Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2017, 10:58 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Is not my term...maybe you should let everyone in the country know because the phrase is used frequently to describe total votes?
Total vote and popular vote refer to the exact same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Such a bizarre debate.

I'm not sure why Trump and some people can't move on from these points. You won - be happy?
Bizarre, I should say.

Who in their right mind demands a recount when they win?

Old 02-06-2017, 11:02 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Total vote and popular vote refer to the exact same thing.
Um, you don't have to tell me this.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:03 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You can repeat your lie a thousand time but it doesn't make it true.
Are you saying she didn't get what was it, 4 more million votes? Enjoy that alternative reality (safe space).

Old 02-06-2017, 11:04 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
Have you considered that if the "popular vote" matters, people would vote differently and the candidates would campaign differently?

I know what the current number shows but it does not show "popular vote." It's very bizarre for you to think the total vote is somehow the "popular vote."

By the way, I was NOT the one bringing up this "popular vote" nonsense. I did called out the lie about the existence of the "popular vote."
The popular vote also differs if it snows on election day. No point in inventing hypotheticals to recast the election results.

Trump is President because of the how the Constitution was written. Have you ever considered that if the framers realized how much power would come to be attached to the office of the President perhaps they would not have constructed the Electoral College?

Maybe yes, maybe no.

It is what it is. Trump won the electoral college. Clinton won the popular vote.

End of story.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:05 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
The popular vote also differs if it snows on election day. No point in inventing hypotheticals to recast the election results.

Trump is President because of the how the Constitution was written. Have you ever considered that if the framers realized how much power would come to be attached to the office of the President perhaps they would not have constructed the Electoral College?

Maybe yes, maybe no.

It is what it is. Trump won the electoral college. Clinton won the popular vote.

End of story.
Clinton won jack squat. There's no popular vote in our electoral college system.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
I'd love to but the liberal media won't shut up about the phantom popular vote.
Alas, I know it is difficult for some to separate actual facts from alternative facts but the popular vote was not "phantom." It was actually counted.

What is "phantom" is Trump's bizarre claim that nearly half the estimated undocumented immigrants in this nation risked deportation in order to vote.

Even more bizarre is that Trump is basing this claim on the word of a wandering hustler, Gregg Phillips, and his voting fraud "app."

Old 02-06-2017, 11:07 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
I'd love to but the liberal media won't shut up about the phantom popular vote.
Liberal media?

Trump wrongly blames fraud for loss of popular vote - Breitbart

Old 02-06-2017, 11:11 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,138 times
Like Howard Stern said trump needs to feel loved and he's not and that is hurting his feelings bigly!

Old 02-06-2017, 11:12 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Alas, I know it is difficult for some to separate actual facts from alternative facts but the popular vote was not "phantom." It was actually counted.

What is "phantom" is Trump's bizarre claim that nearly half the estimated undocumented immigrants in this nation risked deportation in order to vote.

Even more bizarre is that Trump is basing this claim on the word of a wandering hustler, Gregg Phillips, and his voting fraud "app."
Once again, there's no popular vote in our electoral college system. You can tally the votes in whatever way you want, popular vote doesn't exist.

Yes, it's bizarre that Trump said there were millions of illegal votes. I'd like to see some evidence of that. I hope his investigation finds something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies