live in an inferior part of town, or that you are broke, etc."

We all have a right to our opinions and if you think I am a joke, it's ok by me. I don't hold it against you.

Old 12-17-2006, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Hmm, I think I feel Attacked. I'm a joke. Okay. Good and fine and I've been called far worse.

BTW, I do not quite recall what you state above except for the bite me comment. I certainly never used language like "you live in an inferior part of town, or that you are broke, etc."

We all have a right to our opinions and if you think I am a joke, it's ok by me. I don't hold it against you.

The broke comment is back a couple of pages and the inferior part of town insult and the IQ insult has been deleted. I'm sure you remember it though. It doesn't matter I myself didn't report it.

Old 12-17-2006, 02:54 PM

Quote:
The broke comment is back a couple of pages and the inferior part of town insult and the IQ insult has been deleted. I'm sure you remember it though. It doesn't matter I myself didn't report it.
Yes, I said it wasn't my problem or I didn't care if someone was broke as a result of this current situation. That much is true, if a person voted for Bush. As far as the other comments in question, I do not recall them.

At any rate, I never report anything, as I have the skin to take whatever is thrown my way. If I am called a loon or a moonbat or a joke, it doesn't phase me. I learned on an ultra conservative board not to take things personally. In fact, today I woke up to a thread with tons of insults (not here) that made my day and made me laugh.

Be that as it may, we all have different opinions and I go with the flow. Now, I shall focus my energies on this thread and its purpose.

Old 12-17-2006, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Yes, I said it wasn't my problem or I didn't care if someone was broke as a result of this current situation. That much is true, if a person voted for Bush. As far as the other comments in question, I do not recall them.

At any rate, I never report anything, as I have the skin to take whatever is thrown my way. If I am called a loon or a moonbat or a joke, it doesn't phase me. I learned on an ultra conservative board not to take things personally. In fact, today I woke up to a thread with tons of insults (not here) that made my day and made me laugh.

Be that as it may, we all have different opinions and I go with the flow. Now, I shall focus my energies on this thread and its purpose.

I actually don't know anyone who is broke due to the current situation. I would hate to think what would have happened to our economy if we would have had a democrat president after 911. I think Bush has done a fantastic job with what has been thrown at him.

Old 12-17-2006, 03:54 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
I actually don't know anyone who is broke due to the current situation. I would hate to think what would have happened to our economy if we would have had a democrat president after 911. I think Bush has done a fantastic job with what has been thrown at him.
I second that, I would have been in the loony farm by now!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies